Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7371 7372 [7373] 7374 7375 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9505414 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110580 on: April 14, 2017, 04:44:03 pm »

If you want a real sad:

I was going to do things today. Instead, I spent sixish hours with severe stomach issues. At one point I passed out and woke up on the ground with no idea how I had gotten there but it seemed I'm pretty sure I threw up (which occasionally happens in my family, so I'm not too worried) and had double vision and extreme fatigue (and my skin was pale and almost yellow) afterwards from a massive amount of fluid loss.

I'm feeling better now but I still had to cancel all my plans for today.

...Those are all signs of some rather serious things. Please go see a doctor, if you can.

If the symptoms show up again at all I will. For now, it seems to just be a short-lived stomach bug.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110581 on: April 14, 2017, 04:54:44 pm »

But then if I shave my head will I be able to get a job? I mean, not that being top-bald in one's 20s would help in that department either.

I'm starting to wonder if any of the hair loss products actually work. Because I've heard that male pattern baldness has even less treatment options than cancer.

There are things that aren't even hair loss products that have been found to work. This one anti-dandruff shampoo (any one that contains Ketoconozole) was found in clinical trials to slow/prevent hairloss, and the stuff isn't even marketed as doing that, so it's not a marketing thing. But if your hair is far gone this isn't going to be effective: Ketoconozole and e.g Minoxidil/Rogaine work to increase existing hair health. So if your hair is starting to thin a little: changing shampoo and perhaps using Minoxidil could reduce the rate of thinning and let new hair growth keep pace with losses. But if you've got actually completely bald patches you're in unexplored territory. Finasteride is the heavy duty treatment, and the list of side effects sounds like the monster from a horror movie.

The reason I think treatments for complete baldness don't work is that by that time the skin on your head is no different to the skin on e.g. your hand. You've already lost the hair follicles for thick hair from that region, so no amount of chemicals is going to magically make your head grow new follicles there. Perhaps if they had this stuff where you rub it on any bodypart and it becomes hairy - now that would cure baldness, but come with all sorts of warnings.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 05:15:36 pm by Reelya »

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110582 on: April 14, 2017, 05:21:13 pm »

The reason I think treatments for complete baldness don't work is that by that time the skin on your head is no different to the skin on e.g. your hand. You've already lost the hair follicles for thick hair from that region, so no amount of chemicals is going to magically make your head grow new follicles there. Perhaps if they had this stuff where you rub it on any bodypart and it becomes hairy - now that would cure baldness, but come with all sorts of warnings.

It's funny and slightly horrifying to contemplate accidentally ingesting something like that.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #110583 on: April 14, 2017, 05:21:39 pm »

I don't think androgenic allopecia causes loss of follicles proper. The hair just... thins out.

Indeed, IIRC hormone treatment will indeed result in growing  hair back... but you're basically chemically castrating yourself to a lesser or greater extent, and the reborn hair will only last as long as you take the treatment.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #110584 on: April 14, 2017, 06:46:39 pm »

It's funny and slightly horrifying to contemplate accidentally ingesting something like that.

Creep show movie has a scene like this. A hick farmer boy with the brains of a deranged walnut finds a meteor in his yard one day. He splashes water on it to cool it off so he can sell it in town, and it splits open, revealing a goo. He touches the goo and after a day or two, grows green... Moss-stuff on his fingertips. Then his tongue. Then everywhere that touches the stuff growing on him. Eventually he looks like a moss-monster and blows his own brains out with a shotgun.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110585 on: April 14, 2017, 08:04:32 pm »

Was the kid debilitated at all, or just ugly?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110586 on: April 14, 2017, 09:41:13 pm »

Did he try weed killer first?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #110587 on: April 15, 2017, 05:22:17 am »

Lately when I encounter certain stressors, I have a super-duper stress response where my heart starts racing/pounding, my chest is so tight it feels like all my organs are being crushed together, and I can't get enough air. It goes away if I can be alone for like thirty minutes and relax. Nobody I've explained this to gives a fuck.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #110588 on: April 15, 2017, 07:03:17 am »

Sounds like a panic/anxiety attack.
Love, scriver~

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #110589 on: April 15, 2017, 07:07:34 am »

That was my theory, yes. I've had them before but very seldom and under much greater duress. They're prevalent in my mother's side of the family, too, so there's probably genetic vulnerability.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #110590 on: April 16, 2017, 01:10:22 am »

Anyone ever vomited a bunch of grey sludge despite eating pretty much nothing all day before?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110591 on: April 16, 2017, 01:36:38 am »

Uh...That seems ungood, Hugo.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #110592 on: April 16, 2017, 01:50:44 am »

At a restaurant and theres two groups of high school kids out after prom making a fuckload of noise. Fucking prom night.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #110593 on: April 16, 2017, 11:16:31 am »

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #110594 on: April 16, 2017, 03:56:51 pm »

Feeling lazy, irritable and exhausted, and I've got so much shit that needs to get done over the next three weeks. Went to Walgreens and bought the highest-dosage Vitamin D supplement I could find, since it's been grey and overcast a lot lately, and I think that's part of the issue.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 7371 7372 [7373] 7374 7375 ... 8168