Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7483 7484 [7485] 7486 7487 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9510353 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112260 on: January 16, 2018, 10:34:06 pm »

Can't she or whoever just hire someone qualified for the job? Though I guess something called 'company loyalty' might be prized over just hiring someone to fill the job than trying to train someone already working there for the position.

It also sounds like nobody at your workplace even wants to train under that person, even if they want the position.

Also, it sounds a little like you're pretty much in a good position for heading into that position, if you wanted to anyway.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112261 on: January 16, 2018, 11:27:45 pm »

Can't she or whoever just hire someone qualified for the job? Though I guess something called 'company loyalty' might be prized over just hiring someone to fill the job than trying to train someone already working there for the position.

It also sounds like nobody at your workplace even wants to train under that person, even if they want the position.

Also, it sounds a little like you're pretty much in a good position for heading into that position, if you wanted to anyway.

That's what they should do, but haven't made any suggestion of attempting.  Probably because licensed brokers are expensive to hire.  There are only around 11,000 in the country.

I would be in the perfect position to move into that....... but that would involve working directly under this person.  And being her direct employee looks like about the most miserable work experience imaginable.

Ultimately, it's beyond shitty to terminate someone's livelihood because they decide they don't want to advance.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112262 on: January 17, 2018, 11:58:18 am »

Can't sleep. Think I might be sick. Dunno.
Had an unplanned nap yesterday afternoon. Whoops. Supposed to be getting up for work in a couple of hours. X_x
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

se05239

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112263 on: January 17, 2018, 12:01:24 pm »

Youtube told me today that they'll deactivate my channel because it's not big enough. That really killed my mood, since I made only 1-5€ euro per month from my channel..

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112264 on: January 17, 2018, 12:32:28 pm »

That's pretty lame. Classic YouTube. :-/

Update on my Sad: yep I definitely seem to be sick. Food poisoning or summat. Hopefully it doesn't get worse.
Might have to call in sick, as much as I hate doing that... although I have over an hour to recover.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #112265 on: January 17, 2018, 01:05:59 pm »

Youtube told me today that they'll deactivate my channel because it's not big enough. That really killed my mood, since I made only 1-5€ euro per month from my channel..
Say what? Are you sure that isn't spam email? I've never heard of YouTube doing anything like that before.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #112266 on: January 17, 2018, 01:12:53 pm »

Say what? Are you sure that isn't spam email? I've never heard of YouTube doing anything like that before.
It appeared in my newsfeed. It's a set of new rules that will be implemented in February. A channel will need to have 4k hours seen in the last year and 1 thousand subscribers, or will be barred from making money. New channels will only be allowed to make money once they reach that quota.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112267 on: January 17, 2018, 01:15:56 pm »

It appeared in my newsfeed. It's a set of new rules that will be implemented in February. A channel will need to have 4k hours seen in the last year and 1 thousand subscribers, or will be barred from making money. New channels will only be allowed to make money once they reach that quota.

Not enough people watching their paid service, I guess.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112268 on: January 17, 2018, 01:55:12 pm »

Power went down, power went up, power went down, power fried my modem, power went up.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112269 on: January 17, 2018, 02:02:26 pm »

I had that happen once.

Well, I mean, I had my modem presumably fried by lightning presumably striking telephone lines. Made a big bang, which scared the shit out of me at the time since I was playing a stealth game and I was sneaking around Colditz.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #112270 on: January 17, 2018, 02:22:55 pm »

Power went down, power went up, power went down, power fried my modem, power went up.
I fought the law and the law won
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112271 on: January 17, 2018, 10:44:10 pm »

Oh shit... We've had that today too of course, minus the modem part. I'm going to unplug some things just in case.

Also, roommate tried to use the bread machine before the power went out, ruined batch ):  Or maybe not, he's going to put it in the oven if the power comes back tonight.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112272 on: January 18, 2018, 02:29:39 am »

The End Is Nigh makes me cry

And not in sadness or feels but frustration. I just made it to Golgtha...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112273 on: January 18, 2018, 05:03:05 am »

What the fuuuuuck. I'm still seemingly sick.
If I wake up in the morning and my gut so much as gurgles untowardly I'mma call in sick for sure tomorrow. >:(
Booze is Life for Yoink

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #112274 on: January 18, 2018, 01:27:16 pm »

The last two days my mood has dropped insanely drastically. I haven't had issues with serious suicide ideation in a long time, but here I am. I can actually feel the blade on my skin, which is really fucking creepy.

I just want it to stop.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 7483 7484 [7485] 7486 7487 ... 8168