Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7484 7485 [7486] 7487 7488 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9510385 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112275 on: January 18, 2018, 01:30:28 pm »

The last two days my mood has dropped insanely drastically. I haven't had issues with serious suicide ideation in a long time, but here I am. I can actually feel the blade on my skin, which is really fucking creepy.

I just want it to stop.

Hold on in there, and you really should get some help. Talking to us can help, yes, but I mean professional help who knows how to help.

Also local suicide hotline, if those exist in your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112276 on: January 18, 2018, 01:57:30 pm »

The last two days my mood has dropped insanely drastically. I haven't had issues with serious suicide ideation in a long time, but here I am. I can actually feel the blade on my skin, which is really fucking creepy.

I just want it to stop.
Hang in there mate. Don't feel ashamed to ask for professional help. Going from fine to near-suicidal in two days is something you do need to adress. People are there for you.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112277 on: January 18, 2018, 02:05:21 pm »

I just want it to stop.
Hang in there mate. Don't feel ashamed to ask for professional help. Going from fine to near-suicidal in two days is something you do need to adress. People are there for you.

I tried to avoid the word 'hang'....

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #112278 on: January 18, 2018, 02:34:57 pm »

I just want it to stop.

Hehe, that actually made me chuckle. I'd never hang myself, as it happens; the notion of the shock not knocking me out and then getting to feel myself die by inches as I am unable to make my heart beat or my lungs breathe is too spooky.

I'm probably okay for now. Forced myself through the worst of it. Not really feeling great, but the urge to hurt myself has subsided a little. :/

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #112279 on: January 18, 2018, 02:49:50 pm »

I just want it to stop.

Hehe, that actually made me chuckle. I'd never hang myself, as it happens; the notion of the shock not knocking me out and then getting to feel myself die by inches as I am unable to make my heart beat or my lungs breathe is too spooky.

I'm probably okay for now. Forced myself through the worst of it. Not really feeling great, but the urge to hurt myself has subsided a little. :/

Have a hug. *hug*
Also, see a professional. You need to.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112280 on: January 18, 2018, 05:23:34 pm »

Sometimes seeing a professional is untenable.

Learning how to cope with it is a good idea though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112281 on: January 18, 2018, 05:34:51 pm »

Sometimes seeing a professional is untenable.

What's that supposed to mean? If the general quality of professionals in the area is known to be poor or if it's beyond his budget, I'd get it, but otherwise sounds like really bad advice.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112282 on: January 18, 2018, 05:47:26 pm »

That was no advice, it was a comment :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #112283 on: January 18, 2018, 06:42:41 pm »

Oof, my mood just went completely down the drain for little to no reason. I'm not crying, but it's dangerously close. Accompanying this is a whole host of bad thoughts, though thankfully no suicidal ones. I feel like a complete and absolute failure, a useless fool, a pretentious moron who won't ever get anywhere in life and the sterling example of wasted potential. Like i can't even do anything right, like i should just give in to depression and slowly fade out of existence, because nobody will even fucking notice (... besides my immediate relatives). Logically i know that all of these are wrong, but emotionally... Holy shit. I've been down in the dumps before, but this is BAD. I hope this is gone tomorrow, else i'm in for a bad time.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #112284 on: January 18, 2018, 07:30:45 pm »

Me too. My contract is finishing soon, will start a new job in late February further north.

I'm sad about leavimg my acquaitances here.  I get this feeling of doing a tabula rasa over and over..
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112285 on: January 18, 2018, 08:13:58 pm »

Hope you feel better soon, Shooknarx.
Chairman, couldn't you add them on some kind of social media at least? No idea how far you are moving, but I'm sure you could arrange to catch up somewhere down the track.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112286 on: January 19, 2018, 08:39:21 am »

In Rio de Janeiro, 15 people were injured, and a 8 month old baby was killed, when a man drove his car into the crowd.
The crowd almost lynched and killed the driver. The police arrived just in time to take him into custody.
The man told the police that he had suffered an epileptic seizure while driving. Anti-epilepsy medicine were found in the vehicle.
The police say they do not think it was a terror attack.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #112287 on: January 19, 2018, 05:53:54 pm »

Somehow just about every time I finally scrounge up the energy and persistent recollection of intent to do a bit more on the whole jobs/survival/etc. side of things is also the time folks around me decide it's a good time to dump a few hundred pounds more pressure and stress on the process because it's taken however long it's been to reach that point. It's like the moment I start trying to dig myself out of this fucking hole my body's stuck in, god or whatever sends a signal out to the world saying it's time to start piling extra shit on everything.

Was almost feeling some vague approximation of enthusiastic yesterday/earlier today. Starting to get some stuff squared away, noticed some potential opportunities of interest(/sufficiently minimal requirements I can maybe actually do it as fucked up as am) and didn't forget them within a twelve hour window, etc.

Now I just have what's probably a tension headache from hell with an extra side of exhaustion and loss of appetite. Because no, person, however well intentioned it is what you're hung up on actually doesn't fucking help much these days when your work history is barely existent and shit for your age to boot, and being reminded for that Nth time how fucked the situation is doesn't actually help much. Schooling only goes so far when you have a multi-year gap in employment, next to no experience, and fairly significant capability issues. Also even if you want to help, I've been slowly getting the finance processing dumped on me and know pretty damn exactly the extent that's actually on the table.

Extra bonus points, half the reason this is as much of a mess right now is because I really don't have it in me to split my attention much, and if I focus on that side of things I start sliding on even managing what goddamn little I do (which is some fucking how generally more than everyone else involved that actually has resources/means/etc. that are secure) to keep the other folks here from dying sooner.

It'd be nice if I could figure out how to get help beyond what amounts to temporary shelter and sustenance. Something beyond the empty assurance (followed by little to no actual involvement) that I'm capable of what amounts to hospice care despite no training, no energy, and poor health, on top of getting myself in better shape despite having no resources not gifted (and not nearly enough of those to make headway without asking the gifters to fucking bankrupt themselves) and what consistently ends up being no means to get societal assistance, and securing a future despite the cavalcade of shit that has been much of my life having a damn good go at crippling my ability to do so. Because clearly after as many years as it's been of failing to do any of that, I'm somehow going to manage it going forward despite conditions only getting worse.

... s'just kinda' one of those things. Admitting there's a problem is called the first step, but it doesn't exactly help much where everywhere and every time you look for a step 2 the response roughly equates to "fuck you, maybe call back when you're actually homeless and entirely and visibly crippled".
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112288 on: January 20, 2018, 04:30:34 am »

Our last garden hen died today. She was probably about 6, not a bad age for a hen really. Sad that she died out in the cold in the garden. My brother had put out a cat carrier with some towels and a hot water bottle for her yesterday.  :(
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112289 on: January 21, 2018, 06:38:25 am »

It seems my father in law has metastasis. That simply sucks. He is the pillar of his home both financially and psychology.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 7484 7485 [7486] 7487 7488 ... 8168