Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7418 7419 [7420] 7421 7422 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499832 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111285 on: July 30, 2017, 07:49:59 pm »

Wayback machine to the rescue!!

Get it while its hot!

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111286 on: July 30, 2017, 07:52:00 pm »

Wayback machine to the rescue!!

AHH THANK YOU!

I was actually in the process of going through archives to see if I could find it, with no avail!  Thanks a ton, and saved.  Let me just make some backups and then setup new hosting!
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111287 on: July 30, 2017, 08:14:57 pm »

HUZZAH!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111288 on: July 30, 2017, 11:26:49 pm »

God I've been here ages.

That actually does make me mildly sad, actually. Remembering all the faces from back then that aren't here anymore.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #111289 on: July 30, 2017, 11:49:41 pm »

A lot of folks have taken their leave over the years.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111290 on: July 30, 2017, 11:53:40 pm »

I know, right? And eventually I'll leave, which will be the big one since I'm the dreaming godhead and without me this entire forum and all of you will dissolve back into the abyss.

Horrifying.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #111291 on: July 30, 2017, 11:59:21 pm »

I know, right? And eventually I'll leave, which will be the big one since I'm the dreaming godhead and without me this entire forum and all of you will dissolve back into the abyss.

Horrifying.

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111292 on: July 31, 2017, 12:06:56 am »

Hey, if you really wanted to have true independent existence than you should have gotten your own Twelve-Times Encircled Fiery Eye Of God and set up some ontology.

Damn imaginary slackers. Nobody ever helped me become godhead, why should you all get a free ride?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111293 on: July 31, 2017, 12:16:04 am »

Horrifying.

Technically Munroe said "decades" but hey, 10 year anniversary-ish.  (Ed: Of the comic)
https://xkcd.com/286/
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111294 on: July 31, 2017, 12:27:23 am »

Horrifying.

Didn't know that MetalSlimeHunt was the secret pseudonym of grisha5.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111295 on: July 31, 2017, 12:54:03 am »

He only thinks he is imagining me. Having had several near death experiences (no, really), I am quite certain that I exist independently of him-- Besides, even if it WAS true, it isn't like he can purposefully forget my existence. (I am just that acerbic that anyone exposed to me for long will never forget) I will be a permanent fixture in his mind even AFTER he wakes up, should his silly solipsist notion actually pan out to be true (which I can assure him, it is not.) Either way, I have my based covered.

1) He really is imagining my existence, and I am so annoying that he will remember me FOREVER. (muahahahahah)
2) He only THINKS he is imagining my existence, and I am a permanent ripple on the fabric of reality-- all futures spawned form this causality branch will bear the mark of my existence, and that mark is eternal.

MUAHAHAHA.

(Besides, I studied ontology, magic, and a number of other esoteric things! Ever heard or chaos magic? It works by imprinting a thought/command/instruction onto the underlying chaos upon which reality is based. Assuming MSH's statement is true, then he is being influenced by magical practitioners, and suffers from serious mental issues as a result.)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111296 on: July 31, 2017, 01:16:42 am »

But MSH can't exist without me, because of timeclone shenanigans.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #111297 on: July 31, 2017, 01:22:22 am »

Whatever.  Unimagine me out of existence and lose a good chunk of the aquatic ecosystem!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111298 on: July 31, 2017, 03:41:50 am »

My rage and hate are a permanent scar in the fabric of reality, even if he doesn't want me to exist, he can't stop me.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111299 on: July 31, 2017, 06:13:56 am »

Past Sunday, Russian authorities annouonced a ban on the use of vpn secure internet connections.
At the same time, Apple decided to remove all vpn-apps that can circumvent the Great Chinese Firewall from the Chinese app-store, to help China restrict vpn use.

Freedom of information dealt another blow. Not surprising, still sad.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 7418 7419 [7420] 7421 7422 ... 8168