Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7342 7343 [7344] 7345 7346 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9511619 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110145 on: February 09, 2017, 12:37:59 pm »

I guess "caught a cold" would be more accurate in this context. Don't worry about me, people, I'll be alright.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110147 on: February 09, 2017, 10:41:12 pm »

How did the fruit cocktail make you sick, though? Are you allergic?
It probably had something to do with the freezing -20 Celsius temperatures combined with a wind that felt even colder.

Because the cocktail itself was cold too, and no, I'm not allergic at all.

And now if you excuse me, I will go and eat some Japanese food and pretend this day never happened.
But cold cocktails don't make you sick. Viruses do.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC, the reason why they spread so much in winter is less vigor from the sun (and thus less sunvitamins), less exercise and more people cooped up together where viruses can spread through their slightly weakened immune systems, not the cold weather.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #110148 on: February 09, 2017, 11:17:08 pm »

Generator has stopped working again. This time it will run the engine, but no power goes to any of the outlets, and we've yet to figure out why. No lights, no computer, dead in the water.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #110149 on: February 10, 2017, 01:19:42 am »

Oouch. Good luck, man.

As expected, the state of the nation address last night was (and I do not say this lightly) an absolute shitshow. Trump violates the US constitution with weird decisions, Zuma violates the SA constitution with military police armed with assault weapons in Parliament (anyone with a passing understanding of Afripol will, I'm sure, understand why having the military in Parliament is strictly forbidden).

The entire thing was a debacle on several levels.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110150 on: February 10, 2017, 04:58:33 am »

Can't sleep. Can't control my dreams. Intrusive thoughts. Can't sleep.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #110151 on: February 10, 2017, 12:56:55 pm »

Rather minor, but my set of vintage Star Trek:TMP blueprints is in considerably worse shape than I had realized. I've been meaning to have the things framed for years, but never got around to it. The really sad thing is that the damage isn't from any mistreatment or error on my part, but caused by them spending the vast majority of the last thirty-five years (after my dad took them off his wall when he got married) neatly folded in their original package - if I'd just stuck them on the wall with pins they'd have been fine except for a couple of tiny holes.

I decided to just put some masking tape on the back to hold them together and stick them on the wall with those new poster-hanging strips they sell nowadays.

Now, if I could only find a big poster of the Star Empire-class dreadnought (from the original Franz Joseph technical manual, seen briefly on a display screen in TMP and featuring heavily in the Star Fleet Universe games) that would be a nice decoration.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 12:59:04 pm by Lord Shonus »
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #110152 on: February 10, 2017, 04:03:30 pm »

I'm facing a serious conundrum regarding a girl I have a crush on. I can't provide any real details, but suffice it to say I'm getting really mixed signals regarding whether my unspoken feelings are reciprocated or whether she actually likes a totally different guy and I've misinterpreted everything I thought was aimed at me.

Can anybody recommend a good way to just get my mind on something else? I can't really resolve this issue until next Monday and try as I might I can't stop thinking about this through willpower alone.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110153 on: February 10, 2017, 04:11:05 pm »

Can anybody recommend a good way to just get my mind on something else? I can't really resolve this issue until next Monday and try as I might I can't stop thinking about this through willpower alone.

I feel you. When I need to think about something else I spend some time exercising, cook for everyone, do some yard work, whatever. So long as it requires at least some level of attention and isn't purely cerebral it'll probably do the job for you well enough.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #110154 on: February 10, 2017, 07:57:58 pm »

Well, I managed to focus on Europa Universalis IV for 3 and a half hours, but the moment I put the game down my mind immediately turned back to today's events.

At the very least, I'm not angry at myself or overtly sad, as I was before; I'm mostly just really, really confused why she's into that guy, of all people--I'm acquainted with both, and they have nothing in common.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #110155 on: February 10, 2017, 08:32:19 pm »

Well I'm an expert in ignoring problems, so I'll add recommendations for things like music, Youtube, really anything mindless. The point is really to just shove yourself at something. That doesn't work? Drop it. Do something else. Keep switching. Browse. Whatever. Even if you don't' find anything, the process itself will keep you busy (although it's a process not unlike being depressed).

Go get dinner or something. Do work. Clean. Really, the options are unlimited. I know quite well that unlimited options does not equal a good option, but you have to keep your eyes out for something that can grab you for a while.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #110156 on: February 11, 2017, 04:51:59 am »

There's been no pride in being an American for about as long as I've been alive, but at least before it wasn't quite as prevalent. I'm starting to think that all humans are awful, and it's just where you draw the line and/or where your own knowledge ends that makes some people not seem awful.

My cough's getting worse, and I just had a fit strong enough that I puked a little.

I've been broke for a while and I'm heartily sick of it, I think my interview went well but I'm kinda hoping they don't call me back tomorrow morning (read: in a few hours). I'm nervous in any new situation and I was really hoping I'd get hired at a grocery store, not another fast food place.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110157 on: February 11, 2017, 09:27:19 am »

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but...maybe you shouldn't be picky?

I mean. You said that you're sick of being broke. Getting hired by anyone would help alleviate that. Even if you do end up working for a fast food place right now, you can always score a grocery store job a few weeks or a few months down the road. Hell, the fast food place probably wouldn't even care much if you did; they're probably used to high turnover :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #110158 on: February 11, 2017, 10:50:41 am »

I'm starting to think it's completely impossible to learn languages for free, and even if it's possible, it would be much, much longer than just hiring a private teacher.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110159 on: February 11, 2017, 10:52:42 am »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 7342 7343 [7344] 7345 7346 ... 8168