Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7417 7418 [7419] 7420 7421 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499634 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111270 on: July 30, 2017, 02:00:16 pm »

May 25, 2011... Wow, that makes me old hat. Used to spend a lot of time here; now it's anything but.

Well except for the occasional lurk.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111271 on: July 30, 2017, 02:18:13 pm »

My depression has been hitting me hard this week >_<

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111272 on: July 30, 2017, 03:01:57 pm »

July 20th, 2010.  Was never very active, though.

Also

My depression has been hitting me hard this week >_<

I'm kinda in the same boat, I guess.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111273 on: July 30, 2017, 03:42:20 pm »

If you count when I was lurking, I've been here since 2007. Registered in late 2011 though.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111274 on: July 30, 2017, 04:39:03 pm »

I've lurked since around this time 2012, but didn't sign up for another year. Ancient by the standards of other forums, but my account here is one of the youngest of GD's regulars.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #111275 on: July 30, 2017, 05:15:43 pm »

September 17th, 2012. Don't really call myself a regular though. As for a sad... It's more just generalized anxiety about the future and a feeling of perceived paralysis when it comes to taking action. I'm not as disciplined or brave as I need to be. Insecurity doesn't manifest as often as it use to but when it does it sucks.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111276 on: July 30, 2017, 05:31:37 pm »

I am 25 years old if that helps. :p
What the hell. Hans is only a year older than I!?
That feels weird as hell. You're always bustin' out all sorts of mad wisdom shit.
In related news, I am quite perturbed by the approach of my quarter-century milestone myself. And thinking of how long I've been a member here simply makes it worse... what have I been doing in all that time? At least my life seems to have improved considerably overall, albeit with plenty of low points in there.
Still, it's somewhat concerning that I still turn to this far-flung community of internet strangers so often, be it for support, advice, to vent and rant, or simply to communicate with someone when my lack of meatspace social skills are getting me down. :-/

@GO: my dad went bald at a ridiculously young age, and often I am terrified that I may have inherited any of that.
My locks still seem to be mostly intact, though, despite the amount of hair I shed. I think the one small bald patch I have may have actually been caused by that time, years ago, when I became paranoid that the glimpse of skin at the part of my hair was in fact the beginning of baldness, and went to town on it with a black permanent marker.
Probably wasn't too good for the scalp, that.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111277 on: July 30, 2017, 05:35:19 pm »

...I've been here since June 28th, 2012. What.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #111278 on: July 30, 2017, 06:37:58 pm »

I've lurked since around this time 2012, but didn't sign up for another year. Ancient by the standards of other forums, but my account here is one of the youngest of GD's regulars.
About the same here. Lurked from late 2012 and signed up late 2013. I think I only migrated to GD and FGRP around mid-2014, though.

Part of me misses those days gone by when Bay12 was basically the only place on the internet I was active, but another part of me dies a little every time I think about how I acted back then. Gods, it was horrifying.

* Tawa recalls the terrors of the redtext renaissance
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111279 on: July 30, 2017, 07:03:25 pm »

My avatar got killed by photobucket and I don't have it saved anywhere.... :(

It's been my avatar for years now!

Does anyone know a way to recover it?  Maybe some archive somewhere?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 07:06:09 pm by Puzzlemaker »
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111280 on: July 30, 2017, 07:09:17 pm »

Photobucket broke a huge chunk of the internet when they got greedy with 3rd party linking.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111281 on: July 30, 2017, 07:17:14 pm »

Photobucket broke a huge chunk of the internet when they got greedy with 3rd party linking.

I can't even get to my pictures, the accounts so old.  Also, even if I did log in, would I be able to access the pictures?  When I view the album on their site it still isn't visible...

Bah.  If anybody has a copy of my avatar for any reason, or if they can still see it, please save a copy and upload it somewhere.  I don't know where the original file is, and I don't want to lose it.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #111282 on: July 30, 2017, 07:23:23 pm »

Is this you, and is the image on the page your avatar?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111283 on: July 30, 2017, 07:26:08 pm »

Nope, that's one of the default avatars.  I was the one with the puzzle with the P on it.  I made it... more then 10 years ago and it has some nostalgic value to me.

Damn this is annoying.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111284 on: July 30, 2017, 07:47:03 pm »

Nope, that's one of the default avatars.  I was the one with the puzzle with the P on it.  I made it... more then 10 years ago and it has some nostalgic value to me.

Damn this is annoying.

Yeah, who the hell made the decision that people need to pay 400 dollars to do third party hosting?

Anyways, a sad is that I've decided to delete the photobucket account, it's unfortunate that they took the path they did.
Pages: 1 ... 7417 7418 [7419] 7420 7421 ... 8168