Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7394 7395 [7396] 7397 7398 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9496395 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110925 on: May 29, 2017, 09:27:28 am »

If you lie on the rent info, wouldn't that be fraud or somesuch? Not saying you ARE lying, just saying that if you did, it would be fraud or somesuch. Though that has more to do with money than actually saying whether you have kids or are married.

@th4dwarfy1: I don't recall Truean ever saying or hinting that they're married or have kids.

@Truean: Wait, wouldn't talking about it be effectively the same as quoting you or is that not something you're worried about at this time.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #110926 on: May 29, 2017, 10:31:38 am »

Please do not quote:

I'm transgender and only like men. I lie by pretending to be straight, aka "closeted." I never say I'm not single. This is only the casual conversation stuff, never has misrepresentations about marital status, etc, and is necessary because people often don't like gays. I've been told repeatedly to "find a nice girl and settle down," but I just say I'm married to the job or something similar. I have had several (fully informed) girls pretend to be romantically interested in me (see also "beard"). I largely keep to myself, don't step on toes, am quiet, and just don't correct people's assumptions on straightness.

Fraud is a complex topic. I am closeted, because that's how society demanded gay people be for ages. I am shocked at how some schools have changed where kids are more accepting these days. My jaw has literally dropped on a couple occasions. I am in a geographic area that heavily frowns upon gay people as an understatement. My being closeted is a largely harmless lie, from which I gain no material benefit beyond safety, and by which no one else pays any money, that protects me from real and present physical and other harm. Besides, I stopped counting how many times I've been told "I just don't want to see them (gays)." I lived through Lawrence v Texas (2003), "Don't Ask Don't Tell," and so much more. All I'm going to say is, things have moved rather fast in the last couple years, there is a considerable conservative backlash brewing and I'm just trying not to get smacked by it.

Talking about and quoting are different. It's largely a matter of plausible deniability. If someone quotes me saying I'm gay or whatever, then I'm far more screwed than someone calling me gay or saying I am, etc. Also, I can burn notice my own posts if I have to, but not if you quote function them. This is a limited, narrow focus to achieve a specific goal of me being left alone, not hurting anyone, and my avoiding physical or other harm.

To review, I never say I have a wife and kids. I simply don't say the obvious reason why (gay). That said, people have conversations and ask questions. Some notice when you're an adult, don't stare at women, don't talk about them, don't go on dates, aren't married, and aren't so hideous as to turn women off. The smarter ones who figure it out are usually polite enough not to talk about it.

In a better world, this would not be needed. We don't live in that world.

Please do not quote:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 10:34:06 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110927 on: May 29, 2017, 10:42:50 am »

Great, now you make it seem uncomfortable to talk about it, but that's just me.

Still though, I knew you are transgender, but I never thought that putting down residence as single would be a problem for those that are. Though understandably, you live in an area which isn't friendly (to state an understatement, as you're saying) to gays.

Just lack of knowledge on my part, sorry.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #110928 on: May 29, 2017, 10:52:55 am »

It's ok. No intention or actuality of harm. No foul.

I'm thankful the younger people are becoming more accepting of it and maybe one day being closeted will be a thing of the past. Who knows.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #110929 on: May 29, 2017, 11:25:00 am »

lots of mood whiplash lately. I'm feeling horny, angry/frustrated, depressed, happy for one friend, disgusted by another, and I don't feel like doing much of anything (eating, showering, moving at all), let alone driving home to visit my family. Yet, I love my fam, and I know they'll cheer me up, it's just the drive i'm not looking forward to.

Plus I have work tonight. Ughh

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #110930 on: May 29, 2017, 01:06:23 pm »

Witnessing someone getting blatantly abusive or enforcing seriously damaging societal disadvantage towards a gay/trans person in my presence is one of very few things I would be willing to get physically violent over.  Something I've never done in my life.  Probably because I don't get out enough.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #110931 on: May 29, 2017, 11:32:58 pm »

I have no motivation or ambition. Nothing particularly interests me or motivates me or gives me "meaning" in life. No goals that feel worthwhile. Everything that I try winds up just being an empty way to kill time for a while before I lose interest and quit. Nothing is satisfying or meaningful. Life is just empty.

woooooooo

shit now I don't feel like going to sleep. I think too much and stress myself out and can't relax or do something as simple as going to sleep at a decent time.

I think I need to stop thinking. How do I stop thinking though.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:59:04 pm by Spehss _ »
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #110932 on: May 30, 2017, 12:56:40 am »

Witnessing someone getting blatantly abusive or enforcing seriously damaging societal disadvantage towards a gay/trans person in my presence is one of very few things I would be willing to get physically violent over.  Something I've never done in my life.  Probably because I don't get out enough.
I wish I could say the same, but I'm too much of a coward.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #110933 on: May 30, 2017, 02:14:06 am »

Steady rebellion of body against fleshless overlord continues. I had some minor pain near my right knee a couple of days ago and ignored it, but now it seems to have spread up my thigh. Meanwhile, the right side of my torso and shoulders has started complaining every time I move my arm in a certain way. I can't take a break to try to figure out what's wrong because I have too much work to do.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #110934 on: May 30, 2017, 03:24:30 am »

He then, and I quote, "kicked him in the back of the knee from behind, and he fell over".
I had some minor pain near my right knee a couple of days ago and ignored it, but now it seems to have spread up my thigh. Meanwhile, the right side of my torso and shoulders has started complaining every time I move my arm in a certain way.

Coincidence? I think not!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110935 on: May 30, 2017, 06:45:41 am »

I think I need to stop thinking. How do I stop thinking though.

Breathe in slowly through the nose, out through the mouth. Try to extend the respiration for as long as possible.

The increase in oxygen should help you relax.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110936 on: May 30, 2017, 10:53:49 am »

that or drugs
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110937 on: May 30, 2017, 10:59:05 am »

I know you're most likely being sarcastic, but that's kind of a dumb comment descan. In a certain context anyway.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110938 on: May 30, 2017, 11:10:39 am »

*shrug* depends on the drug and the person but a lot of them, esp. the more popular ones, are p. relaxing and thought-slowing. Weed, alcohol, cigarettes. :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #110939 on: May 30, 2017, 11:52:42 am »

Addictive, illegal, or unhealthy.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7394 7395 [7396] 7397 7398 ... 8168