Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7325 7326 [7327] 7328 7329 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9480294 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109890 on: January 11, 2017, 04:59:23 pm »

So I've been trying to write a resignation letter/message of sorts for almost two weeks now. It's for a FB group I've been helping to run for the past, oh three years I think. Despite falling out with certain people and never really being close with the others I've been there trough thick and thin and tried to do what I could to provide people with something I've never really had when I needed it most(that is, a group of like minded art folk from the region and a place for them to exchange ideas, art and generally be awkward together). Anyways, we were never too active for the most part since folks are usually busy with whatever, this was especially true in the last four or so months, which combined with certain developments and shifts in direction (or rather, revelations of actual direction that I was unaware of) made me kinda lose the stomach for it. Last month or so I wasn't at all active, which was just as well because it seems nobody really was and nothing of the agenda was actually done, which made me decide that it was time to finally move on. Which brings me to the last dozen or so days and unsuccessful attempts at writing something that doesn't sound phony or jaded as fuck.

At this point I'm tempted to just say KTHNXBYE and leave or just do fuck all as everybody silently gives up on the whole thing :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109891 on: January 11, 2017, 06:06:13 pm »

The guard popped off my shitty Walmart trimmer, and I lost a big chunk of beard. It was unsalvageable, and I had to get rid of the rest. Combined with the fact I got a haircut yesterday I look like a completely different person. A person who is still in High School. It'll be at least a couple of weeks until I have a proper beard again, so I guess I just have to deal with looking like a kid until then.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 07:18:18 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109892 on: January 11, 2017, 06:52:43 pm »

Meh. I dunno. I feel like this is a sad-mad thing. Brother won't hang out with me. Gets angry even when I just ask him once. Honestly, I have no idea if it's just me or if it's because he feels that maybe when he's in the mood he'll do stuff. I'm kinda just done on this whole hanging out thing atm. I have no IRL friends to hang out with. He's really the only person I can hang out with on a reasonable basis. I mean, sure i have one friend, but i rarely see her, so we're really just people who hang out occasionally and get along. I dunno. Meh. Just feel kinda shitty.

EDIT: Also there's the whole 'i spent an afternoon fucking up a perfectly good thread in other games.' I have no idea what I was thinking during that entire time.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109893 on: January 11, 2017, 10:23:45 pm »

The guard popped off my shitty Walmart trimmer, and I lost a big chunk of beard. It was unsalvageable, and I had to get rid of the rest. Combined with the fact I got a haircut yesterday I look like a completely different person. A person who is still in High School. It'll be at least a couple of weeks until I have a proper beard again, so I guess I just have to deal with looking like a kid until then.
I feel your pain man, I started using electrical tape around my razor guards after I was detained for 3 hours because non of my IDs looked liked me. Not mention I went from rugged outdoorsmen to high schooler for a week.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #109894 on: January 12, 2017, 12:26:12 am »

Anyway. TL;DR: Stupid bull shit I'll probably delete.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #109895 on: January 12, 2017, 03:21:05 am »

Stayed up too late again. Going to sleep now. If you ever think to yourself that you should stop looking at the internet and go to sleep because it's getting late and you are doing nothing important, do that, rather than what I do which is continuing to do bullshit.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109896 on: January 12, 2017, 04:20:40 am »

*hugs chaotic skies*

I don't have much advice here other than...Lying to yourself is a bad idea.  Stay safe and I hope things get better for you.

@Spehss_:Yeah, goto sleep.  *hugs*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109897 on: January 12, 2017, 04:23:27 am »

*hugs again, just to be sure*

Good to hear you're feeling better though.
Thanks! I think tomorrow should cheer me up quite a bit. Party times ahoy.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109898 on: January 12, 2017, 12:17:04 pm »

My sad: The ACA/Obamacare is on the road to destruction.

Chaotic_skies: Why are you referring to your girlfriend as your family? If she is lying to you (I'm not saying she is) about things like that, and shows no sign of changing, wouldn't it be better to find someone who you can actually trust? Do you believe, like I do, that trust is vital to any long term romantic relationship?

It's also possible that your friends are distancing themselves from you because of your gf, for whatever reason. You'd have to ask them and hope they're willing to be honest with you about their reasons.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109899 on: January 12, 2017, 12:44:36 pm »

I am sorry if I'm intruding, but is, uh, the rape bit, something that you can dismiss casually because somebody else with possible vested interest told you so? Would she lie about that kind of thing, to her boyfriend, of all people? I seriously don't know your life or whatever, but this would be MAX CONCERN - territory for me, whether she's actually telling the truth or not. Somebody here is lying to you, and it's no good either way.

I'm very... uncomfortable with making definitive statements off of little information, but like, abuse and trauma resulting from abuse are real things that exist. And make people behave seemingly odd/irrational sometimes. This is something to be considered carefully, not dismissed as instantly implausible.

Anyway, good luck, I guess? I am just an internet stranger rando, after all.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109900 on: January 12, 2017, 12:58:47 pm »

Other sad: I actually had to look up the zero wing intro transcript to make that reference because that's how fucked my memory is right now
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #109901 on: January 12, 2017, 03:07:46 pm »

Welp, I cought a cold of some sort, think It's my usual winter fare, it's not serious enough to warrant any changes in routine or medicinal actions but it's strong and persistent enough to be a fucking nuisance. Constantly runny and clogged up nose, a dull headache that doesn't really go away and a somewhat sore throat (it does give me a pretty nice and raspy voice tho).

Oh well, it'll pass in a few weeks if I'm lucky :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109902 on: January 12, 2017, 03:20:10 pm »

Go around saying "I'M BATMAN"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109903 on: January 12, 2017, 05:24:26 pm »

Today was rough and I am exhausted.

Also you'd think that after nearly two weeks of rainfall, all the idiots who don't know how to drive in the rain would have either learned or killed themselves off. Instead, they appear to be multiplying.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109904 on: January 12, 2017, 05:30:34 pm »

Today was rough and I am exhausted.

Also you'd think that after nearly two weeks of rainfall, all the idiots who don't know how to drive in the rain would have either learned or killed themselves off. Instead, they appear to be multiplying.

At least you don't live up in the mountains. If you want to go anywhere, you've got idiots who don't know how to drive in snow. As well as really slow traffic.
Pages: 1 ... 7325 7326 [7327] 7328 7329 ... 8167