Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7485 7486 [7487] 7488 7489 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9510195 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112290 on: January 21, 2018, 02:01:48 pm »

My brothers horse died. She was a sweetheart. We took her to the vet since she wouldnt eat and acted like her stomach hurt, who couldnt find anything wrong with her, she was fine for another day, but this morning shes dead. And i kinda feel its partly my fault for not vetting their hay and feeding place more carefully

And the dog kept wanting to go outside last night but i coupdnt figure out why. But she wanted me to follow her, and i didnt, she just seemed to want to go potty
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:08:22 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #112291 on: January 21, 2018, 02:09:07 pm »

I'm afraid of myself. I just kicked my kitten and tried to strangle him, but my mother stopped me from doing so. I can't do anything to stop my constant hatred of literally everything that exist in this universe. If I try to hold my anger inside me, I eventually release it. If I release it, I hurt people around me with my shitty attitude. The worst part is that I absolutely shouldn't visit therapist, because if the fact that I'm a liberal will be known to doctors, I'll be eventually imprisoned by Putinist regime. Fuck this world, fuck this country, fuck myself, fuck my mother, FUCK EVERYTHING!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112292 on: January 21, 2018, 02:10:24 pm »

my teacher wants me to do this homework before 8pm or else ill get kicked out but i cannot focus and ill probably just end up turning it in for an F which is exciting! i was hoping id pass this class but oh well :^) i want to cry
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112293 on: January 21, 2018, 02:50:58 pm »

Probably smart to get off the Internet, or least avoid websites that do not involve your homework. Such as this one!

C'mon, you don't really want to fail, do you?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112294 on: January 21, 2018, 02:56:07 pm »

Probably smart to get off the Internet, or least avoid websites that do not involve your homework. Such as this one!

C'mon, you don't really want to fail, do you?

i dont of course but i can't. stare at the assignment for more than 10 seconds being off the internet doesnt help i tried that yesterday but i got two(2) words typed and gghgrhggr i really need to stop existing because im being so whiny about this
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #112295 on: January 21, 2018, 05:35:17 pm »

I'm afraid of myself. I just kicked my kitten and tried to strangle him, but my mother stopped me from doing so. I can't do anything to stop my constant hatred of literally everything that exist in this universe. If I try to hold my anger inside me, I eventually release it. If I release it, I hurt people around me with my shitty attitude. The worst part is that I absolutely shouldn't visit therapist, because if the fact that I'm a liberal will be known to doctors, I'll be eventually imprisoned by Putinist regime. Fuck this world, fuck this country, fuck myself, fuck my mother, FUCK EVERYTHING!

Write. If nothing else, find a page and write. Then breathe, deep breaths from the diaphragm. In and out slowly. At some point, you'll be at the point you can speak freely. Hold out, and this too shall pass.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112296 on: January 21, 2018, 06:56:05 pm »

my feels out to the guys with more serious issues than me. keep your chins up and stay strong. feeling strong (within reason) will gradually make you strong (emotionally).

my minor sadness; the jags fell just short of the super bowl. strong showing tho, if we tighten up for next year we'll get it but dang. hurts bro.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 06:59:52 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #112297 on: January 21, 2018, 07:51:16 pm »

Sudden and fairly brutal cough. Last night I was feeling pretty shit 'cause my appetite had tanked for the better part of two days but other than hunger and headache mostly okay, this morning my throat decided it was going to see if it could simultaneously cause my throat and my side to tear and bleed/bruise. Intensity has spaced out a bit by now (nightfall), but it's not getting much less intense. Just about made my throw up a few minutes ago, because all a throat needs besides mucus and contractions rubbing it raw is gastric acids coming to join the party

... hopefully this shit'll chill fairly rapidly, 'cause this is just about the worst cough I've had in like the last decade or two. Legit starting to get worried this is going to cause me to start coughing bits of blood, bleh. Also, after this, it's probably time to take the likely source back to the doctor. Been out of it enough I haven't noticed it they were taking their antibiotics appropriately, but they've been coughing now for like... three, four weeks, maybe, and getting intermittent spats of it since like... september or some shit. Finally appears to have got everyone else in the house, which means the stubbornness about getting a doc to deal with it is about to get kicked into the shitter. just as soon as the fever and coughing cuts out enough I can walk without having to hang on to the walls or whatever is handy to avoid hitting the ground head instead of foot first
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112298 on: January 21, 2018, 08:08:30 pm »

Damn. I hope you feel better. Please do call emergency services if it doesn't let up/gets worse and you can't go yourself. I know American ambulances are expensive as hell, but at least take an Uber to the hospital?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #112299 on: January 21, 2018, 08:26:22 pm »

There's folks I could call if it gets that bad, fortunately. Also fairly sure I could still make the drive to the nearest ER if it really came down to it. Pretty fucked up right now (much harder to fall over if you're sitting or laying down!) and it's a 20-30 minute drive, but it's also rural traffic with enough elderly (and farm equipment) around folks largely know how to deal with someone going slower than normal without killing anyone.

... honestly, I don't even know if uber reaches out here. Probably, but I've never checked.

E: also I totally just remembered the "press on upper lip to prevent sneezing" thing. Wonder if it works on coughs...

E2: initial testing is leaning towards maybe! This may be a bad idea from a congestion point of view but if my throat can get some time off to put down the knives I think my quality of life would notably improve...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 08:33:52 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112300 on: January 23, 2018, 09:03:12 am »

Highmax cancels recover from cold: Interrupted by throat infection!

If it rains, it pours. I thankfully slept last night at the cost of oversleeping and missing an hour of class. Thankfully, its review for me since I took this class already.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112301 on: January 24, 2018, 08:18:23 am »

Save The Children will cease it's operations in Afghanistan immediatly, after one of their offices in Jalalabad came under attack today. This morning the complex was blasted open by a car bomb, after which armed men entered the premises and started shooting random people. At least two charity workers were killed, and death count will probably rise, as the fighting is still ongoing. IS has claimed responsibilty.

Save The Children regrets having to withdraw from Afghanistan, but stresses that the safety of it's staff has to come first.

Looks like we'll have to go back to Afghanistan full force, IS is nearly dead in Syria, but on the rise in Afghanistan.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 08:20:01 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #112302 on: January 24, 2018, 09:19:14 am »

Or we could stop interfering.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112303 on: January 24, 2018, 12:44:33 pm »

This looked like a good type of interference.  Some terrorists saw it as a threat to their power, and a soft target.
I have some sympathy for isolationism, but the world is too interconnected nowadays for it to actually work.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #112304 on: January 24, 2018, 12:55:41 pm »

My apologies - I didn't mean Save the Children should have stayed away (though I remain somewhat sceptical as to how charities deal with funds, but that's beside the point). I meant that future military involvement in Afghanistan does not sounds like a good idea. I believe we've stuck our army-oar into the Middle East once too many. (Or ten too many).
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7485 7486 [7487] 7488 7489 ... 8168