Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7424 7425 [7426] 7427 7428 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9501041 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111375 on: August 12, 2017, 01:56:21 am »

I saw a post once that summed up horses perfectly - "they see the whole world as Silent Hill, which is a problem since their vision is awful".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111376 on: August 12, 2017, 07:05:36 am »

The past... while has been somewhat unpleasant, but today I seemed to become more aware of it somehow.
Also additional things have been piled on to stress about, I suppose. I don't know, I couldn't really tell you which particular stressor is worrying me the most; everything is just a mush of unhappiness right now - not a yawning chasm of despair, nothing so severe as that, I'm just having a hard time finding stuff to be happy about at the moment.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111377 on: August 12, 2017, 01:35:29 pm »

I don't think a judge is gonna buy "I swear, it was my arm that sexually abused her, I didn't do it"
I... I think he would if you had, like, a doctors note saying "yeah fuck that arm."
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111378 on: August 12, 2017, 10:22:32 pm »

Been out of Antidepressants for 2-3 days now...

Been hitting me rather hard. Almost spontaneously cried a few times today...

But I am still unsure if I even want to refill them... I am just so frustrated...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #111379 on: August 12, 2017, 10:29:48 pm »

I get the feeling you probably know this, but just in case:

Abruptly stopping anti-depressants is not a good idea, unless being on them is untenable.

Get a refill, and an appointment to speak to your doctor.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111380 on: August 12, 2017, 10:52:59 pm »

Abruptly stopping anti-depressants is not a good idea, unless being on them is untenable.

Get a refill, and an appointment to speak to your doctor.

This. The side-effects can be really dangerous both physically and mentally.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #111381 on: August 13, 2017, 02:08:49 am »

I don't think a judge is gonna buy "I swear, it was my arm that sexually abused her, I didn't do it"
I... I think he would if you had, like, a doctors note saying "yeah fuck that arm."

"I've heard of doctor prescribed sexual relations, but this is ridiculous!"
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111382 on: August 13, 2017, 02:18:20 am »

I'm just imagining a magistrate being about to order the alien hand man's arrest, but then he says "ah ah ah" and holds up a piece of paper that says "yeah fuck that arm - doctor" in sharpie while the alien arm flails wildly knocking over legal documents and trying to undo the bailiff's bra.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111383 on: August 13, 2017, 05:50:37 am »

Why do I get really dizzy when I don't take my antidepressants?

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111384 on: August 13, 2017, 05:54:35 am »

Why do I get really dizzy when I don't take my antidepressants?
You can't just not take your antidepressants, you have to slowly wean yourself off of them or else you'll wreak havoc to your body chemistry. I know this from family members who've been on them for years.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111385 on: August 13, 2017, 06:00:02 am »

Yes, never stop using anti-depressants without medical advise and supervision. It's a hard addiction (or as I've heard some doctors put it 'most of that stuff is heavier than heroin'). You can mess yourself up pretty badly by abruptly stopping. Go get the refill, then talk to your doctor about stopping / using less.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111386 on: August 13, 2017, 06:22:45 am »

I only stopped taking it because I am just pissed... >_<

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111387 on: August 13, 2017, 07:29:09 am »

I have a crappy paying job and don't have the degrees people want to get anything better.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111388 on: August 13, 2017, 11:05:16 am »

I went to the next town over to get a 1 pound BLT sandwich. That is, it had one pound of bacon and normal amount of lettuce and tomato. It was a pretty good sandwich, but it was excessively tough and chewy. I started choking on a piece when I got tired of chewing on it and just tried force swallowing it, just for it to get stuck in my throat. I spent probably 15-20 seconds hurking on the damn thing, and when it didn't come out immediately I started thinking "Shit is this the stupid way I'm going to die?", and I got really scared for a second, especially since I had just finished thinking on the drive over to the restaurant just how careful and conscientious I am, cause apparently those are admirable traits I should silently admire myself over like any stupid and petty narcissist, and here I was in a situation caused by my lack of caution.

I mean, yeah, I forced it out, but it would have sucked to go out in such a stupid and hypocritical way. I don't even know why I'm posting about it here, I wasn't even that inconvenienced by it other than the embarrassment of spitting out a big hunk of food, I kept right on eating afterwards like nothing happened.

I just hate being reminded about death, and how when I die I'm probably going to die in a stupid and unexpected way. I need to get to sleep and I just need to post to get it off my mind so I CAN sleep; otherwise I'll just be clutched in an introspective fear of death. I feel that I have a fear of death that is pathological in nature, caused by my feeling that my life has been largely unimportant and unsuccessful, and the fear of death is amplified if you've had an unfulfilling life; the implication being that I wouldn't be nearly as afraid if I were more fulfilled in life. I feel that that's a total bullshit estimation though.

This is such a petty story, I'm sorry for bringing it up, just every small thing gets under my skin like this.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:06:54 am by JoshuaFH »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111389 on: August 13, 2017, 08:23:40 pm »

i feel useless and unworthy of people
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 7424 7425 [7426] 7427 7428 ... 8168