Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7407 7408 [7409] 7410 7411 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9496323 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111120 on: July 05, 2017, 02:34:53 pm »

That sucks dude.  I hope you can get away from her eventually.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111121 on: July 08, 2017, 10:21:44 am »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Our national public broadcasting service for TV and radio, the NPO, has been re-broadcasting their services on the internet for years now, for free.
Or at least, you could watch most stuff for at least 3 days, and most often a week or more after it showed on TV. Mind you, not in HD. You had to get paid subscription for HD quality.

Now, most of my favourite series are hidden behind a paywall the moment the tv broadcast is over, even the non-HD version. The only thing that remains free to watch are dutch series (granted, some of which are good) and TV-shows (bleh) paid for with tax money. Which is kinda double, really. The rights to the foreign series broadcasted on the national TV are paid for with tax money as well.
For me, having no TV, that means I from now on depend on low quality live streams of their programming, and on actually being able to watch at the required time.

So now they want me to pay for watching series like Witse (Belgian), Falco (French), or one of the many UK series, like Morse, Midsummer Murders, or the Scandinavian crimis / thrillers. That really hurts. I might be able to afford the 3 euros per month, then again I'm already battling to make ends meet.
I'm outraged. Taking away the small pleasures for the poor, it is. Now if it were a commercial broadcasting service doing this, okay. But for a public broadcasting service to ask a fee just to watch their programming a day late? That's so not of this time backwards. We don't live in the age of sitting down with the family to watch TV anymore. We live in the age of internets dangit.

Sad. Gimme back my TV.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #111122 on: July 08, 2017, 01:08:58 pm »

Better than the U.K. TV license, was a coupla hundred quid per year last time I was there, though at that point you could watch re-broadcasts for free on t'internet, which you now can't do.

TV license enforcement folk are also dickheads, but ah well.

Uh... to be fair, you'd probably be better getting Netflix or something.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111123 on: July 08, 2017, 08:14:51 pm »

I may have an inguinal Hernia. That's not great news, but I guess it explains the abdominal pain.

The outpatient doctor I saw was cold, uncaring and a little unprofessional about it maybe.

She did not explain what a hernia exam meant for a male, which I suppose includes lots of touching and squeezing of the genitals, then sticking a finger up the inguinal canal. I guess that would be where your testes drop originally.... Point is, she could've and should've said what she does going to do before she did it.... You know, informed consent... before she just did that to my privates. I had no idea, I came in for abdominal pain.... Did not expect that....

Damn it Doc I respect the hell out of you and what you know but really? I'm scared, because I hurt and I don't know why. People thought it was appendicitis but I didn't. I just didn't know what it was. I need you to use just a touch of kindness and some bedside manner.

It didn't hurt before she touched it, but now it kinda does. I'm hoping that goes away once we get that out of the way.
Thankfully I have insurance for now, but it's still 20 80.  I'll take it I suppose

I am a little worried about the surgery. There goes 2 weeks recovering.... That's assuming no complications or work issues.
Need that surgical outpatient paperwork referral... hum

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111124 on: July 10, 2017, 09:13:38 am »

In defense of our national public broadcast service, apparently not being able to watch the series isn't new policy, but it was a technical issue because they switched to the new system. They even mailed me a link to watch the missed episode.
Foreign series will still be available in non-HD as they always were.

What did make me sad though is that said episode turned out to be the very last episode of the long running Belgian crime series 'Witse'.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111125 on: July 11, 2017, 08:26:18 pm »

This trip came at a very bad time for me, financially and otherwise.
Having to leech off of family is extremely upsetting and damaging to my self-esteem, but I feel like simply not doing the things I want/need to do and lack money for would have a far worse effect on my mental health and happiness in the long term.

I am honestly looking forward to being home, in the position to at least try and improve my life as a whole somewhat... I should probably start a course of study, or something. I just hope I don't fall into the same old cycle of sitting around, doing nothing and feeling sorry for myself.
In the meantime, though, I shall continue trying to enjoy this trip as much as possible.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #111126 on: July 12, 2017, 12:45:05 am »

I'm 17 years old, and I'm a complete loser. I can't clean plates, I can't cook food, I can't hand-write in English, and I even can't tie shoelaces! I'm a lazy, anti-social, emotionally unstable, prone to rage, whiny, aggressive, fat, mentally ill, subhuman trash! All I do sit near the computer 12 hours a day and 3 minutes of studying English and German language. My mother doesn't understand my pain at all, my father is a brain-dead asshole who likes to drink alcohol whenever something bad happens to him. Please don't reply to me, you won't understand me and my problems. NOBODY WILL UNDERSTAND ME!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #111127 on: July 12, 2017, 03:00:29 am »

oh my god no, my back hurts, I was fine, the pain went away but now it's shooting up and down my back and legs and I can barely walk or turn again, I was careful not to sit or stand or lay down too long, oh my god why what is wrong with me
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111128 on: July 12, 2017, 03:06:08 am »

as long as it's just pain, and your legs aren't tingling or going numb, it's most likely just the average non-specific lower back pain I was struck with last week. Pain is almost gone, I only feel it in the morning now.
My doctor told me to take paracetamol combined with ibuprofen to keep down the pain, and keep moving, that way it will heal faster. Do not include twisting back motions in the movement though. Stretching is fine, turning sideways isn't.

However, if you do have tingling / numbness in your legs besides just pain, go visit a doctor.

Do note that lower back pain, even if it goes away, is often a message from your back, to you, saying 'train me more (or 'get a better gaming chair' or 'get a new matrass'). Can advise taking up swimming or rowing.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 03:09:53 am by martinuzz »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111129 on: July 12, 2017, 10:11:31 am »

I've been dieting and exercising very hard lately. I suppose I've made some progress, in that I'm noticeable thinner and lighter, but it sure feels like I haven't made any progress. Though by that, I mean I'm still struggling with all the same old shit, constantly questioning if my feelings are betraying me, if I'm going in the right direction, if I'm a failure and a loser, who I am and where I want to go in life, even a stupid question like "What do I even like doing?" seem so thorny, so heavy, so laden with traps and shrouded in darkness that I confuse myself just thinking about it; I think about it constantly, but I can't come up with anything that seems like an 'acceptable' answer.

Just... being a lonely bastard just makes everything so much harder. When I'm angry, I'm furious. When I'm sad, I'm hopeless. When I'm hungry, I'm famished. When I'm bored, I'm crushed. My head is an echo chamber, and each thought makes an echo and resonates with the previous one, and they just get stronger and stronger until something forces me out of it.

"Just go find a group or some social activity then you stupid fuck ain't it obvious?" I suppose it's simple enough, but I can't for the life of me find anything that I'm remotely interested in or seems like a place I'd fit in at all. And every place I do go it's the same story, played over and over ad infinitum; maybe I just have a sad face and it puts people off, maybe people have a preternatural sense for my cloying need for social contact and it scares them away, maybe it's simply my inferiority complex acting up so I'm never being aggressive enough in trying to connect with the 'superior' human beings around me, maybe I'm actually an autistic that can't pick up social cues to save my fucking life, but whatever it is, it makes everything turn out the same, no matter the time, place, or situation. Four years or so ago now, when I got dumped by the last girl I dated over text message, I got angry and kicked my garbage can and sent trash flying everywhere, while thinking "This is it, this is the end (of my social chances)." and on more days than not, that felt like a true prophecy on my part.

I thought exercise was supposed to fill me with endorphins or whatever? I'm going to keep working my ass off, maybe I just haven't hit a threshold that I need to hit, but I've been working and sweating up a storm. I was thinking of getting internet and re-wiring myself, but just the thought feels like an admission of weakness on my part, that I just want to go back to the days where I substituted the various idle comforts found on the internet for legitimate, face-to-face social contact, which is why I unwired myself in the first place, to force myself and transform myself into the extrovert that I feel will make me happier. This is just another dilemma that I'm always asking myself, where if my strategy has any legitimacy whatsoever and I simply need to redouble my efforts again, or if I'm just being stupid and childish and just acquiesce to the increasingly digital world with it's also-increasing levels of indifference and apathy toward everyone and everything...

I suppose I can atleast thank this online community for letting me vent when I need to, every now and again.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #111130 on: July 12, 2017, 08:00:12 pm »

Photobucket has gone nuts....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111131 on: July 12, 2017, 08:03:55 pm »

Photobucket has gone nuts....
have you looked at your avatar lately? :P

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #111132 on: July 12, 2017, 08:13:39 pm »

Yup..... (sigh)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 08:16:14 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111133 on: July 12, 2017, 08:31:17 pm »

I don't like being around people very much. A few of them, fine. If it's just a little while, fine. If I know them pretty well, also fine.

My grandparents are visiting, and after four days I want them to go home. My stress levels just keep rising.

Too bad they're staying until the weekend. Even worse, on Saturday we're hosting this ridiculous party. Freaking everyone is going to be showing up. My greatest urge is to spend the entire day holed up in my room, waiting for all of them to leave.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111134 on: July 12, 2017, 09:31:49 pm »

Yup..... (sigh)
Here: http://imgur.com/3b0tSf2.jpg

I think that's what it was, right? I can't see the photo on photobuckets site (of course not.) so I had to google it.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 7407 7408 [7409] 7410 7411 ... 8168