Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7447 7448 [7449] 7450 7451 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9510106 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111720 on: September 30, 2017, 05:27:21 pm »

I have a voice like a rock polisher

You can do things with this.

How do you make a rock Polish? Do you just draw a little flag on it, or what? And how do you accomplish this with nothing but your voice.
No dummy, it's a rock Polish-er. He only makes it more Polish. He does it by speaking Polish to it, duh.

By this logic, can he make a rock of mixed nationality? If he speak to a Japanese rock, is it now a Japanese-Polish rock? I hope there's a color coding system on the rock so we can know percentages.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111721 on: September 30, 2017, 06:11:15 pm »

How do you make a rock Polish? Do you just draw a little flag on it, or what? And how do you accomplish this with nothing but your voice.
No dummy, it's a rock Polish-er. He only makes it more Polish. He does it by speaking Polish to it, duh.

By this logic, can he make a rock of mixed nationality? If he speak to a Japanese rock, is it now a Japanese-Polish rock? I hope there's a color coding system on the rock so we can know percentages.
The science of rock nationality is mysterious and unknown. Clearly we must kidnap Kaladin to perform experiments. It is unknown if other voices work.

It is also not determined what the reaction of the rock is to it's change of nationality, so it would be best to proceed cautiously and have someone else do the tests.

We would have to find a method of determining the rock's base nationality. Someone else somewhere must have, say, a Rock Englisher for a voice that we can test against.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #111722 on: September 30, 2017, 07:25:56 pm »

Vibrations.
××××××××××××××××××

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111723 on: September 30, 2017, 08:08:52 pm »

My marriage is falling apart and I don't know what to do.
Hi Japa. Have you said that to her?

As far as she's concerned, it's already over.
IIRC you've mentioned before that anger issues were causing strain on your marriage. Is that the cause here?

Yup.

We've sorted things out for now, though.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111724 on: September 30, 2017, 09:30:39 pm »

I lost the key to my bicycle lock. Gonna have to buy a new bike now, which I can't afford, because bicycle shops refuse to cut open and replace security locks. They'll think it's a stolen bike :(
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111725 on: September 30, 2017, 09:32:57 pm »

Why not cut the lock yourself?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111726 on: September 30, 2017, 09:36:36 pm »

A tool strong enough to cut a dutch bicycly security lock costs more than a new second hand bike (them locks are made of military grade carbon - steel)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 09:40:23 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111727 on: September 30, 2017, 09:39:27 pm »

Stake out the bike until someone tries to steal it, then stab them with a broken beer bottle and take it back?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111728 on: September 30, 2017, 09:40:32 pm »

I lost the key to my bicycle lock. Gonna have to buy a new bike now, which I can't afford, because bicycle shops refuse to cut open and replace security locks. They'll think it's a stolen bike :(
well tell them that its going to be there until its removed whenever they decide its been long enough and then they can feel stupid.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111729 on: September 30, 2017, 09:41:08 pm »

I guess it's time to learn lockpicking.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111730 on: September 30, 2017, 09:42:13 pm »

well tell them that its going to be there until its removed whenever they decide its been long enough and then they can feel stupid.
It's not chained to anything, I walked it home lifting the back wheel. It's a ring lock, not a chain.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111731 on: September 30, 2017, 09:44:31 pm »

I think a tungsten carbide blade can cut through carbon steel.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #111732 on: September 30, 2017, 09:46:08 pm »

Most bike locks honestly aren't that strong, don't have a pair of bolt cutters laying around or a hacksaw/angle grinder you can borrow?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111733 on: September 30, 2017, 09:49:00 pm »

Don't underestimate Dutch bicycle locks. We're THE bicycle country in the world. 100 years of insurance companies pushing bicycle locks to be stronger and stronger made the good ones (like my bike has) impervious to anything but industrial diamond-dressed grinding machines or hydraulic bolt cutters.
Ofcourse there's still plenty of crap locks around too, that can be cut with a cheap bolt cutter. Sadly, my bike does not have such crap lock.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 09:51:05 pm by martinuzz »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111734 on: September 30, 2017, 09:52:53 pm »

... take the bike apart, then? If a bike shop won't cut the lock, maybe they'll weld (or whatever) the bike back together instead.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 7447 7448 [7449] 7450 7451 ... 8168