Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7446 7447 [7448] 7449 7450 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9510118 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111705 on: September 28, 2017, 12:45:21 pm »

Slightly irritating thing happening.

Got a lecture in 30 minutes, no clue where though. The timetable is online and the site's down. No idea where anyone on my course lives, no contact information of anyone on my course or anything.

Only slightly irritating because, being the first week, I get a distinct feeling this would be another "Introduction to X" lecture where you learn nothing.
Almost certainly redundant by now, but if you knew the name of the lecturer you could probably email her.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111706 on: September 29, 2017, 03:29:54 pm »

Slightly irritating thing happening.

Got a lecture in 30 minutes, no clue where though. The timetable is online and the site's down. No idea where anyone on my course lives, no contact information of anyone on my course or anything.

Only slightly irritating because, being the first week, I get a distinct feeling this would be another "Introduction to X" lecture where you learn nothing.
Almost certainly redundant by now, but if you knew the name of the lecturer you could probably email her.

Give your own lecture in whatever the main gathering place is.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #111707 on: September 29, 2017, 06:20:48 pm »

The Merits of Dwarf Fortress: a Socio-political Study Into Game Related Cosmology.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #111708 on: September 29, 2017, 07:22:01 pm »

You could write a psychology paper on us. We're weird enough, I guess.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111709 on: September 29, 2017, 10:00:33 pm »

My marriage is falling apart and I don't know what to do.

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #111710 on: September 30, 2017, 03:13:27 am »

Hi Japa. Have you said that to her?
××××××××××××××××××

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #111711 on: September 30, 2017, 03:30:08 am »

I got a letter saying my income support is being stopped, so I had a 24 hour day of flight response and hid in my bathroom. I had probably four panic attacks that day too... I'll probably call and beg once I'm too exhausted to worry, it's how I normally deal with phone calls.

I'd just die, but I don't want to inconvenience anyone and I haven't exactly had a good track record with that so far. I mean, it would be two weeks before anyone would notice, and even then only because I'm required to have weekly meetings to be allowed to stay in my apartment.

I'm very lonely, but I guess I'm just too scary/creepy/weird to want to be friends with. Idk. And I don't know where to start to fix anything. I can't exactly ask anyone. :-\

And the constant crushing depression is so hard and nothing's helped and I'm seriously considering taking up drinking or hard drugs. I'm just... so tired. Worn out. Run down. I just need a break. Some kind of rest. Anything.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 03:33:16 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111712 on: September 30, 2017, 03:32:09 am »

As far as she's concerned, it's already over.

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #111713 on: September 30, 2017, 03:52:45 am »

There are ways to navigate this Japa. You're a bloody intelligent man and have cut me down a few times.
Communication with her is key and remaining calm and the right tone and slow body language.
You are married. There is a spark there.
I don't want to pry to far but you can PM me if you think it will help.
I am just an Internet stranger though and seeking personal help will be better.
We are all friends here. Let us talk
××××××××××××××××××

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111714 on: September 30, 2017, 01:37:32 pm »

IIRC you've mentioned before that anger issues were causing strain on your marriage. Is that the cause here?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #111715 on: September 30, 2017, 03:06:09 pm »

If this isn't what you want don't listen to me.  But sometimes things don't work out.  If you're OK with it, one of the options here is "go through with the divorce."  Again, if that's not what you need to hear forget I said anything.

I got a letter saying my income support is being stopped, so I had a 24 hour day of flight response and hid in my bathroom. I had probably four panic attacks that day too... I'll probably call and beg once I'm too exhausted to worry, it's how I normally deal with phone calls.

I'd just die, but I don't want to inconvenience anyone and I haven't exactly had a good track record with that so far. I mean, it would be two weeks before anyone would notice, and even then only because I'm required to have weekly meetings to be allowed to stay in my apartment.

I'm very lonely, but I guess I'm just too scary/creepy/weird to want to be friends with. Idk. And I don't know where to start to fix anything. I can't exactly ask anyone. :-\

And the constant crushing depression is so hard and nothing's helped and I'm seriously considering taking up drinking or hard drugs. I'm just... so tired. Worn out. Run down. I just need a break. Some kind of rest. Anything.
You aren't an inconvenience.  You're a lovely person and you are as valuable as everyone else.

There's a lot of people on the internet you can ask about things.  And people in RL might listen, if you phrase it right.  What I've learned about people in meatspace is that they resent it if you drop all your problems on them at once.  The best way is to focus on a specific problem and present it as "this is what's going on in my life" instead of "oh god everything is awful", even if that's how you feel.  But you have to invest some time into a friendship before you get on sharing terms, so... probably not a solution in the short term.

I don't know what to say about the income support.  I've never been there but it sounds awful.  All I'll say is that you aren't nearly the only person in that situation, and there are plenty of ways to get there that don't particularly involve messing up.

You fix your life one step at a time, every little thing that you improve makes everything else better.  That being said, the core problem here isn't you or your habits, its the depression and/or anxiety.  You can be as determined as you want and make all the good decisions in the world and that won't vanish*.  I'm also going to give you the obligatory "see a doctor, get antidepressants" advice that you're probably tired of hearing.  They worked for me, and a good family doctor/general practitioner should be able to prescribe them during an ordinary checkup without you needing to see an expensive psychiatrist.  It can take a while (and thus a good chunk of change) to find an antidepressant that works and wait for it to kick in, but trust me when I say that being unmedicated costs you more money than being medicated.  I'm working less than full time and I still would have burned out on my current job 6 months ago if I wasn't medicated.

*side note: sometimes depression does actually just vanish.  For some people it comes and goes every few months, some people it comes once and goes once and never comes back.  But it sounds like you might have one of the long term kinds?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #111716 on: September 30, 2017, 04:04:05 pm »

Oh, I've been on various antidepressants and sleeping aids for years. The problem is I build up tolerances really fast so I've never actually had an antidepressant work and the longest a sleeping pill has worked was a month before it was doing nothing anymore. I can't even get painkillers to work? Going to the dentist or a hospital always hurts a lot, even though they usually use a couple needles worth of freezing at least.

And with friends... I don't often share my problems tbh. But I've been told I'm scary and intimidating by people I was close to, even though I work hard trying to not be, and I haven't actually had someone continue interacting with me for a whole year? Usually they just... stop responding and disappear. Or they turn out to be garbage. I've had a lot of people pretend to want to be friends with me so they could try to have sex with me/steal something from me.

I have a voice like a rock polisher, probably due to throat problems, and I guess it scares people... That and a subtly inhuman way of moving and speaking means I usually terrify kids who hear me speak? Kids  don't try to hide it, at least.

I've been trying to get better, but nothing seems to help at all. And I've been depressed for twenty years at this point and idk what to do about it. Most of the doctors I've gone to don't even know where to start because I have so many overlapping mental illnesses.

But thank you for trying.

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #111717 on: September 30, 2017, 04:54:30 pm »

(removed)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 08:06:02 pm by Toady One »
××××××××××××××××××

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #111718 on: September 30, 2017, 04:56:22 pm »

I have a voice like a rock polisher

You can do things with this.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111719 on: September 30, 2017, 05:12:33 pm »

I have a voice like a rock polisher

You can do things with this.

How do you make a rock Polish? Do you just draw a little flag on it, or what? And how do you accomplish this with nothing but your voice.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 7446 7447 [7448] 7449 7450 ... 8168