Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7487 7488 [7489] 7490 7491 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9510116 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112320 on: January 25, 2018, 09:43:47 pm »

Perhaps think of getting a different, more reliable therapist? Unless you're particularly attached to that one, it's quite important to have consistent face-to-face meetings.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112321 on: January 25, 2018, 09:55:02 pm »

I don't know what to do anymore.  Like everything else in my life, its my fault.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112322 on: January 27, 2018, 07:43:23 am »

Fucking Taliban. Suicide ambulance blew itself up in the govenrment /diplomat district of Kabul. At least 63 dead, nearly 200 wounded.
I guess the Geneva convention has to be revised, to make medical vehicles valid targets, or this can't be stopped.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 07:45:22 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #112323 on: January 27, 2018, 08:12:53 am »

Sick as hell today. My head's pounding, my throat's sore, my limbs feel like lead when I try to stand up.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112324 on: January 27, 2018, 09:06:40 am »

Holy shit, this flu isn't a very friendly one. I feel like thin green crap.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112325 on: January 27, 2018, 10:20:49 am »

Man, I DARE you to call these guys Xenos Scum:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #112326 on: January 27, 2018, 02:39:00 pm »

Are your appointments getting canceled?  Because most therapists will try to set you up with a consistent appointment every week and you don't need to talk about it unless something stops you from going.  And even then, my therapist uses an app to do sessions over the phone if one of us can't make it in.

They end up being less than weekly because she has no available time before that.  And then something random gets in the way so I have to worry about rescheduling and pushing it back more and more.
Have you considered finding a different therapist?  The impression I have is that being able to see someone at the same time every week is the industry standard.  Seeing the therapist consistently is part of what makes it work.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #112327 on: January 27, 2018, 03:59:07 pm »

Doing community management stuff when you've spiralled far enough into depression that your ground state of being is numbness or seething, undirected rage is difficult. I hate people so much sometimes. So, so much.

And I broke and self harmed this morning, which isn't great.

Bloody hell I hate life so much sometimes. Everything hurts my soul and there's nothing I can do.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112328 on: January 27, 2018, 04:56:39 pm »

Are your appointments getting canceled?  Because most therapists will try to set you up with a consistent appointment every week and you don't need to talk about it unless something stops you from going.  And even then, my therapist uses an app to do sessions over the phone if one of us can't make it in.

They end up being less than weekly because she has no available time before that.  And then something random gets in the way so I have to worry about rescheduling and pushing it back more and more.
Have you considered finding a different therapist?  The impression I have is that being able to see someone at the same time every week is the industry standard.  Seeing the therapist consistently is part of what makes it work.

My shitty dead end job doesn't have a fixed schedule. And the person in charge of that is a lazy dumbass who does it at the end of the week and is incapable of following it himself.  And I have so little hours these days I can't take off without feeling it hard.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #112329 on: January 28, 2018, 01:33:27 pm »

Ingvar Kamprad, the IK of IKEA, is dead.
Love, scriver~

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #112330 on: January 29, 2018, 01:02:55 pm »

My shitty dead end job doesn't have a fixed schedule. And the person in charge of that is a lazy dumbass who does it at the end of the week and is incapable of following it himself.  And I have so little hours these days I can't take off without feeling it hard.
You could block out just the specific time + date when you have your sessions?  Many people who work part-time jobs without a fixed schedule work more than one; so your employer should have a system in place to handle limited availability.

Sorry if you were posting here to vent instead of looking for advice.  I hope things improve for you.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112331 on: January 30, 2018, 01:54:26 am »

Unreliable and/or sadistic government employees and public servants, who I am forced to rely on to survive. This is such a ridiculously stressful situation, trying to get paid before my rent is due in just a few days, and it isn't even my fault.

I would have thought something being entirely not my fault would make it less painful, but instead it just leaves me feeling utterly helpless, a feeling that turns out to be at least as bad as the usual self-loathing.

Also, I haven't been able to exercise (or perhaps have just lacked motivation due to stress) for at least a couple of days now, and the start-of-year optimism I was feeling has pretty much entirely worn off.
Just... everything sucks right now, everything sucks and I feel entirely powerless to stem the tide of suckiness and I have no-one to turn to for help or even to have a reasonable, honest conversation about it all with.
Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I had one of those.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #112332 on: January 30, 2018, 06:58:58 am »

The triple taco threat moon is happening tommorow, once in a 150 years. Last week was super clear and nice, rest of this week, starting today is gonna be cloudy :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #112333 on: January 30, 2018, 11:58:58 pm »

Its been years since I've posted regularly. Coming back and looking at the banlist, I see so many familiar names having run afoul of the hammer. What a damn shame.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #112334 on: January 31, 2018, 12:03:18 am »

I've been fighting to keep any sort of motivation for... Anything for a couple of days now, usually I'm out of this funk by now but I've done practically nothing but sit in my bed and stare at my monitor doing nothing for a few days now.

I know I'm supposed to take it easy and heal but this is feeling counter intuitive, every day has felt like an entire week with no sleep. I don't really know what to do given it's so bad my body outright wont listen to me and even just try things I think might work, I just... Sit here. And sit. And sit. And... That's it.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 7487 7488 [7489] 7490 7491 ... 8168