Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7397 7398 [7399] 7400 7401 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9496155 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110970 on: June 03, 2017, 12:32:25 pm »

Is one of them an allergic reaction to hospitals?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #110971 on: June 03, 2017, 01:47:39 pm »

Lol in a sense, yes.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #110972 on: June 03, 2017, 03:58:52 pm »

I had to pull my brother away from his day off with his family because mom threw both of my work shirts in the laundry and they won't be done in time to catch the bus. I am so sick and tired and fucking angry of not being able to drive that I am about ready to kick out my window and throw my entire body on the broken glass on the pavement. And nobody cares. If I had any more promises to teach me to drive, I could build a fucking house out of them. But hey, I guess it's cool with everybody else if I live and die in this shitty podunk piece of nowhere, what am I so mad about? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #110973 on: June 03, 2017, 04:10:07 pm »

It sounds like you need to put your foot down and hold them to those promises. Er, but hopefully you haven't already tried that and found them obstinate.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #110974 on: June 03, 2017, 04:54:37 pm »

God how I wish I could go out in public without getting anxious and nervous and twitchy. Makes even the smallest errand a mountain out of a molehill. And I'm pretty sure any people I interact with can see I'm a nervous mess in a state of "flight or flight" and that puts a damper on basic social interaction. And then I'm berating myself for how terrible the trip out in public went for the next day, at least, nagging at myself for what I did wrong or what I could do better but I never improve on.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110975 on: June 03, 2017, 06:45:47 pm »

Do you sleep?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #110976 on: June 03, 2017, 06:54:02 pm »

Do you sleep?
Yes. I don't think it's because of lack of sleep.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110977 on: June 03, 2017, 07:00:41 pm »

Regularly, though?
I never thought lack of sleep was a factor in my anxiety, but regular 8-hour sleeps helped me a lot.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #110978 on: June 03, 2017, 07:41:51 pm »

Yeah, I try to get around 8 hours of sleep a night. Sometimes I get less because I may have a hard time falling asleep, but usually I'll take a nap the next day.

People just make me nervous.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #110979 on: June 03, 2017, 07:43:57 pm »

God how I wish I could go out in public without getting anxious and nervous and twitchy. Makes even the smallest errand a mountain out of a molehill. And I'm pretty sure any people I interact with can see I'm a nervous mess in a state of "flight or flight" and that puts a damper on basic social interaction. And then I'm berating myself for how terrible the trip out in public went for the next day, at least, nagging at myself for what I did wrong or what I could do better but I never improve on.
One thing to note: The symptoms of anxiety are hardly visible to an outside observer, unless you're shaking like an earthquake and flooding the room with sweat, condemning every nearby observer to an untimely death in the depths of your salty perspiration. Even if you do, here's another thing: People may register it, but they generally don't mind it. In fact, if they do register it, they might be wondering if there's a way to make you feel a bit more comfortable, and/or if it's something that they're doing which is making you feel anxious. In any case, one of the more important things is to try and not beat yourself up over what is an uncontrollable physiological response to a perceived threat.

I say "try" because i know very well that pretty much everything about anxiety is MUCH easier said than done, but it's worth a shot, right? I KNOW it's all too easy to get caught up in thoughts like "why do i feel like this about such a fucking harmless situation augh", with the answer being that it's tangentially related to something that was dangerous in some way that you might have experienced or learned. That's how our alarm center works, better safe than sorry. Works well on the African savannah, less so in modern life. So far, what i've gathered from my various therapists is that a good way to handle anxiety is to recognize it and its symptoms, acknowledge it for what it is (read: a harmless but possibly highly unpleasant sensation), and make yourself comfortable while it lasts. A thing i've heard more than once is that you ultimately have to learn to not be afraid of being afraid, if that makes sense.

Also, final note: It takes serious fucking courage to keep going in spite of the fear you're feeling. Ho-lee shit. I've social anxiety/phobia myself, but it's more narrow in scope, and to think that you're feeling that kind of fear by just going out in public and you keep going blows my fucking mind. Courage isn't fearlessness, it's persistence in the face of fear. I wish my metaphorical balls were that big. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #110980 on: June 03, 2017, 08:31:33 pm »

When I was working on my paper, I had this big sense of all these fun things I was going to do, as soon as I was done. Now I'm done, and I can't even seem to remember what those things were. And the things I remember, I have no interest in doing. It's not the first time...

Also, my conversations with my friend were sort of... what's the word? Weird and vaguely unfriendly in the last few days. And today, when I didn't message them first, I didn't hear anything at all. You know, when I was a kid, when I felt underappreciated sometimes, I'd be really quiet, or only give yes/no answers to questions. What I found was no one ever noticed when I stopped talking, and I gave up out of frustration. I decided after a while that I just wasn't really contributing anything interesting.

One thing to note: The symptoms of anxiety are hardly visible to an outside observer, unless you're shaking like an earthquake and flooding the room with sweat, condemning every nearby observer to an untimely death in the depths of your salty perspiration. Even if you do, here's another thing: People may register it, but they generally don't mind it. In fact, if they do register it, they might be wondering if there's a way to make you feel a bit more comfortable, and/or if it's something that they're doing which is making you feel anxious. In any case, one of the more important things is to try and not beat yourself up over what is an uncontrollable physiological response to a perceived threat.
It IS worth noting, though, that people do react to perceived extreme emotion, and the reaction is universally negative. People really don't care most of the time, but extreme emotional reactions draw an extreme response, and a bad one, at that.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #110981 on: June 04, 2017, 10:43:17 am »

Climate projections are as grim as ever, and I can still do basically bupkis about it. My carbon footprint is small and my water footprint is practically non-existent, but that doesn't really mean anything overall. Welp.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #110982 on: June 04, 2017, 12:16:11 pm »

Farting less is always an option.

Also if there's water in your foot print you might be leaking, check your sole and ankles for holes.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110983 on: June 04, 2017, 01:03:38 pm »

I was all committed to staying up late and spending time with friends before I go away for two weeks.
Said friends wound up going to bed at around half past twelve (so half an hour past my self-imposed bedtime), and instead of then going to sleep myself I for some reason decided to stay up playing videogames. It is now 4 AM. I am going to probably spend the rest of the time until my flight tomorrow morning wretchedly tired, and for no reason. :-X   

Still have to make a long bus journey back home to pack my shit and show the friend who's lined up to housesit around the place. Damnit, self.
Booze is Life for Yoink

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #110984 on: June 04, 2017, 01:21:04 pm »

Farting less is always an option.

Also if there's water in your foot print you might be leaking, check your sole and ankles for holes.
And your underwear
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 7397 7398 [7399] 7400 7401 ... 8168