Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7415 7416 [7417] 7418 7419 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499302 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111240 on: July 28, 2017, 05:08:24 pm »

Decided to mow the yard for my dad.

Now the wasps are out in force and we're out of spray.

If the barricades fall and I never post again, tell Toady "hello".

And now a mud dauber is building a nest right next to the front door.

They are coming.

You must construct additional pylons.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #111241 on: July 28, 2017, 05:10:48 pm »

Made me sad. If anyone can help me find this doggo a home, that'd be great. Parents want to call the pound.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111242 on: July 28, 2017, 05:11:48 pm »

I made a break for it past the dauber nest and ducked the flying wasps, then got to the local garden supply store and bought some wasp killer.

Time to engage in some good-ol' chemical warfare.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111243 on: July 28, 2017, 05:14:55 pm »

Get some.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111244 on: July 28, 2017, 07:27:11 pm »

The Dauber by the door took Oin. We cannot get out.

Please update if you survive.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #111245 on: July 28, 2017, 08:37:45 pm »

Drums. Drums in the deep.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111246 on: July 28, 2017, 08:47:50 pm »

Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111247 on: July 28, 2017, 08:58:33 pm »

I return, stinking of citrus but victorious.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #111248 on: July 28, 2017, 10:55:11 pm »

Hail the conquering hero.

Buzzing. Buzzing in the deep.
Fool of a Took!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111249 on: July 29, 2017, 12:29:05 am »

You know, I've realized that I don't think I've ever seen a positive romantic relationship in reality. Fiction, oh yeah, that makes it easy. But literally every couple I've ever known was a fucking wreck either openly or behind the scenes.

People say I'm the weirdo for not getting involved in this stuff, but I gotta say, I feel like a serious bullet-dodger these days. Is it even possible for two people to be reasonable when they're beyond friendship?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #111250 on: July 29, 2017, 12:41:29 am »

Well, I've heard only good things about my maternal grandparent's relationship. But they were together for something along the lines of 50 years or so, so if they did have problems they had plenty of time to work it out. I also have a number of friends of my family who themselves have a family, and while I don't know any of them too well they all seem pretty together. And my mother's relationship with her second fiance I only have heard positive things about, but given that he died rather tragically a few decades ago that might just be the rose-colored glasses.

I mean even my asshole uncle seems to be relatively happily married, although the wife has a very firm rule that there is no contact with his brother/my father (which I can vouch for being a completely reasonable rule). Again, its always possible these things are much worse behind the scenes, but it seems rather strange that with all the relationships that go on in the world and have throughout history, that none of them are or have been reasonable.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #111251 on: July 29, 2017, 01:40:49 am »

Letter arrived from housing. Rent doubled. No reason given. That's cool, I didn't want to have savings or get ahead in life at all, I'm cool riding public transport to a minimum-wage grindfest so I can barely make rent each month for the rest of my life, I didn't want a family or higher education or a nicer apartment anyway. And this is still the most feasible living situation in the area. Could you suck my blood a little harder? I think you missed a few pennies on my dresser, shitlords.

I was having a mood yesterday where I didn't know why I even bothered getting out of bed, why do I do anything, everything is meaningless, etc. I was just starting to get out of that mindset and now I'm right back in it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111252 on: July 29, 2017, 01:46:45 am »

You know, I've realized that I don't think I've ever seen a positive romantic relationship in reality. Fiction, oh yeah, that makes it easy. But literally every couple I've ever known was a fucking wreck either openly or behind the scenes.

People say I'm the weirdo for not getting involved in this stuff, but I gotta say, I feel like a serious bullet-dodger these days. Is it even possible for two people to be reasonable when they're beyond friendship?
Barring a couple of whom, for whatever reason, have decided not to talk to me, I've never had an issue romantically with someone, even when it didn't work out. Often, we stay friends.

I'd *like* to say it's because I choose to date people I'd be friends with otherwise, and who I trust to be decent people, but tbh the majority have been "hey you're cute oh now i'm at your house and we're naked okay I guess this is a thing now" events that just... Continued. So there's not a lot of preliminary winnowing. I guess it helps that I tend to find cute people who aren't assholes? I dunno, I just trust my gut within a couple minutes, maybe hours, of starting to talk to someone.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #111253 on: July 29, 2017, 01:48:29 am »

I like to think I'm in a positive romantic relationship. Five years and counting now.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111254 on: July 29, 2017, 04:13:33 am »

Letter arrived from housing. Rent doubled. No reason given. That's cool, I didn't want to have savings or get ahead in life at all, I'm cool riding public transport to a minimum-wage grindfest so I can barely make rent each month for the rest of my life, I didn't want a family or higher education or a nicer apartment anyway. And this is still the most feasible living situation in the area. Could you suck my blood a little harder? I think you missed a few pennies on my dresser, shitlords.

I was having a mood yesterday where I didn't know why I even bothered getting out of bed, why do I do anything, everything is meaningless, etc. I was just starting to get out of that mindset and now I'm right back in it.
Isn't there laws protecting rental residents from that? House-owners over here aren't allowed to do that. (rental price inflation used to be directly limited by national inflation. Neo-liberal government scrapped that a few years ago, but house owners are still bound to a maximum percentage increase per year. Think they can't raise rent by more than 2.5% per year.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 04:15:46 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 7415 7416 [7417] 7418 7419 ... 8168