Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7400 7401 [7402] 7403 7404 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9495935 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111015 on: June 11, 2017, 10:44:58 am »

Taking the time...? She punched him once then grapple-pushed him. Two motions. It probably took three seconds. I sincerely doubt she had time to think, "then I'll hang him on that hook..."

Go re-read the chain of events again. It's way less excessive than you are thinking.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #111016 on: June 11, 2017, 12:03:57 pm »

Punch in face? No. Push? Sure.

A punch is physical violence. A shove is getting him away.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #111017 on: June 11, 2017, 12:12:56 pm »

What's the difference between a punch and a shove? You can kill someone with both. How is a shove not physical violence?

Jeez guys. Bizarro derails ftw.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #111018 on: June 11, 2017, 12:24:09 pm »

Edit: Actually, no. I shouldn't comment on the actions of someone else's sister.

Suffice it to say that I abhor unnecessary violence.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 12:33:31 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #111019 on: June 11, 2017, 12:38:25 pm »

You know third-hand one side of the story here. You have no idea whether the violence there was unnecessary.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #111020 on: June 11, 2017, 12:39:52 pm »

or the other way around
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111021 on: June 11, 2017, 02:22:21 pm »

or the other way around

Hard to disprove a negative.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #111022 on: June 11, 2017, 09:13:09 pm »

On a note thoroughly unrelated, I'm yet again at war with my mother over... everything. The woman has absolutely no conception of boundaries. She thinks that everything she does is for the common good, and so doesn't blink twice at serious violations of others privacy, or even taking my sister's monthly social security check away from her "for her own good". It only occured to me today, as my mother seemed to act as if she was providing for the family, that my mother is literally living off of my sister's money. When I ask her about it, she repeats "The money is for living expenses." I say "Sure, but why do you have the right to decide what her living expenses are? She's legally an adult. If she wants to waste it, that's irresponsible, but completely within her right to do, and NOT within your right to decide." Then, out of nowhere, she accused me of stealing from my sister when I used the money for "living"; I got so frustrated I called my sister over and asked her for the money retroactively, which she agreed to (because she doesn't like my mother's nonsense either). My mother merely glared at me, and started ranting with a new line of argument.

The point isn't the money (although as my mother endlessly attempts to harangue and threaten me into doing what she wants, it may be in the future). It's that she does this endlessly, and believes with absolute certainty that the single best way to make her children more independent is to force them. Not by cutting them off (what would she cut us off from? She doesn't work, and it's my sister that provides the food. She could kick us out, but then she wouldn't eat) but by endlessly lecturing us until we do. She's more concerned about her right to lecture us and dictate our lives (which is dubious at best) than about whether it's smart to do so (which it clearly isn't, but why would that stop her?).

Anyway, I'm sad now because she's going to do that thing where she holds a terrible grudge for several days after an argument.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #111023 on: June 11, 2017, 09:15:49 pm »

or even taking my sister's monthly social security check away from her "for her own good".

This is a Federal crime, unless your sister has been declared incompetent with your mother as guardian.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #111024 on: June 11, 2017, 10:10:21 pm »

My sister has not been declared incompetent. She is still in high school, but she is of legal age and has been for almost a year now.

The thing is that we, in our family, act in a very communal matter, but then my mother tries to do that and give orders and set rules as if certain things belonged to her exclusively. Which, you know, she has a legal right to do, except then she is unsympathetic when other people do that. Frankly, it is probably wise for my mother to have the money, but if my mother is going to say "My house, my rules", it stands to reason that my sister can say "My money, my rules" and then dictate to my mother what she can and can't eat, when she should and shouldn't sleep, and any other rule my mother sets for her or me. She doesn't want to do that, and I don't think it's a good idea either, but if my mother is going to insist on her right to make us do what she wants, my sister has her own right to the same. It wouldn't be a problem if my mother cared less about what she had a right to do than what she should do, but...

But thank you Shonus, knowing that will be very helpful. I will definitely bear that in mind.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111025 on: June 12, 2017, 01:10:43 pm »

In Pakistan, the first person ever was senteced to death today for 'blasphemy over social media', signaling a step up in the Pakistani government's offensive against free speech on the internet.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #111026 on: June 12, 2017, 07:19:31 pm »

"Windows has detected a hard disk problem"

Well, I can back everything up I think. Good news being hard drives are supposed to fail slowly? If nothing else, things still seem to be working pretty well so far.

Still, fairly odd overall. Considering new computer if this is a major issue. Hate Windows 10, want windows 7 on a new machine, but understand time is entropy....

The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111027 on: June 12, 2017, 07:58:24 pm »

It's possible, tho difficult, to whip and constrain and break Windows 10 to the point where it behaves at least tolerably properly.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #111028 on: June 12, 2017, 11:03:03 pm »

I actually haven't experienced any major problems with Windows 10. Yet.

It'll probably catch me off guard when it does, making me buy a whole new laptop for their problem. Yay.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111029 on: June 12, 2017, 11:58:44 pm »

Nor have I, but I upgraded from Win8.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 7400 7401 [7402] 7403 7404 ... 8168