Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7416 7417 [7418] 7419 7420 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499657 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111255 on: July 29, 2017, 01:14:11 pm »

Letter arrived from housing. Rent doubled. No reason given. That's cool, I didn't want to have savings or get ahead in life at all, I'm cool riding public transport to a minimum-wage grindfest so I can barely make rent each month for the rest of my life, I didn't want a family or higher education or a nicer apartment anyway. And this is still the most feasible living situation in the area. Could you suck my blood a little harder? I think you missed a few pennies on my dresser, shitlords.

I was having a mood yesterday where I didn't know why I even bothered getting out of bed, why do I do anything, everything is meaningless, etc. I was just starting to get out of that mindset and now I'm right back in it.
Isn't there laws protecting rental residents from that? House-owners over here aren't allowed to do that. (rental price inflation used to be directly limited by national inflation. Neo-liberal government scrapped that a few years ago, but house owners are still bound to a maximum percentage increase per year. Think they can't raise rent by more than 2.5% per year.

In the USA?  Don't think so.  Free market.  Landlords charge whatever they can get people to pay.  In my area, rent's gone up around $200 in the last year.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111256 on: July 29, 2017, 01:30:02 pm »

Pretty sure it varies, actually. State, sometimes county/city/etc. level. One of those things you ask a local lawyer about, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #111257 on: July 29, 2017, 11:46:40 pm »

If anything I feel like you old guards are getting more involved in the community while more recent members (well, "recent") are going through the same phase you guys went through.
Did you call Hanslanda an old guard? That means you're old guard too. Y'all registered almost on the same day.

Does that make me old guard too?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #111258 on: July 30, 2017, 02:02:35 am »

What the fuck, really? I feel like Hans had been heavily involved in the community by the time I showed up. I still feel like I'm a newcomer since barely anyone knows me.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111259 on: July 30, 2017, 02:10:48 am »

I must be very old guard then... registered 2008.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111260 on: July 30, 2017, 04:47:11 am »

* martinuzz mumbles something about yongsters thinking they're old before they're grey nowadays
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111261 on: July 30, 2017, 08:11:38 am »

What the fuck, really? I feel like Hans had been heavily involved in the community by the time I showed up. I still feel like I'm a newcomer since barely anyone knows me.

I have always been here and yet not. I exist in a quantum state of membership. :p also I got called old guard and now I'm all warm and fuzzy inside.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111262 on: July 30, 2017, 11:53:43 am »

If it's any consolation, I remember you being here pretty much since I remember myself being here.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #111263 on: July 30, 2017, 11:56:04 am »

Wait a minute. Wait a damn minute. Hanslanda registered in May, I registered in February of that year. I registered before Hanslanda. I'M OLDER THAN HANS.

I might need to move to the wtf thread, I'm about to lose my mind.

* martinuzz mumbles something about yongsters thinking they're old before they're grey nowadays
Well you know, as you get older the relative difference in age diminishes.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111264 on: July 30, 2017, 11:58:54 am »

Just looked at mine and it says march 2012 so I'm slightly older than one of you and younger than the other. Never realized how long I have been around.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 12:01:41 pm by redwallzyl »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111265 on: July 30, 2017, 12:02:02 pm »

I must be very old guard then... registered 2008.

Registered in 2009, so, same here probably. I did have various periods of hiatus from the forum though.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111266 on: July 30, 2017, 12:03:53 pm »

I registered in 2010, have grey hair, and have the second-longest logged time. Am I a Methuselah now?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111267 on: July 30, 2017, 12:27:46 pm »

newbies amirite?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111268 on: July 30, 2017, 12:52:59 pm »

Wait a minute. Wait a damn minute. Hanslanda registered in May, I registered in February of that year. I registered before Hanslanda. I'M OLDER THAN HANS.

I might need to move to the wtf thread, I'm about to lose my mind.

Well you know, as you get older the relative difference in age diminishes.

I am 25 years old if that helps. :p
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #111269 on: July 30, 2017, 01:45:56 pm »

Registered Oct 6, 2010.
34 Years Old

But I haven't been around nearly so much over the last 4 years.  I do have over 11,000 posts, which seems like a good amount.  I'm still at more than 4 posts per day, even though it's probably been more like 4 a week for the last couple years.  Shows how active I used to be here.  I basically hung out here all day at my old job.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 01:47:34 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 7416 7417 [7418] 7419 7420 ... 8168