Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7473 7474 [7475] 7476 7477 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9511831 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112110 on: December 17, 2017, 08:21:38 am »

Oh no, I am absolutely the same. I just want like 24 hours. Anymore and I'd degenerate into a horrible, messy goblin.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112111 on: December 17, 2017, 08:30:11 am »

I think I'm boring.

I mean, my personality isn't boring, I don't think. I can be quite charismatic and funny at times, and I like to think my general topics of thought are entertainingly offbeat and deranged.
But to communicate any of these thoughts and feelings to people? To put them into words? To cut those down into chunks small enough to cram through the cracks in the social anxiety barrier that walls my mind off from the outside?
By the time all that is done, I'm left sounding boring as fuck. When I bump into people I know all I usually manage to come up with is an enthusiastic "hey, how's it going?" or a "pretty good, and yourself?" and very little to actually spark a conversation of any depth.

This is probably why I'm so bad at making/keeping friends... I'm not shy, just boring. :'(
I'm always pretty grateful when people actually make the effort to draw me into a conversation, because I am sure as heck not likely to. Even lately, with my noticeably lessened anxiety, it's still hard.

...Eh, I'm getting better at least. Every day is a new opportunity for improvement, both in actions and in outlook.
And when actions and outlook aren't enough, there is always inspiration of a more recreational kind to bridge the gap - although those artificial, forced kinds of social interaction always make the usual, sober kind seem even more lacklustre than they usually do.

I need to re-capture the art of enjoying oneself whilst sober. I feel like I got pretty great at that for a while, earlier in the year. Dang.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112112 on: December 17, 2017, 05:43:20 pm »

No offense guys but I have fantasies of a weekend with no people and just quiet Hanstime and crappy cheap food. Love my wife and son but six straight hours of sleep and mindless electronic entertainment is my current 'naked supermodel serving me bacon and sex' fantasy.

Same here.  Give me a weekend with no family and no urgent work to attend to.

I think I'm boring. 

Also same.  But for different reasons.  There's very little in my life to talk with people about except work and family.  And I try to avoid the subject of family, because that inevitably leads back around to discussion of how fucked up my marriage is.  I can talk about my opinions on various things... but have very little common interest to speak of with most people where I live.  The culture in Indiana for most people can be summed up as Sports+Drinking+Reality TV.  Even music is a disconnect.  Probably 90% of the people here listen to nothing but country, rap, and pop.  Politically, this state is Trump territory.  Trying to interact with people just makes me feel like an alien.  So I end up mostly keeping to myself and losing myself more and more to work and becoming an increasingly boring person.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112113 on: December 17, 2017, 11:50:30 pm »

I have a really hard time sticking with anything I'm trying to do for any length of time.

I can never finish anything.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112114 on: December 18, 2017, 12:53:46 am »

I have a really hard time sticking with anything I'm trying to do for any length of time.

Maybe you can relate to this?
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112115 on: December 18, 2017, 01:27:58 am »

Maybe you can relate to this?

Yes, so much.

I simultaneously want to make a fully 3d view of DF, and do artwork, and make a pipe organ from esoteric materials, make a cool VR game, baking, etc...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 01:32:19 am by Japa »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112116 on: December 18, 2017, 02:10:20 am »

I've found limiting myself to be one of the hardest parts of being an adult.  You have to pick a narrow set of things, and stick to them.  It's fucking painful.  But the alternative is to try to do everything, and fail at all of it.

Knowing this, I still suck at letting go of non-essential things I want to do, and often sacrifice sleep for it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #112117 on: December 18, 2017, 10:04:23 am »

Went to the gym today. There's a cute girl I see there regularly. Today we both got to the gym at the same time, we basically walked into the door one after another.

I didn't hold the door open for her. I've been kicking myself all morning over it. Rude. She probably thinks I'm an asshole. Damn my social autism.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #112118 on: December 18, 2017, 10:26:15 am »

I really doubt she thought anything about it. Or if she did, it was a temporary disgruntlement, which is how I would react.

Sounds like you're over thinking it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112119 on: December 18, 2017, 12:06:42 pm »

@Spehss_:Dude you don't need to worry about that, she most likely didn't even notice; just remember for next time.

In other news apparently I can't stand being around happy people now.  That's...not good.  Not good at all...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 12:23:34 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112120 on: December 18, 2017, 12:35:05 pm »

It's ok TBF, you can always be sad here with us in the Sad Thread, home to eternal sadsacks everywhere.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #112121 on: December 18, 2017, 12:44:01 pm »

Eternally sad. E t e r n a l l y s a d .
sobs

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112122 on: December 18, 2017, 02:26:45 pm »

Went to the gym today. There's a cute girl I see there regularly. Today we both got to the gym at the same time, we basically walked into the door one after another.

I didn't hold the door open for her. I've been kicking myself all morning over it. Rude. She probably thinks I'm an asshole. Damn my social autism.

I wouldn't call it autism if you're aware of it without having it pointed out to you. Though I slept like three hours last night and I dunno if you're just putting yourself down.

But like TBF said, she very likely probably didn't notice at all.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112123 on: December 18, 2017, 03:10:17 pm »

Ugggh I couldn't sleep last night. Heat, discomfort and a mild-yet-prolonged asthma attack all conspired to keep me awake.
I had to get up very early this morning anyway, and even if I'd slept just fine I would have only had time for a bit under five hours... as it is I can't have gotten more than one or two, tops. Don't think I can go to work today. Wouldn't be able to get shit done, it'd waste everyone's time. Fortunately, the days that I work per week are somewhat flexible, but it just feels weird to be awake at the usual time of morning I go to work, but not going. I think I'm making the right call, but ugh.

Also my phone is in for repairs and I haven't picked up a temporary alternative yet. I should probably do that today, and call my manager ASAP. Fortunately I'm not exactly an indispensable part of the organization or anything, but for some reason I still like to do as good a job as possible, hence my not wanting to stagger in there today and shuffle around half asleep.
Another annoying thing is that I made my lunch last night before bed... I guess it'll have to sit in the fridge another day. Hopefully not too many chemicals leach out of the alfoil (we were out of cling wrap) and into my sandwiches in that time. D:   

Edit: Yeah, the lack of phone is the worst part. Otherwise, I could just call my boss, explain the situation and how useless I'm feeling, and either receive some affirmation on my chosen course of action or the okay to go in despite my exhaustion, as well as pre-emptory forgiveness for inevitably working less efficiently than usual.
I'm still fairly convinced I'm doing the right thing, though. Crap, I should probably just rush down the street and get a $15 phone.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 03:23:14 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112124 on: December 18, 2017, 09:48:30 pm »

Spending every other day with family/friends/other half of family is still only seeing everyone once a week.  And even that's completely unsustainable.  Despite overlapping my freelance work with my anxiety-reclusion...  Which doesn't always work at all.

But sometimes, when I blow family off despite specifically moving back near them, I really enjoy my new home!  Hey, maybe it's their fault for splitting up :P
Gotta get a stable job so I can better justify abjuring them...  I can do visits, except they always last all godsdamn day.  Because I don't have a "real" job, ha.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 7473 7474 [7475] 7476 7477 ... 8168