Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7349 7350 [7351] 7352 7353 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9510512 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110250 on: February 24, 2017, 02:08:23 am »

My boyfriend keeps saying I have a drinking problem. I joke about it because I legitimately have had issues with excessive drinking in the past but I haven't had a drop of alcohol in three weeks. I told him I was trying to find a friend's place to hang out at and he made some comment and I was just like "what". Later, he messaged me a screenshot of a text message tonight and I replied, to which he said "I think you're just drunkenly misunderstanding what I sent you." (it turned out it was a two-part message and only the second part went through).

I just don't know how to tell someone that they're making you feel like crap when they don't know or mean to.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110251 on: February 24, 2017, 07:36:21 am »

Kind of stupid compared to other people's problem here, but I'm genuinely sad that today is my last workday here. I'm moving to a better job in virtually all aspects, better payment, bigger chances of growing, better schedule, more and better benefits(it's also a pasta factory but they make cookies and flour too so I will get two new products for free), far, far better insurance, less workload, fuck even better parking.

But I can't help but to feel sad about leaving the place I've been working for the last seven years. I grown not only fond of the place and some of the people, but the work itself. It's hard to explain. I grew loyalty to the company and the brand, and while it's not enough to let a better job pass, I know it's enough to last the rest of my life, and feel pride and a bit of nostalgia every time I'll see one of our products in a grocery shelf.

On the other hand it might be simply the unease feeling of moving out of my confort zone, and the growing responsibilities of having a baby on the way, that impulse me to try to reach for more.

I never had the biggest ambitions among my peers, right until the day I knew I was going to be a father.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 07:37:58 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #110252 on: February 24, 2017, 10:15:59 am »

[...]
I just don't know how to tell someone that they're making you feel like crap when they don't know or mean to.
At times I recall how my dad told me things when I've had problems expressing them--what makes me sad is I often [fail] to express how to do so and help others back when it's my goal many times x_x

One way to suggest that is to acknowledge their possible perception to work with your own :O Using yourself as a point of basis also helps.
"While I understand that I have had [drinking problems] before, and thank you for your concern, I feel like I'm {feelings} because of {how they said it}", plus adding specifics on the words being used and what they meant to you in comparison.

Kind of stupid compared to other people's problem here[...]
Comparisons aren't, in this thread. Although it's at times common to think so as a self-assessing cognitive thing, this thread is made for expression. If expression here in this thread would help someone, all the better.

[...]
I'm sorry about that...
Hey, your sig and personal text have me really worried. Don't do anything harsh, please. If you need someone to talk to, I'm not good with words, but I can always listen and try.
This, please. Intense emotions can influence oneself, but the thoughts alongside them influence in turn too; talk with people you trust or can get help from there--focus on taking care of yourself at the moment--you can always apologize in the future, and if in doubt keep the tone as an open door {apologize + say your part while leaving space for their response or not assuming their position as a conclusion} no matter how bad things generally are. A message as communication is something generally needed in these times.

You could also contact your instructor or teacher and mention that emotional [or the context of what had happened] prevented you from doing the thing and can pass later on {like a day or so}; generally it results in reduced score but it's still passed. (Story of my life there x_x)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110253 on: February 24, 2017, 02:01:56 pm »

Grrr. Instead of going away in 24h, I'm still in some pain, and have a slight fever. Not sure if that's because of what the dentist did to my gums, or just coincidence.
Alternating ibuprofen and paracetamol helps, but can't be good for my stomach. Stupid ibuprofen doesn't work long enough for me to only use that, or I would exceed the daily maximum. Something something 'high tolerance to substance'. Dentists was surprised that the lidocaine injections wore off halfway through the procedure too.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #110254 on: February 24, 2017, 02:15:05 pm »

Nsaids shouldnt really induce tolerance.

One thing we did back at my original place was alternating different NSAIDs. Eg: paracetamol and ibuprofen. or metamizole and ibuprofen, for instance.

If the pain is not very bad and the dose-per-capsule is low enough (eg: the british sell ibuprofen in pills of 200mg) you might consider spreading the intake instead of doing all at once. 
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110255 on: February 24, 2017, 03:59:32 pm »

Nsaids shouldnt really induce tolerance.
No, not specific tolerance. I rarely ever use painkillers, not even paracetamol or ibuprofin. It's just that I have a high tolerance for just about everything. I guess I have a big liver. Or just high metabolism.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110256 on: February 24, 2017, 04:10:23 pm »

Not so much sad as frustrated and exhausted. I've slept for about 4 hours, driven for over 5 in shitty, dark, rainy weather with a growing cold that's giving me headaches. I've had three coffes and two energy drinks (the kind where one is you reccommended daily dose of energy) and I am still barely thinking straight.

Dad is being an idiot and not eating anything the entire day despite being able to (excuse is that he had work or couldn't drive to the 15 minutes of walking away market) and gets all pissy when is called out on it by mom because she's tired of having to promptly materialize food for him when he comes back home despite him being unable to call ahead and ask for something to be made. No, it's food now or I become a pissy asshole because you aren't a superwoman that tolerates all my faults.

There's other shit too but I just can't think right now, think I'll collapese into bed and sleep for a few days if possible. But I doubt I'll be allowed that. Aaaand I think I'm on the verge of crying with sheer frustration with everything, how even when things turn out okay in the end, like today mostly did, nothing during the way will work or happen properly, there will always be some fucking bullshit hitch that I failed to take into account and then it's a scramble to keep the whole thing from collapsing.

Fuck this, I'm out.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #110257 on: February 24, 2017, 04:55:52 pm »

Yep. Fucked up. Snapped in the middle of the school day. Oh well. At least I have my pillow to cry into I guess. Also posting just do people know I'm not dead yet.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #110258 on: February 24, 2017, 05:06:20 pm »

You all right now friend?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #110259 on: February 24, 2017, 06:35:47 pm »

It's warm again. So I'm sad again. I miss the winter already.

You know, I know that there is seasonal affective disorder, where people grow depressed during the winter. Is there an opposite version? Because the warmer and brighter it gets, the worse my mood is. And now when everyone else is happy and out-of-doors, I'm sad, and for no obvious reason.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110260 on: February 24, 2017, 06:40:57 pm »

The cold melancholy and suffering make me happy.
Okay maybe that looks a bit edgy, how about this...
When I was back at home in the Piedmont, and the temperature got warm, and it was so muggy...  I occasionally found quiet spots and lashed out with all the strength I could muster.
It wasn't even that *bad*, exactly... in fact, it was kinda nice, to give in.
I don't want to feel that way [for]ever.

I was okay as long as it was cold...  It wasn't the heat that set me off.  It was the cold that helped me numb my problems.
And the pain of being cold, tbh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #110261 on: February 24, 2017, 07:03:52 pm »

It's warm again. So I'm sad again. I miss the winter already.

You know, I know that there is seasonal affective disorder, where people grow depressed during the winter. Is there an opposite version? Because the warmer and brighter it gets, the worse my mood is. And now when everyone else is happy and out-of-doors, I'm sad, and for no obvious reason.
Yes, yes there is. That's why it's called "seasonal", since that implies it could be any season. :v (that besides, i also know a guy who claims to get summer depressions, so there's that)

In more-worrying-than-sad news, i am currently experiencing non-insignificant pain in BOTH arms, and thus do i have to stay brief on the writey bits. I might legitimately have to start planning for a computer-free month if this isn't gone by tomorrow. >.>
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #110262 on: February 24, 2017, 07:17:22 pm »

The worst events in my life literally all happened during summer in hot-as-hell shitholes, so there's that. :^y

Besides, I'm a quiet, introverted person. Winter is when people do things quietly, mind their own business, talk in lower voices, stay home more than they go out. I like that. Summer turns people into pushy obnoxious self-centered idiots.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110263 on: February 24, 2017, 11:10:18 pm »

Man, I'm starting to lose faith in the ISP that I work for. Metrics are too damn tight, and I'm supposed to budget out sending techs; even when it's painfully obvious you cannot resolve the issue on your end.

And due to these same metrics, everyone falls into a mold of just wanting high scores and giving zero shits, so the company's quality and rep suffers a lot. Hate having to handle calls of customers being cheated and realizing that you, as the company, cheated them. Doubly so when they understand it's not your fault, and there's nothing you can do.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110264 on: February 24, 2017, 11:22:29 pm »

*hugs Trapezohedron*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 7349 7350 [7351] 7352 7353 ... 8168