Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7423 7424 [7425] 7426 7427 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500716 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111360 on: August 07, 2017, 08:46:30 pm »

Mondays are reviled because they is the beginning of the work week. Fridays compensate for the horribleness of Mondays because they bring an end to the work week. If, however, you work all seven days in a week, you don't get a Friday to compensate for your Monday.

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111361 on: August 08, 2017, 01:38:07 pm »

You lose a Monday too, though, so that's a plus.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111362 on: August 08, 2017, 01:55:12 pm »

Does that mean that in the event of an apocalypse you break even? You lose both Monday and Friday, after all.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #111363 on: August 08, 2017, 05:12:15 pm »

As a salaried worker who at least checks in on work every day of the week, I can confirm that it's sort of a plus without any sarcasm.  I don't miss Mondays being all about cleaning up whatever the fuck happened over the weekend.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111364 on: August 08, 2017, 11:18:56 pm »

I don't know why beyond 'I was sleeping on it weird' but I woke up this morning and couldn't feel my arm, and that was fucking terrifying. It came back to sense a few moments later.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #111365 on: August 08, 2017, 11:26:57 pm »

I don't know why beyond 'I was sleeping on it weird' but I woke up this morning and couldn't feel my arm, and that was fucking terrifying. It came back to sense a few moments later.

This usually comes from laying on your arm in a position that cuts off the circulation. If it's for long enough you wont even be able to really move it until it sorta comes back online with intense pins and needles.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111366 on: August 08, 2017, 11:50:08 pm »

There's something energizing about being in my hometown, which I was just visiting.  Last visit I thought it was the heat, oddly.  And it might be, as backward as that seems.  But maybe it's that fierce, vicious, cunning desperation that bore me through those years...  Helped me succeed...  And drove me crazy/soppy.

I won't actually save much money going back...  Unless I promise continuing favors to family members who owe me so much already.  But... That's sorta what I want.  I needed to live a simple, meaningless existence for a while, and I did.  I only feel confident and fulfilled when I'm helping these dumbasses, so that's how it must be.

I *could* leave.  But I could never leave, heh.  It's enough that I could.
I need to feel that desperate energy again.  And with newfound maturity, point it in better directions.

My dad and I sang the Modern Major General song together and it was like the giddiest part of drunkeness, but better.  He gets on my nerves SO MUCH and that only made it feel better.

Maybe I'm never really happy unless I'm secretly hating on someone I care about, heh.  I can live with that.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #111367 on: August 11, 2017, 07:23:29 pm »

Apocalypse now, were all gonna die
Dunno why the fuck i should get out of bed and go to work if it might not be there by the end of the month along with my bank, and me.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111368 on: August 11, 2017, 07:27:37 pm »

Well, considering that the apocalypse has been "now" for something like 10,000 years and counting...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #111369 on: August 11, 2017, 09:33:32 pm »

I remember doing that and being horrified because my "dead" limb actually grabbed onto my face. I couldn't sleep for a week.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111370 on: August 11, 2017, 10:21:17 pm »

Be glad you don't have alien hand syndrome, where your limb does have a will of its own, and in almost all cases that will is that of an unconstrained id (grabbing things and pocketing them, trying to make you eat, sexually groping people).
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111371 on: August 12, 2017, 12:45:01 am »

I don't think a judge is gonna buy "I swear, it was my arm that sexually abused her, I didn't do it"
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #111372 on: August 12, 2017, 01:03:57 am »

I have a friend a who slept on the floor, had a dream where they were in first person from the perspective of a monster walking towards themselves.  Then when the monster reached them, they woke up... with sleep paralysis.  And at the time they didn't know that was a thing.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111373 on: August 12, 2017, 01:29:23 am »

I don't think a judge is gonna buy "I swear, it was my arm that sexually abused her, I didn't do it"
No, but it'd probably go a bit better when you bring in the neurosurgeon to say "scans revealed significant damage to the corpus callosum, as well as associated abnormalities in the left primary motor cortex suggesting interference with conscious control of the arm".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #111374 on: August 12, 2017, 01:39:17 am »

Oh yeah. Apparently horses just dont have that connecting the two halves of their brain. Why we have to train them to do the same thing twice from different sides. Frankly knowing that im surprised the fuckers have the coordination to even walk a straight line.

You can literally rub an object against their right flank with no problem but repeat that on their left flank and they lose it. Like plastic bags. Who knew a grocery bag could be more terrifying than a porcupine? Horses do. Stick their face in one and flee in terror from the other.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 7423 7424 [7425] 7426 7427 ... 8168