Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7503 7504 [7505] 7506 7507 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9510098 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112560 on: March 05, 2018, 07:08:43 pm »

That clause has typically been interpreted as referring to "torture that we won't admit is torture because it doesn't hurt." It could be argued that it violates "(2) The wounded and sick shall be collected and cared for", but nothing in the Convention mandates that a signatory allows a third party access.

It's dead against the spirit of the conventions, but it likely sticks within the letter.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112561 on: March 06, 2018, 05:19:00 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:29:36 pm by dragdeler »
let

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112562 on: March 07, 2018, 12:32:00 am »

I'll agree that fucking people is a waste of time, but people in general are alright. If you can find the less noisy ones at least.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #112563 on: March 07, 2018, 04:05:12 am »

I'll agree that fucking people is a waste of time, but people in general are alright. If you can find the less noisy ones at least.
There is nothing wrong per se with fucking people. You meet (and sometimes, spawn) other people. Fucking noisy people might lead to neighbour complaints though
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112564 on: March 07, 2018, 04:22:59 am »

I like humans, but spawning even more of them seems unwise. Especially because they always START noisy.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112565 on: March 07, 2018, 04:23:58 am »

also messy and demanding.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112566 on: March 07, 2018, 04:26:03 am »

We're all messy and demanding, even if we manage to hide it fairly well around others. SOME of us, I mean.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112567 on: March 07, 2018, 02:05:47 pm »

I don’t understand the sadness.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #112568 on: March 07, 2018, 04:47:52 pm »

Brother is in the ER for an ulcer at the moment. At least it's not something worse, but eeh.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112569 on: March 07, 2018, 05:22:19 pm »

Arh, painful. I hope he gets well soon.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112570 on: March 08, 2018, 10:09:51 pm »

For a while now I've been enjoying a fasting diet where I only eat once per day, or within a small time window, and I've been enjoying it. I wonder though if it's also the reason my emotions, i.e. my psychological health, are staying in check? Lately for a while now it feels like whenever I eat anything my brain goes into hyperdrive, though that isn't meant to be a positive thing as I chronically over-worry and over-think which often tend to send me into a downward spiral and keep me up when I desperately need to sleep. My hypothesis is that by depriving myself, I'm depriving my brain of the excess energy it needs to use to pursue every little rabbit hole to throw itself into, and forcing it to actually function the way it was intended to function in the first place. That seems to be my observation so far.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112571 on: March 08, 2018, 10:15:00 pm »

Could just be a disciplinary thing. I find I tend to function better mentally when I have more stability, especially when that involves eating regular meals as opposed to snacking when I get hungry.

Though this could just be a schedule thing, since I tend to eat before work and after work.

Are you a particularly physically active person?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112572 on: March 08, 2018, 10:34:10 pm »

Recently, yeah, I've been going to the gym several times a week.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112573 on: March 08, 2018, 10:37:30 pm »

Eh, not a doctor or nutritionist or whatever, but it’s probably a good idea to make sure you’re getting enough food for your body to fuel that. I’m a bit biased though; my depression tends to get a lot worse the more tired I get.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112574 on: March 08, 2018, 10:39:52 pm »

Well, the idea of the fasting diet is that your body is literally forced to use its fat reserves to maintain functioning. Of which I have plenty still I think.
Pages: 1 ... 7503 7504 [7505] 7506 7507 ... 8168