Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7348 7349 [7350] 7351 7352 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9510548 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110235 on: February 21, 2017, 10:30:11 am »

Aw, my condolences helgo, but I guess its good you guys already expected it to happen. He's better off than my grandma, who's slowly rotting away alive while trapped in a wheelchair while being unable to communicate.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #110236 on: February 22, 2017, 06:21:54 am »

he died the same year i was born, so it's not exactly recent news, but hearing about your grandpa dying reminded me that i really would've loved to have met my great-grandpa. he died of a very obscure and rare disease, and were it not for that, there's no doubt he'd still be alive today. if nothing else, the inheritance he left me has helped out a lot

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #110237 on: February 22, 2017, 10:47:00 am »

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #110238 on: February 22, 2017, 10:36:17 pm »

I need a reset button, or at least a rewind button. Even if just for today :(
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110240 on: February 23, 2017, 04:04:02 am »

Went to the dentist today. 'Deep cleaning' she called it. "you will probably be in pain for the next 24h when the sedative wears off"

GODDAMNIT OUCH she wasn't kidding.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110241 on: February 23, 2017, 09:12:19 am »

*passes martinuzz some ibuprofen*

Yeep.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 09:55:46 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #110242 on: February 23, 2017, 09:40:43 am »

*passes martibuzz some ibuprofen*

Yeep.
*martibuzz suffers from catastrophic kidney injury due to TBF's mislabelling the doses*
*martibuzz has been downed*
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110243 on: February 23, 2017, 09:56:16 am »

Yeep.
*martibuzz suffers from catastrophic kidney injury due to TBF's mislabelling the doses*
It wasn't me!  It was the packager!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #110245 on: February 23, 2017, 10:34:00 am »

Yeep.
It wasn't me!  It was the packager!

This reminds me of something that happened some years ago:

Intrathecal (aka: directly into your cerebrospinal fluid) administration of chemotherapy is something that is usually done in certain types of leukemias and lymphomas to prevent central nervous system relapses and/or to treat central nervous system infiltration. Presumably something of the sort is used in solid tumors, but I dont deal with those so I'm not up to date on the particulars.

For the most part we use methotrexate, cytarabine, and hydrocortisone.  And there's a thankfully unusual-yet-popping up from time to time mistake, in which the preparation is laced with vincristine instead of metothrexate (boxes are nigh-identical). Intrathecal vincristine is almost always fatal.

Anyways, I was recalling a case some four or five years ago, in which this happened in a major hospital, and they tried to blame the hospital porter, for some fucking reason. I dont know why, or how it ended.

For the record IMO this is downright bizarre. The porter doesnt really know anything about chemo. The responsibility would fall on either the hospital pharmacy preparing the drugs, or the department administering them. Not saying they should get disbarred or anything like that. Accidents happen, and what must be done is try to prevent them from reoccurring.  But blaming an orderly is downright bizarre.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 10:44:35 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110246 on: February 23, 2017, 12:38:35 pm »

After a stint of not being active, I tried to type in "bay12games.com/forum" and it...didn't work. It hasn't worked for ages but I was just like "aw man".
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110247 on: February 23, 2017, 02:52:22 pm »

Heh, I had the same issue and kept getting annoyed for being redirected to the page every time. So I just bookmarked it again and have no worries about it.

My sad of the day. I finally left my position of admin for a regional art group on FB, it's a great little place that has managed to provide a sense of community and foster not only friendships but opportunities for people as well. Being an artsy introvert can be a very lonely thing, something I know first hand all too well, so having a place like this was amazing, doing articles, thinking up projects and challenges, talking to folks and giving feedback. Anyways, to cut it short, I got involved with some of the people and it went bad but we remained civil about it and kept running the group like nothing had happened. Eventually tho, I'm not exactly sure why but I think I lost it, the ideas weren't there anymore and really, the others didn't seem too enthusiastic about it either, we'd have meetings and talks and discuss future plans and then do nothing about it, very disheartening and after several months of thinking it over I decided that I didn't want to waste anyones time anymore. The others aren't bad, far from it, but they're too busy doing other stuff to dedicate the time needed to the group, and calling people out or pushing them to do more can only end badly in the long term. It's the right think to do I think, or at the very least, the only solution that I see as feasible.

And yet I still needed a week to write up the two sentences of the notice and felt wretched for every fucking second of it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #110248 on: February 23, 2017, 06:21:05 pm »

I ruined a long lasting friendship the other day because I don't know when to shut the fuck up. I have zero energy to do anything anymore. Have a paper due tomorrow that I haven't started on and probably won't do. Half the time I can barely be bothered to look up anymore because I just don't care. I miss my best friend. I wish I wasn't so stupid.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110249 on: February 23, 2017, 06:47:47 pm »

I ruined a long lasting friendship the other day because I don't know when to shut the fuck up. I have zero energy to do anything anymore. Have a paper due tomorrow that I haven't started on and probably won't do. Half the time I can barely be bothered to look up anymore because I just don't care. I miss my best friend. I wish I wasn't so stupid.
I'm sorry about that...
Hey, your sig and personal text have me really worried. Don't do anything harsh, please. If you need someone to talk to, I'm not good with words, but I can always listen and try.
Pages: 1 ... 7348 7349 [7350] 7351 7352 ... 8168