Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7380 7381 [7382] 7383 7384 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500833 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110715 on: May 08, 2017, 04:07:51 pm »

Feeling like I am losing interest in the games I have.
And many of the games I want just doesn't feel very appealing to me at the moment.
Its not that I do not want to continue playing games. I just feel.. I don't quite know actually..

edit: Maybe I want something more from these games. Expecting more and knowing that they aren't what I want them to be.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 04:10:33 pm by Ultimuh »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110716 on: May 08, 2017, 04:37:28 pm »

I feel incredibly overwhelmed by homework and deadlines, and there's a lot of poor communication that just keeps springing "Surprise, there's something due today that you knew nothing about!" repeatedly.  I can't even find a quiet place to work.

I just want a room to myself and 24 hours of productive time.  That doesn't seem so hard...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #110717 on: May 08, 2017, 04:42:52 pm »

If you live with family, it is. I spend thousands a year in accommodation that's convenient but not essential mainly to get some privacy.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110718 on: May 08, 2017, 04:46:20 pm »

If you live with family, it is. I spend thousands a year in accommodation that's convenient but not essential mainly to get some privacy.
Ironically, I can actually get peace and quiet with my family.  I can't get peace and quiet with my roommate!!!!
Sorry, that was a bit ragey.
But I don't even have the option of staying with family because there's no way to manage the sheer distance reasonably.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #110719 on: May 08, 2017, 04:49:36 pm »

Oh, yea, I'd never do the whole roommate thing. You never know who you'll end up with. I share a corridor with people, but I barely (thankfully) see any of them. Not that they're bad people, they're just young students who occasionally remind me of hollering primates. Thankfully they only kick up once or twice a month, though.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #110720 on: May 08, 2017, 05:01:06 pm »

Feeling like I am losing interest in the games I have.
And many of the games I want just doesn't feel very appealing to me at the moment.
Its not that I do not want to continue playing games. I just feel.. I don't quite know actually..

edit: Maybe I want something more from these games. Expecting more and knowing that they aren't what I want them to be.

I have this problem where I want to play a video game, but then overthink the video game and get scared by its flaws.

Thus I opt to waste my time on the internet rather than on a different part of the internet.

Or offline when playing an offline game.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #110721 on: May 08, 2017, 05:34:48 pm »

TFW a guy who has carried half the load or more of the work at your job tells you he might be quitting for a better job where he doesn't get stressed out. Things are about to go from suck to ultra-suck.

What truly sucks is he is a bed rock of institutional knowledge at my company which was wracked up a significant amount of technical debt. That would leave me and my shitty memory and discipline as the primary container of the wisdom of technical support. I don't know if this is so much a "Things that made you sad" as a "Things that made you dry-heave" post.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110722 on: May 08, 2017, 05:46:08 pm »

*hugs nenjin*

Maybe ask this guy for help fleeing, because this sounds horrible...
Sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110723 on: May 08, 2017, 06:41:45 pm »

*MC collapses from driving all day*

I know that 6 hours of driving seems like nothing to some people (like truck drivers) but for me, it's hell. Especially since I work the evening shift at my new job and had to wake up at 7 this morning (I usually wake up at 1 in the afternoon) to do so.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #110724 on: May 08, 2017, 10:27:48 pm »

It occurs to me that I get sucked into media like anime or fiction novels or video games like Stardew Valley because I'm desperate for anything that can pass as relatively close social human to human interaction. I can interact with/get to know fictional characters and feel emotional bonding without needing to deal with actual people. Probably also why I'm interested in AI and robots. It's like people but not actually people.

That's kinda sad. I always thought I wasn't much of a people person but some of the most enjoyable things I have are enjoyable because they manage to somewhat fill the empty void in my life that is my lack of friends or social interaction. I know I was lonely but wow this puts it in perspective.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #110725 on: May 09, 2017, 12:13:24 am »

I have been crazily busy with classes and now work, and now a big deadline has crept up. For the assignment I have to conduct an interview with a social worker, and it's dumb and I hate this class and I'm definitely in way over my head this term. Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck everything.

I hate these "soft science" classes like sociology, public speaking, etc. Yeah they're important in the big picture and there's important jobs that make good money. Fuck em, I don't care. If that makes me lazy or a bad person, I still do not care. These classes are dumb and a waste of my time. The History class I'm also taking, on the same days no less, covers the same ideas, at roughly the same pace, with less dumb jargon and fist-shaking at "the system" and more actual, you know, facts and how past events relate to eachother and the present.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #110726 on: May 09, 2017, 12:18:17 am »

I cannot work for the life of me. I have some tools I'm using to pry myself off my bed, but there exist none that will let me just work on an essay when I want to. Gah, it's so miserable.

I got tons of work done over the weekend and I hoped that this was a sign of things to come. Instead, I've achieved nothing at all today. This is bad for me. Time is running out fast. And yet I'm so tired... Ugh. I feel like giving up, but I don't have time to give up so blegh.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110727 on: May 09, 2017, 04:23:41 am »

My mother died in a vehicular accident today.
http://www.kake.com/story/35376144/one-killed-in-tractor-crash-southwest-of-wichita

I am fine, and do not need huggles. I am just sharing that it happened.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110728 on: May 09, 2017, 04:32:34 am »

My mother died in a vehicular accident today.
http://www.kake.com/story/35376144/one-killed-in-tractor-crash-southwest-of-wichita

I am fine, and do not need huggles. I am just sharing that it happened.

condolences anyway. It's rough losing family like that. Hope the funerary process goes smoothly

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110729 on: May 09, 2017, 10:54:35 am »

*hugs wierd anyway*

I'm sorry for your loss.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7380 7381 [7382] 7383 7384 ... 8168