Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7488 7489 [7490] 7491 7492 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9509915 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112335 on: January 31, 2018, 12:27:14 am »

So, it's story time. A couple of weeks ago, during the Great Slushfall, some jackass clipped me on the highway and I hit a concrete retaining wall in my project car (a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. It's...small,) at 45mph/72kmph. I was fine, the car was fine, and I drove it home. It then died due to stress on the transmission from the crash (and also being a project car.) It will drive backward, but not forward. So, I bought a junker that ran well enough from my neighbor for a couple hundred bucks. It started right up, ran just fine, just needed a new battery and possibly tires. I pulled the battery out of the Eclipse and put it in the junker, and everything was fine.

As I try to go to work this morning, the junker will not start. Battery is deader than a doornail. Mind you, this is the good battery from my nicer car. I'm really getting sick of cars, guys.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112336 on: January 31, 2018, 12:38:08 am »

Transportation is a pain in the ass.  Car problems are the fucking worst.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112337 on: January 31, 2018, 01:54:12 pm »

I find it odd that society wants to pretend I don't exist but when I want to make it so they don't have to pretend anymore, that's suddenly a bad thing.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #112338 on: January 31, 2018, 03:02:57 pm »

Leaving Cork for Sligo makes me sad.

Sligo is beautiful, mind you. And it has not one but TWO megalithic complex within walking distance (well sort of. For some definitions of walking distance) of the city, which is a good thing given my fascination with all things archeological, the older the better.   But I had friends in Cork :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #112339 on: January 31, 2018, 08:08:47 pm »

On the plus side, you're muuuuuuch closer to me now.

*Heavy breathing.*

County Armagh's just 'round the corner and 'cross a border. Join the dark side.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112340 on: February 03, 2018, 01:05:57 am »

@MrRoboto:
Some days, spite is all that keeps me going.  I have good times, but it's contrarianism that gets me through the bad.
If we give up, they win.  Don't let that happen.  Every hardship is another badge of honor, regardless of anyone else's opinion.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112341 on: February 03, 2018, 09:37:49 am »

@MrRoboto:
Some days, spite is all that keeps me going.  I have good times, but it's contrarianism that gets me through the bad.
If we give up, they win.  Don't let that happen.  Every hardship is another badge of honor, regardless of anyone else's opinion.
I'm not sure how healthy this is, mentally speaking, but yeah. I got through some rough patches by (figuratively) spitting in the face of the universe in general.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112342 on: February 03, 2018, 02:02:18 pm »

So, it's story time. A couple of weeks ago, during the Great Slushfall, some jackass clipped me on the highway and I hit a concrete retaining wall in my project car (a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. It's...small,) at 45mph/72kmph. I was fine, the car was fine, and I drove it home. It then died due to stress on the transmission from the crash (and also being a project car.) It will drive backward, but not forward. So, I bought a junker that ran well enough from my neighbor for a couple hundred bucks. It started right up, ran just fine, just needed a new battery and possibly tires. I pulled the battery out of the Eclipse and put it in the junker, and everything was fine.

As I try to go to work this morning, the junker will not start. Battery is deader than a doornail. Mind you, this is the good battery from my nicer car. I'm really getting sick of cars, guys.

My secret is to not have a vehicle anymore.

Pros: Less expensive, less to maintain.
Cons: Walking everywhere, working out rides, the fact that outside of big cities participating in society requires access to transportation.

It is not a very good secret. I miss vehicles.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112343 on: February 03, 2018, 02:03:35 pm »

I miss being able to not have a vehicle.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112344 on: February 03, 2018, 02:45:49 pm »

There's a good chance I'm getting fired in at least two weeks, if not sooner.  Honestly it felt like every day would be my last, but now its actually halfway true.

Even if my job never fails to make me feel like worthless shit, my position could be replaced by anybody, and they never pay me a living wage, its still basically the only part of my with any meaning whatsoever.  I don't think I will be able to get another job, if I can't even do basic retail.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112345 on: February 03, 2018, 04:44:33 pm »

Got into a heated argument with an IRL friend and it ended up getting the better of me as I told them why I'm salty about WoW, which is essentially I paid 100$ CDN and 20$ per month to play with friends and him, plus all my other ones, refused to do so because their raid leader hates me, they only play to do raid (which I can't do because I'm not allowed into the guild they're in, not to mention the one I argued with and another friend claimed I'm bad at the class/roles I want to do) and they never just want to do things to have fun.

I literally feel like I got ripped off because they TOLD ME to get it so I COULD play with them, and of course, new expansion comes out and they want to have me join them BUT THEY FORGOT ALL THE REASONS WHY I DONT PLAY ANYMORE.

Told all of me friends to fuck off last night when the one I argued with got upset saying "I never said I'm not gonna play with you" and I told him to his face, even in RL, if it's something he doesn't want to do, he immediately makes it not fun or forces everyone to do what HE wants to do (ex: he wanted to play jackbox party pack but everyone else (all three of us) wanted to play Overcooked and he proceeded to kick everyone out))

I love these guys, but fuck me, they really do sometimes stretch how far friendship goes :/
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112346 on: February 03, 2018, 04:48:30 pm »

My secret is to not have a vehicle anymore.

Pros: Less expensive, less to maintain.
Cons: Walking everywhere, working out rides, the fact that outside of big cities participating in society requires access to transportation.

It is not a very good secret. I miss vehicles.

Motorcycles are a good compromise.  When it's not winter.  And you don't have kids to worry about.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112347 on: February 03, 2018, 05:04:58 pm »

Civilian Kurds and Syrian refugees getting artillery-shelled together with US allied YPG forces in Afrin, Syria, and no one is asking Erdogan what the fuck he thinks he is doing.
So far about hundred people got killed by the bombardments, including 20 children. Inhabitants from villages and towns around Afrin have fled to the city, increasing it's population from 200k to 800k in just a few days.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112348 on: February 04, 2018, 11:17:57 am »

Dad's yelling at me to just stop being depressed.  Like golly gee willikers, all I needed was for someone to tell me to STOP!  Look, now I have friends!  A decent job!  I can look at myself without feeling pain!  Someone is romantically interested in me!

Thanks dad, you're a real hero.  All that therapy and possible anti-depressant routine were just a silly distraction right?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #112349 on: February 04, 2018, 12:41:34 pm »

On the plus side, you're muuuuuuch closer to me now.

*Heavy breathing.*

County Armagh's just 'round the corner and 'cross a border. Join the dark side.

I'll keep that in mind ;)

For now I'm enjoying a two week long holiday back home.  So far so good.

I'm not going to bring my big laptop to Sligo on my return trip, I will have it shipped later.  I donno if I should load it up here or stick to my ultrabook gaming of Doom and Rimworld for the time being
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 7488 7489 [7490] 7491 7492 ... 8168