Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7441 7442 [7443] 7444 7445 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9509746 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111630 on: September 21, 2017, 04:47:43 pm »

Whether it's "bad" or not is a matter of personal opinion. All it really means is that you're partaking in the good-ol American tradition of wishing death on your political opponents.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111631 on: September 21, 2017, 05:03:24 pm »

Truean, you won't like what the "No" campaign on gay marriage had in their adverts (in Australia). Basically they had one with a mother saying "my little johnny was forced to wear a dress at school and if they legalize gay marriage it'll be mandatory just like overseas. They're coming for your kids next"

Really appallingly falacious bullshit.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 05:05:43 pm by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #111632 on: September 21, 2017, 10:45:41 pm »

I don't think the correlation between gay marriage and forced school cosplay should be ignored.
Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111633 on: September 21, 2017, 11:09:04 pm »

"My kids never wanted to dress up as Naruto before the issue of Gay Marriage started being discussed. Oppose Gay Marriage Now."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #111634 on: September 21, 2017, 11:17:03 pm »

wtf is wrong with naruto why is he controversial enough for ridiculous "the gays are inhuman!" talk
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #111635 on: September 22, 2017, 02:15:34 am »

Trump: the president too transphobic for the military.

Shit's pretty bad and unpredictable to boot.  No shame in doing what you have to in order to stay safe.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111636 on: September 22, 2017, 02:52:13 am »

wtf is wrong with naruto why is he controversial enough for ridiculous "the gays are inhuman!" talk

He's a guy in an orange jump-suit with yellow spiky hair who's catchphrase is "believe it!". And have you seen what people look like when they're cosplaying Naruto even at the best of times. The idea of a whole generation cosplaying that is indeed scary shit.

But the point of it was that scriver mentioned cosplay, so i was joking by taking that literally, and using a widely disliked but popular show as an example.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 02:56:44 am by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111637 on: September 22, 2017, 06:17:28 am »

I want to point out that I was being sarcastic in the first place too, in case it wasn't obvious.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111638 on: September 22, 2017, 08:31:41 am »

I like Naruto...

I mean it's 200+ episodes long and the sorta sequel thing has 500 episodes, and there's a sequel to that too.

It's odd that something can be widely disliked and popular too. Hatewatching is a thing, but even then...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111639 on: September 22, 2017, 08:42:30 am »

I watched a bunch of Naruto when it was on the tele many years back. It felt like months of episodes in a row where every episode was a single match in a fighting tournament.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111640 on: September 22, 2017, 08:48:02 am »

Aye the end (maybe even the entire second half) of the second season does that, and I think the middle of the third season too. Haven't watched much beyond the fourth though, so it could very well happen again later...

It is aimed at younger males though, so that's understandable, and it is the most sensible way for viewers to get to know characters in a show about ninjas and their various abilities and dreams.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111641 on: September 22, 2017, 05:24:28 pm »

It's odd that something can be widely disliked and popular too. Hatewatching is a thing, but even then...

It's not odd at all. Let me give you an example. "Trump".

This is humans we're talking about. Being deeply polarized by stuff is what we do.

Another example: "Justin Bieber".

It's the same deal. Trump isn't worse than Richard Spencer, but more people are outraged by Trump, because he has so many followers compared to Richard Spencer. The same with Bieber. If Bieber wasn't so popular then none of the detractors would care what a dick he is. It's because he's both popular and his music is below-average, that other people react angrily with "wtf is up with that". So a merely sub-average show will get hate if it's seen as disproportionately popular. It's the same deal as you being more offended by the existence of a bad reality show if everyone else is watching the damn thing.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 05:30:36 pm by Reelya »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #111642 on: September 22, 2017, 09:59:43 pm »

Dear god logistics is fucking stressful.

Just spent the last two hours in a panic, because my customer booked a courier carrying commercial merchandise into Midway Airport (this type of transport referred to as a "hand carry").  We've never had one of these situations come through this airport before, so I call customs just to make sure everything is ok with them.  Turns out they are utterly unequipped to process the import of goods.  Zero access to the systems necessary.

This courier is already on board the flight.  My customer didn't inform me they were doing this until shortly before it took off.  Irreversible.  They're emergency transporting parts to an automotive production line to prevent it from shutting down, and the monetary damages if a delay does shut down the line can get into the hundreds of thousands of dollars per hour.  People lose their shit like you wouldn't believe when this happens, and finding fault with everyone else's courses of action is the first thing everyone tries to do.  Even when you deserve zero blame, you have to spend tons of time and energy defending yourself and proving it 100%.  It's not pleasant.        (one hand carry got escalated so drastically one time, the CEO of a major airline got involved)

My single shining ray of hope is I'm passed straight to a Supervisor, and he seems stern but understanding.  I ask if it's possible for the officers at O'Hare to review the entry and release it for them.  He says he'll discuss this with O'Hare.  Many customs officers would just say no and get pissed off if you pursue the subject any further.

After 2 hours of agonizing wait, they finally call me back and agree to allow it as a one-time exception.  Now that I've spent the core of my Friday night a nervous wreck.

I've had like 80 fucking hand carries in the past 3 months.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:03:44 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #111643 on: September 25, 2017, 09:10:07 am »

My bike has been stolen. I cannot afford another. This also eliminates my employment prospects, due to now total lack of reliable transport.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111644 on: September 25, 2017, 09:46:30 am »

Solution: steal a bike?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 7441 7442 [7443] 7444 7445 ... 8168