Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7456 7457 [7458] 7459 7460 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9511262 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111855 on: October 21, 2017, 05:16:40 pm »

You should absolutely tell us what the subject matter is and then you can cite BAY12 like a proper reprobate.
I'm like 90% certain that's not how it works (if only tho)  :P

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111856 on: October 21, 2017, 06:59:01 pm »

You should absolutely tell us what the subject matter is and then you can cite BAY12 like a proper reprobate.
I'm like 90% certain that's not how it works (if only tho)  :P

Just to be clear you should absolutely not actually cite BAY12 as a real reference for any college paper ever, unless we are talking about a study on terrifying desensitization.

But we could probably help you find real references :)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111857 on: October 21, 2017, 10:52:47 pm »

How legit does something have to be to be a proper citation for a paper?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #111858 on: October 22, 2017, 08:42:39 am »

I have, like, a Cambridge degree in English. I'm citeable on any topic.
Love, scriver~

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #111859 on: October 22, 2017, 06:28:46 pm »

Document the inability to find references. Document all of the places that you went to to find references but couldn't. Then, work into your essay the fact that this is highly subjective material that lacks citable sources.

The point of citations is to prove that you did the work. If there is nothing to cite, prove you did the work in other ways.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111860 on: October 23, 2017, 05:54:05 am »

Hey you know what they need is a Neural Net AI that finds citations to support whatever you happened to type in your essay.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111861 on: October 24, 2017, 11:57:24 pm »

Been doing better with the whole ex thing till yesterday. Got an alert on my phone and I wanna strangle past me for marking down the day I asked her out. Deleted it, but had me thinking about her long enough to get me down yesterday a bit and today at work since I had time to do nothing but think. And an idle mind isn't the best thing to have when you're depressed or heartbroken.

Getting close to five months now, and things ARE getting better. Songs on the radio (one specifically that instantly makes me depressed about the whole thing doesn't bug me as much, although it still slightly does for a short time), old photos I find on my phone of us, and even talking about stuff we did that really does make me think of her aren't bothering me as much. But this one alert set me back a bit. And I kinda see why.

I put it there after we had a talk about a thing regarding my future as a game dev (steam greenlight charging people to release games, to make a long story short). She outright started to talk about how she's gonna help with that... Something that wouldn't happen for another few years (still in school for coding and a few other things) but the fact she believed, at the time, we were going to be together for a while just made me feel so very loved. And I remember I marked off the day I asked her out not long after that and was gonna do something nice for/with her then. Not really an anniversary and I wasn't going to really say why I would be doing such, but just something to make her happy. As you can tell above, that isn't happening, and well... You see why it set me off into this state

I really do miss her still, but I'm coping much better now. I'm hoping by next month, I'll be able to speak to her and not have a panic attack from emotional overload... Especially since my friends and her are hoping to get a new game of D&D started soon (which means I have to take spotlight as DM again for a bit).

But for now, gonna just let the tears out after talking about it with a friend and continue to trudge through this emotional pit until I'm at a point I can climb out.

I also discovered a sudden obsession with fire emblem was me trying to mask the feelings this brought up, so suddenly I have a bunch of fire emblem games my friend loaned me and I don't want to play them  :-\
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111862 on: October 25, 2017, 09:16:06 pm »

A pizza guy went out of his way to thank me for giving him a 30% tip. Apparently this town is full of terrible tippers.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #111863 on: October 25, 2017, 09:38:24 pm »

The fuck did he do for a 30% tip :o

My mum’s cat died, having drank anti-freeze. She was a good cat :( I recall her waking me up in the midst of a hangover, head butting my hand for pets. She cared not for my churning belly, nor my inability to remain vertical, she just wanted my scratches.

*sigh*
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111864 on: October 25, 2017, 11:59:45 pm »

The fuck did he do for a 30% tip :o

It started raining really hard shortly after I ordered, and I felt bad making someone drive/walk in that.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #111865 on: October 26, 2017, 04:08:51 am »

Nothing quite gets your morning going like being threatened by masked thugs. These "protests" are a joke.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111866 on: October 26, 2017, 05:21:18 am »

What's up with that, Arx?
Love, scriver~

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #111867 on: October 26, 2017, 06:33:51 am »

People want free education. Universities are increasing fees because they froze increases last year and literally cannot afford to pay living wages to staff because of inflation.

The obvious response is to try and shut down the institution. Because that will make money appear. Yes. That's definitely within the power of the universities. Not the government or anything.

This has almost nothing to do with actually trying to achieve a political goal and a lot to do with sick, twisted people that enjoy hurting others. They know what they're doing is meaningless, but they can't intimidate and vandalise the government, and they don't want free education as much as they want to feel like edgy freedom fighters.

It's not entirely their fault they think this way. They're a generation that's been raised with apartheid struggle icons as their heroes, and now they're a generation of causeless rebels. They don't want to go through bureaucracy and red tape, they want to be "Fallist Guerrillas of Azania" (actual quote) and march in the streets against a monolithic, evil oppressor.

But there isn't one of those any more. So they try and manufacture one because they refuse to believe that a government of mostly black people can be failing them.

And it makes me sad, because this is what the country has come to. It's a waste of potential.

And it makes me afraid, because I am a white person and I in some sense cannot legitimately disagree with them. If, in spite of this, I resist their intimidation, I may be assaulted. It's happened to friends of mine.

So I cannot do anything. Hopefully this will end soon.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111868 on: October 26, 2017, 08:18:59 am »

I'm sorry to hear that, man.

"Fallist Guerrillas of Azania"

What does this mean?
Love, scriver~

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #111869 on: October 26, 2017, 09:57:59 am »

"Fallist" relates to the movement, which is #FeesMustFall. It's a spinoff of #RhodesMustFall, an anti-colonial movement that was widely agreed with and produced positive change.

"Guerillas" is meant literally. Edgy freedom fighters the big man can't keep down.

Azania is a name for southern Africa in general and South Africa in particular, associated with the Pan-Africanist Congress - one third of the tripartite alliance amalgamated under the ANC. Notably, they were much more violent than the ANC during apartheid. Most people using an African name for the country call it Mzansi, a word derived from Xhosa instead of Greek (because there's a certain WTF to naming your country an "African name" from the Greeks).

As a whole, it's basically an effort to sound like a real paramilitary organisation/militia, a la uMkhonto we Sizwe ("Spear of the Nation"), the ANC's armed wing.

Pages: 1 ... 7456 7457 [7458] 7459 7460 ... 8168