Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7395 7396 [7397] 7398 7399 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9496371 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110940 on: May 30, 2017, 12:17:36 pm »

Paranoia about having Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. This pain is definitely getting worse, but I don't want to miss work.

I should go see a doctor later, if any walk-ins are open.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110941 on: May 30, 2017, 06:12:54 pm »

Addictive, illegal, or unhealthy.
fair enough, I wasn't really being serious in the first place anyway <3
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110942 on: May 30, 2017, 06:18:33 pm »

I know you're most likely being sarcastic, but that's kind of a dumb comment descan. In a certain context anyway.
What's dumb about it? It's pretty solid advice for a lot of issues.
Given that the person was complaining about needing "to stop thinking," I would advise just a stiff drink to calm the nerves, that's probably all that's needed.

My Sad: I can't tell if my hearing is worse than usual or not. I think there is wax buildup confounding the issue... I'd been meaning to get that drained for a while, but now the whole hearing thing is really freaking me out and my healthcare card was amongst those lost with my wallet last month and I haven't actually gotten around to requesting a new one yet. Shite. Kind of forgot, considering how rarely I need it.

Now I'm just in this constant state of near-panic, wondering if my ears are simply blocked or have fresh damage, and if the damage is permanent or not. At times it feels as though my hearing is fineback to normal, and I think maybe I'm just regaining my equilibrium after recovering from the temporary damage they received a while ago.
And in case you were wondering, no, my hearing impairment isn't caused by my love of heavy metal, at least not for the most part- it's nerve damage from an injury received as a kid.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #110943 on: May 30, 2017, 08:44:49 pm »

Paranoia about having Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. This pain is definitely getting worse, but I don't want to miss work.

I should go see a doctor later, if any walk-ins are open.
Now, i don't want to make your paranoia worse here, but as a guy who has dealt with repetitive strain injuries (sparked by tenosynovitis, not CTS) in both his arms for nearly two years now, take it seriously. I've had a lot of pain and a lot of amazingly boring days because of having to rest my hands in order to not aggravate the injury further, and it's seriously hampering my writing hobby. It may just be one arm now, but here's the thing: That's how it started for me as well. Granted, it wasn't CTS, but you'd be at risk of a similar outcome. Overcompensating with my right hand led to it also developing a strain injury, albeit less severe, but now i'm stuck with this shit for god knows how much longer it'll be. I only became aware of just how incredibly many things we humans use our hands for after being forced to look for other activities that don't depend so much on them. The short version is "a lot". The long version is "a whole fucking lot". If you can do something to get rid of it that'll take a few weeks, it sure as hell beats a year of pain and forced boredom.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110944 on: May 30, 2017, 09:18:23 pm »

I doubt it's CTS, since the pain starts mid-forearm, and not wrist, but it still hurts a lot.

I've had it since last Thursday, but it didn't start hurting until late yesterday. I'm not even left-handed, but it being sore made work a lot harder than normal. It feels like my bones are creaking when you move my arm, which is a really strange sensation. My mom's solution was to put a tensor bandage on it.

I should probably tell my boss, but I need the work, and we're understaffed as it is.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #110945 on: May 31, 2017, 04:45:32 am »

I know you're most likely being sarcastic, but that's kind of a dumb comment descan. In a certain context anyway.
What's dumb about it? It's pretty solid advice for a lot of issues.
Given that the person was complaining about needing "to stop thinking," I would advise just a stiff drink to calm the nerves, that's probably all that's needed.
Yoink is Homer :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110946 on: May 31, 2017, 08:49:54 am »

yay shaming prescription medications for mental health issues

i realize it's an old episode but still, it skeeves me the wrong way.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #110947 on: May 31, 2017, 10:07:26 am »

yay shaming prescription medications for mental health issues

i realize it's an old episode but still, it skeeves me the wrong way.

As somebody who was given the option "take this medication that your teacher demands you be prescribed or get expelled from elementary school", I would advise you to look into what that episode was actually about before you take such a view. In that time, overprescription of ADD medication was a massive problem.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110948 on: May 31, 2017, 10:20:37 am »

"i realize it's an old episode" is line two of my post, friend.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #110949 on: May 31, 2017, 10:37:53 am »

You still seem to be under the impression that it is about "shaming people who need medication" rather than "forcing people to take medication they don't need because they don't behave the way you want them to is wrong, and will cause them severe problems."
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110950 on: May 31, 2017, 11:49:12 am »

It always really sucks to find a forum game on Spacebattles or SV that has great writing, great characters, etc. and just dies inexplicably. Couple of years old, author disappeared without saying anything and never posted again, etc. I guess that's the risk with forum games; novels aren't usually published while being written, with the chance that the author stops writing them. As a literary person, it just really hurts to have half a story and never know how it turns out.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110951 on: May 31, 2017, 12:50:51 pm »

My car insurance came out early, and now my bank account is in the red. $7 has a bad way of feeling very large sometimes.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110952 on: May 31, 2017, 01:11:39 pm »

Why not?

Well... why is it not good, rather than why have you not been around.
Because I should be helping.

@Arx: You are more important than whatever work you're doing.

@BlackFlyme: Ditto that.  Tell your boss.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #110953 on: May 31, 2017, 01:13:35 pm »

It always really sucks to find a forum game on Spacebattles or SV that has great writing, great characters, etc. and just dies inexplicably. Couple of years old, author disappeared without saying anything and never posted again, etc. I guess that's the risk with forum games; novels aren't usually published while being written, with the chance that the author stops writing them. As a literary person, it just really hurts to have half a story and never know how it turns out.

Indeed. I recently read that fanfic on an elf and imperial assassin getting together. The truncated ending was rather disappointing.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110954 on: May 31, 2017, 01:17:12 pm »

*coughSVisperfectlyokaywithnecroingcough*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 7395 7396 [7397] 7398 7399 ... 8168