Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7408 7409 [7410] 7411 7412 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9497770 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111135 on: July 13, 2017, 02:03:56 am »

I wonder if anyone with money to spare for expensive lawyers is going to sue photobucket for extortion
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #111136 on: July 13, 2017, 02:15:00 am »

For the record the new avatar is unintentionally comical and can act as a protest of sorts
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111137 on: July 13, 2017, 05:42:54 am »

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #111138 on: July 13, 2017, 06:46:43 am »

Well, photobucket are one of many image hosting websites. It's not difficult to find another free one. Pain in the bum if you have a large number of pictures, but better than spending the money they wanna charge for the service.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #111139 on: July 13, 2017, 02:04:32 pm »

I always remembered Photobucket being a slow, cumbersome pain in the ass. Good riddance, if I'm honest. Imgur may be full of cancer but it makes uploading quick and convenient, and there's probably even better ones than Imgur out there.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111140 on: July 13, 2017, 02:28:42 pm »

Nope. I will punish photobucket by keeping their delightful "larger file size than my original image" surrogate, and letting as many people download it into their browser caches as is possible, because that will cost them more money than if they had just left it alone to begin with.  When they finally shutter their doors after this latest round of idiocy, THEN I will re-upload my local copy of the avatar to a new hosting service, and carry on with my life.

Until then, I will passively-aggressively KEEP their new avatar, just to spite them.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #111141 on: July 13, 2017, 02:57:01 pm »

Nope. I will punish photobucket by keeping their delightful "larger file size than my original image" surrogate, and letting as many people download it into their browser caches as is possible, because that will cost them more money than if they had just left it alone to begin with.  When they finally shutter their doors after this latest round of idiocy, THEN I will re-upload my local copy of the avatar to a new hosting service, and carry on with my life.

Until then, I will passively-aggressively KEEP their new avatar, just to spite them.

Secretly, photobucket actually hosts those images on postimage in order to offload costs.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111142 on: July 14, 2017, 08:02:43 pm »

"Okay, this is getting ridiculous.  I have to take them out *sometime*, sooner the better.  This is perfect - it's 8:30, hot and muggy.  Everyone's busy with dinner or TV, windows closed, AC blasting.  Nobody's going to see me."

neighbor and her little kid pull in as I carry about 60 empties in big ol' COORS LIGHT crates.  Clank clank!
Roll to dodge gaze attack...  Shit, a 19 hits.  Stare at ground to avoid any more.

I'm sure it's fine, just, fuuuuck.  Ah well.  At least I finally got it done.
maybe I picked them up while walking, she doesn't know, well actually I literally did do that a couple times.  Didn't take them inside but w/e
maybe I threw a party hahahaha

I was fiercely straightedge until like 24, how the hell did I get a drinking problem, okay stupid question.

Whatever...  If moping about bad decisions and wasted opportunities fixed problems, I wouldn't have any left.  Having shame is a good sign, means I've got some self-respect again.  Just got to finish cleaning my home to make that official, then I'm set to move forward.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #111143 on: July 14, 2017, 09:53:01 pm »

Little confused here. Do you mean to say that the comments were claiming that the video made no arguments to support the position, or that they were insisting that no argument against the position were possible?

Personally, I'd find the former more saddening (it is one thing to reject arguments summarily because they are rooted in a fundamental disconnect, but something else entirely to insist that the argument does not exist), but the latter more likely (as such videos generally create an echo chamber in the comments).
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111144 on: July 14, 2017, 10:09:40 pm »

Are you some sort of masochist, greatorder? Why subject yourself to that kind of thing?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111145 on: July 14, 2017, 10:15:21 pm »

To my VERY FLAWED knowledge... Most Pro-Choice people are highly against partial birth abortion.

Which I am also FLAT out against since at that point you really are just taking advantage of a legal definition and it would probably be easier to just kill the baby after birth.

"IF YOU SUPPORT ABORTION YOU'RE A MURDERER!"

To an extent I have a LOT of sympathy towards Pro-Life (not to... well... a lot of its members... but the belief itself) in that it must be horrible to live in a society that advocates something that is so abhorrent to you.

However, I am noooot sure this is the best way to advocate for Pro-Life. In fact this is so odd I will do the unthinkable and look two posts back to see the actual situation:

What pissed me off was that everyone in the comments were so sure that there were no arguments

WEEEEEEELL honestly there kind of isn't in most cases. IMO Pro-Life and Pro-Choice have diametric opposite beliefs that cannot be resolved, nor do I feel like either side is based on ignorance (at least at heart).

It actually kind of makes me question why this even needs any real discussion between the groups if you ask me. Since, to be honest, it feels sort of binary.

While I thought this person was having a protest at a abortion clinic for a moment... YouTube comments? Yep checks out for the level of "intelligence" I was expecting out of this "YOUR A MURDERER FOR NOT SHARING OUR VIEW!"
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 10:17:09 pm by Neonivek »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111146 on: July 14, 2017, 10:32:29 pm »

Are you some sort of masochist, greatorder? Why subject yourself to that kind of thing?
Got onto a Reddit thread. Someone apparently lost their child near immediately after it was born, and got the video on an FB feed, which made them go ballistic, and I'm nothing if not curious and easily riled.

YIKES!!! WHOA!!!

That is achingly sad... and WHAT THE HECK REDDIT!?! This isn't the time for this.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111147 on: July 14, 2017, 10:36:06 pm »

I mean, it's admirable to seek out other opinions.  Even/especially in a place with no filters.

But Youtube comments have a mob-mentality factor from the like function, among other factors.  A good place to find people you disagree with being really, really stupid.  Not such a good place to have your ideas properly tested.
I do indulge in Youtube arguments occasionally, just saying it's empty calories :P

But... yeah, it also strange and sad to me that even a group of people think like that, and circle-like each other.  I wonder if there exists a Youtube comment that would actually change minds, in such a situation.
She/they

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #111148 on: July 14, 2017, 10:55:07 pm »

WEEEEEEELL honestly there kind of isn't in most cases. IMO Pro-Life and Pro-Choice have diametric opposite beliefs that cannot be resolved, nor do I feel like either side is based on ignorance (at least at heart).

This is what I was trying to get at with my comment on rejecting arguments "rooted in a fundamental disconnect". That said, there is a lot of baggage around the edge that could be discussed and adjusted, if the fundamental disconnect hadn't long ago hardened into said baggage.

That said, it isn't often that you answer a question before you ask it, in the same post.

To an extent I have a LOT of sympathy towards Pro-Life (not to... well... a lot of its members... but the belief itself) in that it must be horrible to live in a society that advocates something that is so abhorrent to you.

It actually kind of makes me question why this even needs any real discussion between the groups if you ask me. Since, to be honest, it feels sort of binary.

There needs to be a real discussion because one side feels that the other is advocating something absolutely abhorrent - although in this case the lines have hardened to the point where both sides feel that way, and a huge amount of tacked-on baggage has been added.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #111149 on: July 15, 2017, 08:45:38 am »

I just broke up with my bf and now i feel like complete and utter shit tbh
Pages: 1 ... 7408 7409 [7410] 7411 7412 ... 8168