Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7375 7376 [7377] 7378 7379 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9502188 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110640 on: April 25, 2017, 10:30:59 am »

Lest we forget: TBF is a cybernetic frotteurist
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #110641 on: April 25, 2017, 10:38:35 am »

Lest we forget: TBF is a cybernetic frotteurist

Eh, the DF forums are well known to be fraught with urists.

We still love TBF anyway.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110643 on: April 26, 2017, 04:44:29 am »

Someone seemingly has a grudge on me(??) at work because I don't know how to use the tools I'm not properly skilled or trained for. Nevermind that I never try to ask for help unless I hit a brick wall I can't seem to get beyond, and documentation is rife with outdated information as to how to exactly carry things out, and the customer on the phone is not someone I am willing to put on the line while waiting for them to confirm whether they'll end up doing it or not.

To properly illustrate though; we do have three tiers of agents on the floor. First is us, the cannon-fodder. Usually, we're able to resolve issues on our own without further assistance, and I take note of the processes undertaken to actually perform a task...

But usually, there's something we call 'Schedule Adherence' and as frontliners, we can't just suddenly request to go off the phones to request additional training how to use the tools and perform workarounds. So we have the second tier; the Mentor role, to handle inquiries from agents on the floor and assist with supervisory calls. If an agent can't find a workaround, they look to the mentors for advice for a possible resolution -- and they're not exactly expected to fix the issue at all; just give it an attempt and see if it works; explain why it doesn't or indicate that said method to work around issues with the tools we use and transfer calls to a different department if need be.

The top tier are actually the actual supervisors themselves, and they're honestly less-skilled about the entire gig than the mentors themselves.

---------------

I attempted to contact a mentor, who tried to complete a particular workaround to get a customer's service to work. First, they need to complete a workorder I wasn't able to bypass because of cable tv codes on the account. Not that I didn't try anyway; it returned an error for the exact same reason. I indicate that they need the internet codes into the modem which they owned and purchased. Nope, fucker just somehow completes the workorder that was pending and expects me to add the codes into the device. Normally, I'm able to do that, but I indicated it for the same exact reason that I already tried doing it and it returned a specific error, disallowing me from adding it.

So I ask again, put the codes on the modem the customer owns. Person puts it on the wrong device, and having not noticed it (my bad), spent like 15 minutes troubleshooting for an issue that was on my end.

I explained again that I can't bypass it and really want to get the modem active for customer -- with the specific modem they own, and they finally manage it -- but my coworker states they were slightly miffed at me for asking too many questions. Had I known how to do these things, I'd do it myself and stop bugging you, but I can't even request training for the said tools, and nobody's willing to teach in the first place.

Thank goodness customer was a good sport -- but I spent an hour on the call which would just have taken a quarter of it. If only because internal support didn't pay attention and even got the gall to get angry. It's not like I'm passing the call to you because I pissed off the customer. I am still handling the call after all. Ugh.

I just needed to let this out.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #110644 on: April 26, 2017, 01:46:41 pm »

This has been the most academically stressful year of my life, and I think I'm starting to crack under all the accumulated pressure. My social anxiety issues have been getting worse again. I'm behind in almost all my classes with finals coming up in a week and a half. I've barely been able to hang out with my friends because of all my classwork this semester. I discovered a couple months ago that my medicine gives me temporary depression if I go without taking it for a little while and start it back up again. I'm developing carpal tunnel from typing so much. I have a rash. I might be coming down with a cold. I'm sick and tired of putting up with my childish asshole neighbors patronizing me whenever I have the misfortune to have to talk to them, and I'm feeling paranoia and dread because one of them said something odd that might mean friends of theirs might be replacing them next year.

I just want to get this shit over with and go home.
It's FEF, not FEOF

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110645 on: April 26, 2017, 11:58:02 pm »

*hugs The Moonlit Shadow*

Anything we can do to help?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110646 on: April 27, 2017, 09:09:20 am »

Recipe for a rather shitty start of the day:

1 broken dog leash
6 kittens outside door:
   1 dead
   1 only technically not dead on opening door, not technically not shortly thereafter
   1 visibly starting to die
   3 almost certainly infected with what killed them
1 too broke person to afford vet trips for stray kittens or getting appropriate antibiotics
Indefinite amount of other people that just don't really care enough to spend on them either

Can't exactly blame them considering the costs around here for the antibiotics they'd need isn't entirely trivial, and there's more strays in the neighborhood than there should be, but god bloody damn it's becoming several different kinds of frustrating to go through this. Third sequential batch of kittens for this particular mother cat, all dead the same way. Never seem to be able to get to them soon enough for it to matter, or have the resources to do fuck all about it. Instead it's kitten corpses all over the damned lawn. Again.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110647 on: April 27, 2017, 10:02:26 am »

Neuter that female, prevent more dead litters. It's probably bad genes, not just illness.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110648 on: April 27, 2017, 10:52:45 am »

Yeaaaah, if I could afford the couple hundred neutering costs around here, getting some anti-infection stuff probably wouldn't be a problem.

Though while genetics may have something to do with it, the stuff that's been killing the litters is just common for kittens in the area regardless of lineage. Some make it, many don't.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 10:54:27 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110649 on: April 27, 2017, 11:53:57 am »

Maybe I just live in a lucky area, but some vets do perform neutering/spaying at-cost of the procedure for strays. I know they do around here, anyway. It might be worth looking around.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110650 on: April 27, 2017, 12:25:31 pm »

Yeaaaah, if I could afford the couple hundred neutering costs around here, getting some anti-infection stuff probably wouldn't be a problem.

Though while genetics may have something to do with it, the stuff that's been killing the litters is just common for kittens in the area regardless of lineage. Some make it, many don't.

Couple of hundred, geeez. I thought it already expensive over here, at 60-80 euros. And indeed, over here there's plenty of vets as well who are willing to neuter a stray at procedure costs, which should be somewhere around 40 euros.
Especially if you tell them the sad tale of it continuously having dying litters, I'm sure you should be able to find one that can help you out. Not all vets are just in the business for the money, quite a few of them actually care about animal welfare.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 12:27:02 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110651 on: April 27, 2017, 02:53:25 pm »

There's some that'll do it cheaper (though cheaper is, like, still around 80 bucks or so), but it's either time sensitive (which I regularly forget or miss due to other obligations, or it comes around when the cat's already pregnant), limited slots (see previous), or a hour+ drive away... and that means selling it to other folks, since my car got lent out and wrecked some time last year (and caught fire sometime a month or two ago, rendering a vehicle not worth fixing into a somewhat burnt vehicle not worth fixing). Mostly just haven't managed so far as that goes.

What vets are close mostly are in it for more than money, but there's also very few vets and very many strays, so they don't have much capability to provide even if they want to (and they're also all a bit out from me, if not hour+ out, which means they service their local-er area preferentially). Some pounds are a bit better at it, but that means putting the animal in one, and the only no-kill places are perpetually full (i.e. you might as well just shoot the thing and get it over with, if you're going that route. Getting the bloody things fixed at a cost I can much manage has been a problem for like a friggin' decade now, and, well. They're strays. Hard to justify much, unfortunately. Harder to convince folks that actually could manage it.

... also would kinda' prefer this particular one still able to breed, tbh, at least until/unless something makes it. If she finally has something survive/I scrounge up shit to keep some living, I'll probably end up working through the mess of getting an inside cat going. One of the better tempered strays I've seen in my life, and the kittens have been pretty friendly for kittens until the infections got 'em.
Ask not!
Ask!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110652 on: April 27, 2017, 03:09:31 pm »

Well in that case, cheapest solution you can try, is keeping the next litter flea-free, by providing the mom with a flea collar / anti-flea tincture (you can ask the pet shop which one is okay for a nursing cat). Those shouldn't be more than 20 euros (there's much cheaper ones but not sure if those are okay with nursing). That is, if the stray is friendly enough to let you either put on a collar or (less invasive) put some droplets of tincture in between her shoulder blades. This wil keep the kittens reasonably flea free for their first few weeks as well, since they are in direct contact with the mom a lot.

Most parasitic and bacterial infections that kill young kittens are transmitted by fleas.

But still, if every litter she's had so far ended up dying, I can only repeat that I suspect bad genes (inbreeding) play a role.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 03:11:45 pm by martinuzz »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #110653 on: April 27, 2017, 03:43:30 pm »

fffffffFFFFFFFFFfffffffffff

WHY AM I SO BAD AT LETTING GO OF ANGER

A little benign trolling is all it took to get me pissy (honestly i kinda played along with it myself, ain't the other guys fault i'm so fucking sensitive), and i'm still pissy an entire goddamn hour later. Worse yet, i can't find a fucking outlet for it, all my cathartic games are apparently quite challenging. I'm not even sure if this is an anxiety issue, because anxiety doesn't involve getting and staying mad at actually trivial issues. UGH. I hate being pissy. I turn into a horrible person when i'm pissy.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110654 on: April 27, 2017, 03:49:27 pm »

I don't know why I'm so torn about this. It's such a stupid problem. I started going back to my Local Game Shop after a two month hiatus to play MTG, only to be reminded why I stopped playing in the first place: I get overemotional and take everything too seriously, and I feel that I'll never find the friendship that I desperately crave from this place. Even though it's a stupid game, I'll get fuckin salty and be mad about it for days afterwards, and then still feel like I haven't even made any social progress to compensate for it.

So I was thinking of just quitting forever, but I'm tormented by thoughts like:

"It's not their fault, it's your fault for not taking the initiative to try being a friend. You're so passive and cowardly..."
"If you just didn't act like a stupid shit man-child, you're life would be so much better right now."
"Why even waste time with this P2W garbage game anyway. How much have you thrown at this over the years? Like a grand? or more? What a waste!"
"Quitting now just proves that the therapist is right. That you're dysthymic and have avoidant personality disorder. Wanting to run away from this just proves that you're mentally sick."
"Why can't you just shut up and enjoy the game? You're overthinking everything as usual. If you could just enjoy things as they come rather than delving deep into the purely intangible and irrelevant shit that is going on in your head, man wouldn't life just be better? But I guess you just can't do that..."
"Am I beating my head against a wall, trying and trying, and simply expecting the unreasonable? Or is this just another facet of the challenge of life and walking away from it just shows that I'm weak and worthless?..."

The prerelease of Amonkhet is this Friday, so I feel I have to make the decision soon. I desperately want someone else to take over control of my life. I just want to give my body and consciousness to someone else, because it is just wasted on me. Anyone else could live life better than I can. I just want to get brain damaged, and get amnesia or something, so I could genuinely start over from the mental and emotional level. I just don't know what to do with myself.

I want to go back and revisit this post. I actually did go to that MTG Prerelease, and wound up grabbing first place out of about 50-55 people... with this being my return to the game proper after 3 months... and having not spoiled myself on the cards at all... and being slightly weak from having given blood earlier that day... I'm honestly very surprised at the outcome. It's my first time ever winning at a prerelease, I'm actually proud of myself. I got a special playmat with a kitty sphinx artwork on it and a booster box of Amonkhet. I don't think I'll ever open it, it's my trophy.

Maybe I'll just chill out about events in the future. Though obviously the lesson doesn't come from the fact that I won, there's no meaning in that, but that I think I handled myself really well and didn't get really anxious and was able to stay calm and think clearly in such a crowded and busy environment. That's where the real value of going was.
Pages: 1 ... 7375 7376 [7377] 7378 7379 ... 8168