Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7467 7468 [7469] 7470 7471 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9513062 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112020 on: November 29, 2017, 08:13:09 am »

Guys bein' real sensitive about public restrooms. Assuming you're not trying to use "Literally never cleaned" public shitholes, any place with an actual glory hole, or trying to use this bathroom in particular then there's few reasons to be so squeamish.

Though when I was a teen, I understand cause I was so scared in my own school's bathroom that I avoided all movement and noise like I would be killed on the shitter if they found out I was shittin', so every necessary bm became a half-hour long struggle that frequently got me into trouble, and some concern that I had some kind of bowel problems.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #112021 on: November 29, 2017, 09:10:55 am »

Having spent a couple years cleaning public restrooms on a regular basis because of the messes people make, not just at scheduled times, I can understand being wary of using them. However, I as a janitor always did the best I could to sanitize every surface, and I know for a fact almost all my coworkers did too. (and the guys who refused to do a decent job didnt get any more chances if we could help it, because it was necessary given the level of human filth our customers frequently achieved.) I believe most people who have truly experienced the horrors that other people have wrought do.

Also, a bit of toilet paper soaked in hand soap and a bit of water can do wonders.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #112022 on: November 29, 2017, 09:44:11 am »

I can't believe I spend so much time smearing my own feces all over the bathroom only to now find out I'm like the only person who goes there anyway.

What a let down.
Love, scriver~

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112023 on: November 29, 2017, 01:22:20 pm »

when I lie down to sleep my brain's running at super speed. This time there's nothing going on, I feel tired and such, but I just cannot sleep.
and now you understand my life, thank God for prescription and non-prescription sleeping pills

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112024 on: November 29, 2017, 05:34:01 pm »

Maybe I'm just overthinking this one, but today I got to talking with one of the bigger suits at the hospital where I work, and it was after a meeting, and I guess I had gotten his attention by asking an interesting question, so now I'm talking to this guy, and it's a really nice conversation, it's not often I can have conversations this fluid and thoughtful just happen this naturally. I hit on a topic where I'm referring to the hospital's budget, and I make a speculative comment about how I think that running the hospital must be hard because it's a 'moralistic concern' (I'm pretty sure those were the words I used) where I speculated that being profitable and being optimally morally good must be a very hard balance.

and I suppose there was nothing wrong with the question or the conversation, but it was just bouncing around in my head all day, and I'm wondering if it was a really naive thing to say or not. Like, I don't know if I was just coming off as ham-handedly goody-two-shoes or as a half-assed love-and-peace hippie wannabe. I suppose it doesn't matter, but I hate to think I spoiled a perfectly good conversation and first impression with the guy by espousing some obviously saccharine crap.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112025 on: November 29, 2017, 07:37:34 pm »

If I'd had any qualms about doing my business in public commodes, long-distance driving would have put an end to those right quick. Luckily I've never had too many hangups about that sort of thing, but I can and will avoid anything too poorly maintained (and porta-potties are a last resort).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112026 on: November 29, 2017, 10:40:22 pm »

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112027 on: November 29, 2017, 11:04:59 pm »

If I'd had any qualms about doing my business in public commodes, long-distance driving would have put an end to those right quick. Luckily I've never had too many hangups about that sort of thing, but I can and will avoid anything too poorly maintained (and porta-potties are a last resort).
They are not always that bad. when I had to clean them I always made them squeaky clean every day. Cant vouch for other maintenance workers however.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #112028 on: November 30, 2017, 10:44:38 am »

Apparently this business of "not getting hungry" is getting worse. Realised that apparently my lunch was insufficient after I started shaking a while ago.  :-\

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112029 on: November 30, 2017, 11:30:41 am »

If it's simple hunger, just know that hunger comes in waves, and if you can restrain yourself then you'll return to a non-hungry state even if not consuming anything.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #112030 on: November 30, 2017, 03:30:46 pm »

If it's simple hunger, just know that hunger comes in waves, and if you can restrain yourself then you'll return to a non-hungry state even if not consuming anything.

Nonono, you misunderstand. I don't get hungry. Like, basically ever. Sometimes I wake up and I want breakfast. So I'll either straight-up forget to eat, or more likely I'll do something dumb like have a small breakfast and then a slice of toast for lunch, and not realise anything's wrong until the effects of, you know, not really having eaten a proper meal all day start hitting me.

It's not normally a major issue, but if it's going to start actually incapacitating me it will be a problem. :-/

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112031 on: November 30, 2017, 05:40:57 pm »

Spoiler: This is so real (click to show/hide)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112032 on: December 01, 2017, 07:49:45 am »

-snip-
That used to be a depression thing for me. At some point it flipped into eating out of boredom when I'm not doing well though, which isn't really any better...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #112033 on: December 01, 2017, 08:52:33 am »

Crushing depression. I feel borderline suicidal after a particularly rough discussion with my wife last night. I feel like a selfish piece of shit and like I am utterly unable to fit into the world in any useful or meaningful way.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #112034 on: December 01, 2017, 10:46:48 am »

Crushing depression. I feel borderline suicidal after a particularly rough discussion with my wife last night. I feel like a selfish piece of shit and like I am utterly unable to fit into the world in any useful or meaningful way.

The world is a big place, man. Pretty much everything has a good fit somewhere in some way. I know it's the depression saying this and not something you objectively feel. You'll get through it!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 7467 7468 [7469] 7470 7471 ... 8168