Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7351 7352 [7353] 7354 7355 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9510374 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110280 on: February 28, 2017, 12:06:39 pm »

Right now I think I want nothing more than to take painkillers until everything goes away and then slit my wrists. Fuck. It's been a while. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #110281 on: February 28, 2017, 04:49:01 pm »

Hopefully :(
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #110282 on: February 28, 2017, 07:06:32 pm »

« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 07:51:40 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #110283 on: February 28, 2017, 07:07:36 pm »

Well, it's tomorrow (2AM, though) and whilst mentally I'm alright I'm in so much pain from this inflamed surgery wound that I want to scream, despite being on a gram of paracetamol and 20mg of codeine. Bloody hell.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #110284 on: February 28, 2017, 07:09:43 pm »

Mom was diagnosed as diabetic about a month ago now I think, and has extremely high blood pressure. She's already trying to duck doctor checkups and seriously considering miraculous alt-health memes like bone broth and "superfood" diet plans.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #110285 on: February 28, 2017, 07:15:54 pm »

While the "superfood" diet plans and such aren't nearly as good as their proponents suggest (for one thing, there's no such thing as a "superfood"), the plans do tend to be fundamentally healthy and balanced, which is the most important thing in diabetes treatment (barring insulin injections when necessary).
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #110286 on: February 28, 2017, 08:10:25 pm »

While the "superfood" diet plans and such aren't nearly as good as their proponents suggest (for one thing, there's no such thing as a "superfood"), the plans do tend to be fundamentally healthy and balanced, which is the most important thing in diabetes treatment (barring insulin injections when necessary).
Thats a pretty wide statement. I'd not assume by default some random diet is balanced, and it certainly does not substitute even partially medical oversight, particularily when there are several CV risk factors at play. Itianotlogical has a case.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110287 on: February 28, 2017, 10:21:09 pm »

Well, it's tomorrow (2AM, though) and whilst mentally I'm alright I'm in so much pain from this inflamed surgery wound that I want to scream, despite being on a gram of paracetamol and 20mg of codeine. Bloody hell.
Jeez man, I hope you feel better soon. I'd offer to hook you up with some better painkillers, but I couldn't exactly get them all the way to South Africa. :-\

I've been in a bit of pain myself, although it's nowhere near as bad as it was yesterday... something's gone wrong in my mouth, like right at the upper corner of the jaw. At first I noticed there was what felt like a broken tooth there after eating some crisps, but now I think there might be either a wisdom tooth or some old injury involved.
Hurts. Seeing a dentist requires so much more effort than just seeing a doctor. Urgh.

New Sad: a guy I knew somewhat and was friends with on Facebook died the other day, apparently just a day or two before his birthday.
I'd only met him once or twice and barely knew him at all, and besides I doubt we had anything much in common aside from long hair and a love of alcohol, but it's still a shock. I only found out when it occurred to me that some of the birthday wishes I was seeing sent to him on Facebook were a lot more dramatic and respectful than usual... then I clicked on his profile to look at more, saw one including "R.I.P" and my fears were confirmed.

Apparently he died in a single-car accident due to the driver (his girlfriend) being drunk. Apparently he also begged her not to drive beforehand, but still got in the car with her for some reason. This was after his birthday celebrations, too.
This is pretty much what my Facebook feed has been filled with for the last several days. Barely knew the guy but it has still affected me somehow.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #110288 on: March 01, 2017, 02:08:51 am »

First of 3 physics tests tomorrow. The tests are a major part of the class grade. I haven't done much studying. Really irresponsible.

Also stayed up until 1 AM playing video games. I thought I had gotten out of that habit, but given the first chance I'm back at it.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #110289 on: March 01, 2017, 02:24:47 am »

Yoink, get your posterior to a dentist's chair. Dental infections are serious business, don't mess about with it.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #110290 on: March 01, 2017, 04:35:51 am »

If an aggressive tooth infection gets going and is left untreated, it can travel up into the brain. And that's a-no good.

Get it checked man.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #110291 on: March 01, 2017, 04:44:56 am »

True facts. My father once went to a dentist after having an abscess rupture internally, only to have the dentist instruct him to get to a hospital ER for surgery/drainage/whatever needed doing, because he was in serious danger of that. Couldn't open his jaw properly for weeks, eventually his physio cracked it open for him with something like a pair of pliers. Not as life threatening, but nearly as fun. :P

Speaking of drainage, I've managed to drain most of the pus from my infection! It hurts a lot less and the swelling's gone down. Unfortunately, I have to drain the pus directly into my mouth and then spit it out. To roughly emulate this experience, take a copper (-coloured, anyway) coin, heat it to the temperature of a warm bath, cool your mouth with some ice, and then tuck the coin between your cheek and your molars. You can add a little salt if you like. It's not actually the worst thing I've had, but there's something about having the corpses of an army of bacteria and leucocytes oozing out through my gum, carried in the remnants of their battlefield, that is a little off-putting.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #110292 on: March 01, 2017, 06:26:48 am »

Don't assume they're all dead. The men of Bacteriopolis are stronger than the situation! They will fight, ay, though they walk through the shadow of the molars of death.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #110293 on: March 01, 2017, 06:40:58 am »

Do not go gently into that good night! Ache, ache, ache against the dying of the light!
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110294 on: March 01, 2017, 08:44:43 am »

If an aggressive tooth infection gets going and is left untreated, it can travel up into the brain. And that's a-no good.

Get it checked man.
Well... maybe... but I've been ignoring my various mouth-problems for so long now and it seems to have worked out so far. >.>;
Yeah, I should see a dentist.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7351 7352 [7353] 7354 7355 ... 8168