Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7454 7455 [7456] 7457 7458 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9510701 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111825 on: October 15, 2017, 08:30:40 pm »

Discord is an IM service like Skype or Steam Chat with in-built chat-rooms as well.

Most people use it for the chat rooms than for the one-on-one friend chat.

Other popular functions include sub-rooms in the chatroom, easy sharing of images on your clipboard (i.e. no need to use a hoster) and optional (and multiple) voice rooms in the chatrooms with multiple participants.

Recent addition of video chat too, but I do not know the specifics of how it's used or where it can be used. I haven't seen it used.

My only gripe with it is that it has no microphone testing in the options. Otherwise it's fairly clean UI, and easy to use. It doesn't "feel weird" like other IM services (like IRC) have to me.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 08:34:05 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111826 on: October 15, 2017, 09:32:33 pm »

My scroll wheel just went bad. Time for a new mouse...
https://www.google.com/amp/www.instructables.com/id/Making-a-mouse-wheel-not-click./%3Famp_page=true

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #111827 on: October 15, 2017, 09:40:19 pm »

There’s only one person you should be worried about regarding their opinion of you.

Well... to be fair, at that point you shouldn’t need to ask.

I just realized I’m living with some pretty significant cognitive dissonance regarding that. Hory shit.

Lol for nonsense posts.

Seriously though, who cares if we or anyone else like you? You have to live with yourself every day, be who you want to be and all that shit. Nobody else matters.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 09:42:22 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111828 on: October 15, 2017, 09:50:14 pm »

Believe me, I'd like to disassemble the mouse and have a look. But the only screwdriver of proper size I have is long missing, and the closest next is a 1 pt screwdriver that can just annoyingly barely get gain on the screw.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111829 on: October 15, 2017, 10:42:14 pm »

There’s only one person you should be worried about regarding their opinion of you.

Well... to be fair, at that point you shouldn’t need to ask.

I just realized I’m living with some pretty significant cognitive dissonance regarding that. Hory shit.

Lol for nonsense posts.

Seriously though, who cares if we or anyone else like you? You have to live with yourself every day, be who you want to be and all that shit. Nobody else matters.
People do shit to people they don't like. Harassment, libel, and such.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111830 on: October 15, 2017, 11:23:46 pm »

So I found my small screwdriver, completely disassembled the mouse, cleaned out a bunch of hair wrapped around the scroll wheel, got everything back together annnnd it still doesn't scroll and it still double clicks. Goddamn it.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #111831 on: October 15, 2017, 11:35:46 pm »

So I found my small screwdriver, completely disassembled the mouse, cleaned out a bunch of hair wrapped around the scroll wheel, got everything back together annnnd it still doesn't scroll and it still double clicks. Goddamn it.
That sounds like it may be a drivers issue to me. It, uh, may prove difficult with a poorly working mouse, but have you tried reinstalling them?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111832 on: October 15, 2017, 11:39:32 pm »

I don't think it's a driver issue, because the middle mouse gives physical feedback, or rather it used to. It just went smooth in the middle of a scroll today. It feels like it's sort of catching on whatever it functions with sometimes, and it'll scroll a little then. I didn't see how it worked when it was open.

And after a little experimentation, it kind of works when I'm pushing it to one side as I scroll. Ok then. It still doesn't scroll down at all so it's nearly useless, but that's...something.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:42:34 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #111833 on: October 16, 2017, 07:17:32 am »

My scroll wheel just went bad. Time for a new mouse...
https://www.google.com/amp/www.instructables.com/id/Making-a-mouse-wheel-not-click./%3Famp_page=true

My mouse scrolls in steps. I like it that way. It makes scrolling more precise. Why would you not want it that way?

Then again I have a switch that unlocks it for scrolling freely whenever I need to scroll give five thousand pages in one go.

[smspoiler]You guys don't dislike me, right...?[/spoiler]

Of course not.

ToadyOne.
Love, scriver~

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111834 on: October 16, 2017, 02:05:33 pm »

For the last few months (and the last few years to a lesser extent) I've been feeling very lonely. I have nobody to talk to, nobody I trust. Sad part is that you chaps are prolly as friendly a contact as I've had for a long time.

All in all, cheery-o, chums.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111835 on: October 16, 2017, 02:37:43 pm »

For the last few months (and the last few years to a lesser extent) I've been feeling very lonely. I have nobody to talk to, nobody I trust. Sad part is that you chaps are prolly as friendly a contact as I've had for a long time.

All in all, cheery-o, chums.
You aren't doing anything harsh, are you? If you wanna talk, I'm not a professional, but my PM box is always open, if you're comfortable.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111836 on: October 16, 2017, 09:02:29 pm »

I have a rather iconic hat that i have worn for the better part of a decade straight. I'm thinking of finally getting a new one, an exact replica mind you, but a new one.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111837 on: October 16, 2017, 09:50:52 pm »

I have a rather iconic hat that i have worn for the better part of a decade straight. I'm thinking of finally getting a new one, an exact replica mind you, but a new one.
Why?

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111838 on: October 16, 2017, 09:52:26 pm »

Why?
I really like the hat, like a lot. Its a hand knit wool cap so its kind of hard to get a replacement without having someone knit one for me.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111839 on: October 16, 2017, 10:04:46 pm »

Why?
I really like the hat, like a lot. Its a hand knit wool cap so its kind of hard to get a replacement without having someone knit one for me.
I was thinking, out of sentiment, work a piece of the old cap into the new one?
Pages: 1 ... 7454 7455 [7456] 7457 7458 ... 8168