Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7344 7345 [7346] 7347 7348 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9511605 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110175 on: February 11, 2017, 09:55:53 pm »

Finished first day of actual work in my part time job. It's at an automotive repair shop specializing in oil changes. I have no experience working on cars or very much experience working with tools or extensive manual labor. The shop was willing to train me though and hired me since I was willing to work weekends and they didn't have many people. Weekends seem to be when they're most busy. I think I'm going to hate weekends.

My feet are sore and I'm pretty tired. I'm so new at the job that I basically have no idea what to do unless directed. The feeling of just not knowing quite what the hell I'm doing is the worst part of the job so far. I can physically feel how I'm slowing everyone else down because I'm so new. And there's the risk of messing up work on someone's car. So that's a bit stressful.

At least I'm getting paid though. And I can say I actually have had a damn job now. And I have newfound respect for time when I'm not at work now. Shame I won't have weekends anymore though. But still, job.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #110176 on: February 11, 2017, 09:59:17 pm »

I'm so new at the job that I basically have no idea what to do unless directed. The feeling of just not knowing quite what the hell I'm doing is the worst part of the job so far. I can physically feel how I'm slowing everyone else down because I'm so new. And there's the risk of messing up work
True of every new job ever. You're better than you think.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #110177 on: February 11, 2017, 10:45:45 pm »

I'm so new at the job that I basically have no idea what to do unless directed. The feeling of just not knowing quite what the hell I'm doing is the worst part of the job so far. I can physically feel how I'm slowing everyone else down because I'm so new. And there's the risk of messing up work
I hope I'm better than I think. At the time I thought I was doing pretty awful at everything.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #110178 on: February 11, 2017, 11:03:53 pm »

I hope I'm better than I think. At the time I thought I was doing pretty awful at everything.
As long as you're improving, you'll be alright.

Also, for those complaining about nationality. Obviously the word "Scottish" is replaceable with whatever you are.

Also note it's probably sweary, given it's from Trainspotting.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #110179 on: February 11, 2017, 11:55:18 pm »

Starting steps are always the hardest, because of both unfamiliarty and otherwise--the D: feelings we get could be more from our confidence, but that's pretty normal, this uncertainty and ensuing fear/other.
You are better than you think. :) If someone cares about the others around them like that, and with emphasis on productivity, it's a telling trait of yourself.

...Reminds me of my OJT. I'm having a blast but it was confusing in the first days and I worried a lot about messing up. XD

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #110180 on: February 13, 2017, 05:02:51 pm »

Our family's pet conure is gone. We had him for around six and a half years. He was a feisty little guy, but he could be sweet when it counted. He absolutely loved my father, and died in his arms. He opened his eyes one last time and looked at Dad before it was over.

I'm going to miss him.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110181 on: February 13, 2017, 05:03:46 pm »

*hugs Tawa*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110182 on: February 13, 2017, 07:58:51 pm »

Failed at valentine's day.  Again.  Probably because I can't act like anything beyond the mere facade of a person, or perhaps because most herd animals can produce something more attractive by pushing out manure.

Only a woman with utter mental deficiencies could remotely like me.  Probably because to her my head would look like a nice tomato, than anything resembling reason or likable human qualities.  There's always someone better, always will be.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110183 on: February 13, 2017, 08:08:31 pm »

And instead of pride with have Inat, which has no word in English but, as one source on the internet describes it:
Probably the least wordy English version of the word is “deliberately cutting off your nose to spite your face,” although a more elegant definition I have seen is “defiance for the sake of defiance rather than to achieve a long-term goal.”

"Hubris" probably.

Hubris describes a personality quality of extreme or foolish pride or dangerous over-confidence. In its ancient Greek context, it typically describes behavior that defies the norms of behavior or challenges the gods, and which in turn brings about the downfall, or nemesis, of the perpetrator of hubris.
Examples of hubris are often found in literature, most famously in Paradise Lost: John Milton's depiction of Lucifer (who attempts to force the other angels to worship him, is cast down to hell by God and the innocent angels, and proclaims: "Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.")

Although "Hubris" is less used nowadays. We say "Trump" in the more modern usage.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #110184 on: February 13, 2017, 08:16:56 pm »

Baci hurts badly :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110185 on: February 13, 2017, 08:21:37 pm »

@MrRoboto:*hugs*

*platonically*

I don't believe a word of that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110186 on: February 13, 2017, 08:38:53 pm »

There's always someone better, always will be.
I mean, this is true of everyone. No point in letting it get you down.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #110187 on: February 13, 2017, 09:09:56 pm »

I'm hoping that being buried alive under my work will make me forget that it's Valentine's day. I don't think it will, but one has to have some hope.

"Hubris" probably.
Hubris describes a personality quality of extreme or foolish pride or dangerous over-confidence. In its ancient Greek context, it typically describes behavior that defies the norms of behavior or challenges the gods, and which in turn brings about the downfall, or nemesis, of the perpetrator of hubris.
Examples of hubris are often found in literature, most famously in Paradise Lost: John Milton's depiction of Lucifer (who attempts to force the other angels to worship him, is cast down to hell by God and the innocent angels, and proclaims: "Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.")
Although "Hubris" is less used nowadays. We say "Trump" in the more modern usage.
Oh no. Perhaps I haven't explained properly. Hubris is the sin of the man with power. Inat is the sin of the man without it. This is where people say that foreigners don't understand: It's not "I am and deserve to be powerful, strong, successful." That's Russia you are perhaps thinking of. Serbia is "I know that doing this is going to hurt me too. I'm going to do it anyway. Why? Because fuck you." Full realization of the consequences is necessary. It is a self-aware expression of spite and self-destruction.

It's why the single most important and famous battle in Serbian history ended in the destruction of both armies, strategic defeat, and the death of the generals commanding both sides. It's why Gavrilo Princip is a national hero. I mean really, a hero! Serbia lost more of its population, proportionally, than any other country in the war; and the only one to suffer more civilian than military casualties. And Princip is a hero.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110188 on: February 13, 2017, 10:22:51 pm »

To all the sad people who are sad due to lacking the Loving:

Valentines Day candy will be on sale.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #110189 on: February 13, 2017, 10:34:22 pm »

You also don't have the obligation of finding an overpriced card and other overpriced "romantic" things.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 7344 7345 [7346] 7347 7348 ... 8168