Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7314 7315 [7316] 7317 7318 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9487488 times)

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109725 on: December 27, 2016, 08:06:50 pm »

Iji is a good game! I quite enjoyed it.

IKR :D
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109726 on: December 27, 2016, 11:20:37 pm »

Not much to add to that except that it has a ton of replayability/secrets, doesn't punish you for being violent or pacifist, and is very sad indeed at times.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #109727 on: December 28, 2016, 03:37:51 am »

i can't sleep

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109728 on: December 28, 2016, 03:45:34 am »

Yeah huh it's getting close to 4AM, how about that.  I thought I'd sleep better here at home, but I'm so glad to be with my computer again.  Sunless Sea woo woo!

(Though half the time was watching music videos and catching up on chats/posts.  Keyboards are the bestest.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109729 on: December 28, 2016, 09:58:13 am »

I've gotten so much better at ignoring all my problems, but that isn't going to make them go away.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109730 on: December 28, 2016, 09:19:49 pm »

Another one bites the dust!
Both famous person and someone I know. Hell, I might start believing in this cursed 2016 stuff. If only it went back a few months of 2015, and I'd be fucking sure.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109731 on: December 28, 2016, 10:24:41 pm »

Honestly, we're probably in for at least as many famous people dying this year as last year. Right now is when all the baby boomers are getting in that 65-70 year range where people start to die off, and there are a lot of famous baby boomers.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109732 on: December 29, 2016, 01:33:35 am »

So Carrie Fisher suffered a heart attack midflight and is in critical condition.

Posted here because though I'm not emptionally invested I dont like people having health problems.

In the end she didn't make it. Not a complete surprise as things were looking grim by what little info was leaked. :(

http://people.com/movies/carrie-fisher-dies/

EDIT:
Looking back, it's kind of a grim coincidence that both she and Peter Cushing were played by CGI in Rogue One :(
And now Debby Reynolds, CFs mother, has died as well...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109733 on: December 29, 2016, 05:05:59 am »

The 500 richest people in the world saw their capital grow by 228 billion euros over the course of 2016
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109734 on: December 29, 2016, 05:08:30 am »

The 500 richest people in the world saw their capital grow by 228 billion euros over the course of 2016
That's just...They don't need that money.  Whyyy...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109735 on: December 29, 2016, 05:31:43 am »

Because capitalism! How dare you question the invisible hand of the market when it takes from you and gives to someone who already has more money they can ever spend!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109736 on: December 29, 2016, 06:41:23 am »

NYE is just around the corner. Now, this is a far nicer and less-stressful holiday than Christmas, but this particular year I have three events/parties that I am supposed to be attending, and all of them I imagine would be most enjoyable. There are different friends going to all three of them, too.

Seems that no matter what I do, someone's going to be tragically deprived of my company... and I will miss out on opportunities for party times, new friendships and/or romance. And, all of these main options I have expressed at least some enthusiasm for to the friends attending.
Some of them, as far as I am aware, are fully expecting me to come along. Gaaah. :-[
Booze is Life for Yoink

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109737 on: December 29, 2016, 07:11:12 am »

NYE is just around the corner. Now, this is a far nicer and less-stressful holiday than Christmas, but this particular year I have three events/parties that I am supposed to be attending, and all of them I imagine would be most enjoyable. There are different friends going to all three of them, too.

Seems that no matter what I do, someone's going to be tragically deprived of my company... and I will miss out on opportunities for party times, new friendships and/or romance. And, all of these main options I have expressed at least some enthusiasm for to the friends attending.
Some of them, as far as I am aware, are fully expecting me to come along. Gaaah. :-[
Are they within easy transport distance of one another?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109738 on: December 29, 2016, 08:38:01 am »

My wife's uncle died yesterday. He never woke up of surgery. Don't know the details but it seems his lungs were necrosed or something. This fucking year has been the worst so far.

To top it all my car battery died and it will cost me arround two months of paychecks to replace it, so we are grounded at home. My wife is recovering from a tumor extraction surgery on her breast and with rampant insecurity and lack of cash (see the news for Venezuela's current cash crisis) public transport is a no-no.

So my mother offer us a ride to where the uncle's body is gonne be, only to arrive here with her husband and tell me she can only get us halfway and drop us there to get a cab or bus from there.

Only that they both knew I have no cash and the place where she is planing to drop us is the most dangerous in the route... so yeah thank you so much for nothing. If she had said they had things to do and couldn't give us a ride I would have understood. Why the need to say yes, only to change their mind and waste both their and our time.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 09:05:21 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109739 on: December 29, 2016, 08:42:09 am »

Are they within easy transport distance of one another?
Well, two of them are, but those both have paid entry and I'm not about to pay for two events when I'm barely going to see much of them. :-\

I'm not even sure how to rank the three events in terms of importance. Ugh.
Although one of them might increase or decrease in such by then, who knows. Although then it might be too late to get a ticket to either!
...That would actually make my life a lot simpler, but then of course I would immediately realise that one of those was, in fact, the most vital event of my entire life and I was a fool to miss it.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 08:44:51 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 7314 7315 [7316] 7317 7318 ... 8167