Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7414 7415 [7416] 7417 7418 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499154 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111225 on: July 26, 2017, 06:43:22 am »

Excuse me for being whiny, I just sometime feel like a piece of shit...
Don't worry about it man, I think everyone feels that way sometimes.
At least, I know I do. Hope things get better on your end sometime soon. Hang in there.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #111226 on: July 26, 2017, 09:45:39 am »

Oh boy, managed to royally piss off my mom with a single remark that none of my friends would have thought any more than "oh snap" to. Long story short, she was, for sort of understandable reasons, snarking at me about my undoubtably very busy day*. Ok, fair enough, a bit of sarcasm i don't mind. She just keeps doing it, and it started to annoy me. She then said, in what i (and my brother) perceived to be a rather sarcastic tone, "yeah you sure have a busy day". I retort by saying "it's busier than yours". She's retired, and as such, obviously has a lot of free time. Everything i've heard from her implies that she's actually enjoying it, and she's also noticably more mellow since retiring because of not being stressed all the time. But, alas, my remark apparently rolled a natural 20 and lit a volcano inside her, out of fucking nowhere. She claimed that she just wanted to help, and that may have been so (hence why i also feel bad for apparently insulting her horribly), but she KNOWS i'm socially handicapped and bad at picking up on implied intentions, and should bloody well also know that people aren't just going to stand there and eat all the sarcasm in the world without slinging some of it back. What's the saying, don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house? She's a wonderful parent, but goddamn does she ever live in a glass house; one pebble in the wrong spot from me and it all goes boom. Small fucking wonder i've grown up to be afraid of speaking my mind. >.>

* I get up at noon every day, eat breakfast, bathroom for 45 minutes, game a bit and then go outside for about an hour, and after that point it is (today) around 16 o'clock; these days, i'm also helping dad (who gets home at 17) put a new roof on his shed, which takes 2-4 hours out of every applicable day. My brother then surprises me at 16 by saying "WE BAKE CRISPBREAD(?)", which annoys me because it comes out of nowhere and forces me to change course for something that generally doesn't benefit me all that much. Also worth noting is that my bad sleeping habits are making me awfully irritable.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111227 on: July 26, 2017, 10:51:30 am »

Depends. Do they have fast internet in there?

Excuse me for being whiny, I just sometime feel like a piece of shit... I'll remove my whiny post about asylum...
No worries dude, you're not bothering me, at all. I just threw a little absurdism your way in the hopes of making you smile a little.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111228 on: July 26, 2017, 03:46:57 pm »

I've never heard of either a debt card, or a debit card.
We call the thing the bank gives us to draw money from the ATM a 'pin pass (or just a bank pass)'. And yes, ofcourse people have those here. That's completely unrelated to a credit card.

I'm always slightly sad when supermarket employees are too bad at French to get my joke when they ask 'cash or pin', and I say 'cash, je ne pin pas'
I meant "he" as in wierd, who seems to think not carrying cash = only a credit card = debt. As opposed to not carrying cash = debit card = not debt.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #111229 on: July 26, 2017, 10:13:24 pm »

Genuine men's catch-22 problem that pisses me off more and more as time goes on, and I never see anybody talk about.

If you don't dedicate yourself to work, you're a deadbeat dad who doesn't have the moral fiber or strength of character to make sure his family is provided for.  Prove yourself.  Get those promotions.  No matter how crushing life feels, you must pick yourself up and grind through every day with a steady demeanor.  One emotional breakdown or neglected professional responsibility can set you on a quick path to fucking over your entire family.  Suck it up.  You have work in front of you that has to get done, period.

Also, if you dedicate yourself to work, you're neglectful to your family's emotional needs, wasting precious time with your kids that you'll never get back, and setting a bad example so they won't grow up to understand what's important.  And if you can't allow yourself to express your emotions, you're teaching your children to be a part of the current mental health crisis among men that's caused suicide to be their leading cause of death, presumably because they refuse to express themselves in order to cope, or even teaching toxic masculinity.

In other words, my family's getting really fed up with how much I've had to work over the last couple years, and how emotionally distant I've become in the process.  But at the same time, I get complaints about money every day, and I don't know how else to make sure we're getting by.  And I constantly see social commentary in media or online discussions about this stuff that always points to men having fucked up priorities or emotional deficiencies... and it pisses me off, because everyone seems to expect both ways, yet no one sees how those expectations conflict and create the negative stereotypes they pin on men.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 10:15:12 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111230 on: July 27, 2017, 03:20:45 pm »

Pakistani police arrested 25 members of a village council for sentencing the young teenage sister of a rapist  to be raped by the brother of the rape victim, as retributional punishment.

Sad. Back in 2002, a similar case came before the court in Pakistan, and 6 village council members (from the same region) were even sentenced to death for it. You'd have hoped that would put an end to the village council speed justice mispractices, but nope.
As Pakistani women's rights activist Mukthiar Mai writes on her blogpost 'we are still in 2002'.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111231 on: July 27, 2017, 03:33:13 pm »

It's pretty messed up.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111232 on: July 27, 2017, 05:06:49 pm »

Pakistani police arrested 25 members of a village council for sentencing the young teenage sister of a rapist  to be raped by the brother of the rape victim, as retributional punishment.

Sad. Back in 2002, a similar case came before the court in Pakistan, and 6 village council members (from the same region) were even sentenced to death for it. You'd have hoped that would put an end to the village council speed justice mispractices, but nope.
As Pakistani women's rights activist Mukthiar Mai writes on her blogpost 'we are still in 2002'.
At least those council members were arrested...right? It's something?

Probably cold comfort to the other victims involved.

I've read stories about members of similar councils get away with blatant murder and other horrific abuses of power, not even getting a slap on the wrist.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #111233 on: July 27, 2017, 09:49:33 pm »

I don't know what to do about work. On the one hand, I absolutely hate my job, the workload is driving me mad, I don't need the money and should probably focus more on getting back into college.

On the other hand, it would leave my coworkers with one less worker and in an even shittier position with even more grueling workloads to bear.

On the other other hand I've learned from this job I'm a fuckup klutz and they can probably get by without me.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #111234 on: July 27, 2017, 10:37:26 pm »

If you want to leave, do so. Your career is quite literally your business.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #111235 on: July 27, 2017, 11:36:19 pm »

There does come a point where it's hard not to care about the impact that your contribution has on your co-worker's lives.  I'm pretty sure if I suddenly left my job right now, I would make life hell for everyone there for at least half a year, and possibly tank the place completely.  I would be doing this to people I've spent the majority of my waking time with for 4 years.  Not saying I would never do it if they crossed some critical boundary with me or I came into some other great opportunity.  But it's definitely the first inhibition that prevents me from treating the decision as something I could do frivolously.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #111236 on: July 28, 2017, 05:14:28 am »

Dude you've made so many posts for years about how miserable work makes you.  Look out for number one sometimes, you deserve it.

(Not necessarily saying you should quit your current job, you know that situation and I do not)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #111237 on: July 28, 2017, 09:43:27 am »

I don't know what to do about work. On the one hand, I absolutely hate my job, the workload is driving me mad, I don't need the money and should probably focus more on getting back into college.

On the other hand, it would leave my coworkers with one less worker and in an even shittier position with even more grueling workloads to bear.

On the other other hand I've learned from this job I'm a fuckup klutz and they can probably get by without me.

Honestly, it's not your job to worry about them. If you would be better off leaving, leave. Either they'll find someone to replace you and things will end up about the same for them or they'll decide the misery isn't worth it and leave to find new jobs themselves.

Take care of yourself and let them take care of themselves.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111238 on: July 28, 2017, 11:59:21 am »

Decided to mow the yard for my dad.

Now the wasps are out in force and we're out of spray.

If the barricades fall and I never post again, tell Toady "hello".

And now a mud dauber is building a nest right next to the front door.

They are coming.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 12:13:20 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #111239 on: July 28, 2017, 12:26:08 pm »

Damn, they have some good air forces.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7414 7415 [7416] 7417 7418 ... 8168