Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7310 7311 [7312] 7313 7314 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9488134 times)

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109665 on: December 24, 2016, 12:06:03 pm »

From um... scientific view (?) it seems that our bodies produce less serotonin in winter so we are more prone to depression...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #109666 on: December 24, 2016, 01:38:40 pm »

Sick on christmas eve.

.                  .

I s'pose it could have been worse than a cold (or uh, very mild flu, not sure), but THIS GODDAMN TIMING. The worst part of it overlaps perfectly with today, so from this point on, it'll likely get better. And then tomorrow uncle visits us, and then the day after, christmas lunchings. Perfect opportunities to infect more hapless souls with the Badly Timed Cold(tm). >.>

Two years back I got stomach 'flu or something. Stupendously contagious (I got it off my uncle while staying with him) so I missed Christmas, but still passed it to my mum and her boyfriend before I left after staying with them over the holidays.

Nasty one since I couldn't eat anything over two or three days for fear it would disturb the illness (I spent a great deal of time in the bathroom anyway) so my Christmas dinner consisted of salted crisps/chips and a raspberry coconut chocolate bar.

The first day fever I had did result in me seriously considering whether the effort it would take to get out of bed and walk 20 feet to pee would be more difficult to deal with than peeing myself in the bed, partly because other people were using the bathroom at the time.

A close run thing, but I decided to get up.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109667 on: December 24, 2016, 02:02:25 pm »

*hugs everybody*

I wish I could give more than just internet-hugs.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109668 on: December 24, 2016, 02:44:49 pm »

Anyone has an idea what could I do?
Spending Christmas alone, don't have anywhere to go, my computer is dead enough to prevent from doing anything really... I'm not sure what could I do. I just sit and play shitty games on my mobile stuff but that's getting boring. Don't really have a book to read. TV is shit. Eh, I just don't know.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109669 on: December 24, 2016, 03:24:34 pm »

Do you have any money?
Regardless of the answer, I think the first step should be to go for a walk and see what's happening in Kot-town. Get a little bit inebriated before hand if possible- if you're spending Christmas alone that means there's no-one there to guard the liquor cabinet from you, correct?
Listen to some music on the way if you like. Walks can be great even without musical accompaniment, though.

With a bit of luck you will encounter someone else in the same boat! Who might even sell you something to combat the issue Samuel mentioned, you never know eh?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109670 on: December 24, 2016, 03:47:32 pm »

@Kot:Explore!  See what's going on in your neighborhood for Christmas!  Maybe if your neighbors are nice you can drop by their house!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109671 on: December 24, 2016, 03:50:01 pm »

@Kot:Explore!  See what's going on in your neighborhood for Christmas!  Maybe if your neighbors are nice you can drop by their house!
Do this. I don't really pay much attention but there's usually all sorts of community stuff going on on Christmas Day.
Probably even free food, but at the very least someone to have a chinwag with.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109672 on: December 24, 2016, 04:29:37 pm »

Do you have any money?
All shops closed. Like, everything, even the gas stations. It's Christmas, after all.
Regardless of the answer, I think the first step should be to go for a walk and see what's happening in Kot-town. Get a little bit inebriated before hand if possible- if you're spending Christmas alone that means there's no-one there to guard the liquor cabinet from you, correct?
What liquor cabinet? And I doubt I would find anyone apart from drunks. Not that they are bad (provided they have no hostile intents), but I don't think that a guy lying in a ditch is a very entertaining company.
Also it's cold outside, and I'm not a great fan of taking walks for the walk, I need a reason to do so. And I have no destination to head to.
Listen to some music on the way if you like. Walks can be great even without musical accompaniment, though.
Headphone jack broken on my phone since at least two years.
With a bit of luck you will encounter someone else in the same boat!
That person would have to be really miserable. I'd rather stay in and stare at the wall than run into someone who is about as likely to rob me as he is to be completly and utterly drunk.
Wouldn't count on that. Christmas is a family holiday after all, I have some pieces of dignity left to not go beg. I mean, holy shit, that's like the lowest you could get, go bother other people on Christmas.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109673 on: December 24, 2016, 04:40:53 pm »

No no no, there's usually a variety of community events going on in most places. Food-eating-gathering things, barbecues, the like.
It's not going to "bother other people", they want people to attend. I mean, obviously googling this sort of thing in your area would probably be helpful, but even just wandering you'd possibly find something. As long as it's not truly freaking apocalyptically cold where you are, I guess.

And as
What liquor cabinet? And I doubt I would find anyone apart from drunks. Not that they are bad (provided they have no hostile intents), but I don't think that a guy lying in a ditch is a very entertaining company.
See? Right now you're being part of the problem. If more of us sad and lonely types would get off our arses and go for a stroll on Christmas Day we'd have far more chance of finding someone to talk to, y'know? Hell, there are probably droves of them out there right now, having deep-'n'-meaningfuls, forming life-long friendships and generally having a grand old time.

Also, walks are nice, how can you not like walks?
I can understand not having to walk outside with people around and the constant threat of interacting with them, but the walk itself? Jeez.

Honestly, I just don't think sitting around at home looking for ways to cheer yourself up is going to help much. At the very least going for a decent walk will be a bit of nice, endorphin-releasing exercise to tire you out a bit. Also, the drug shop never closes, mang.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #109674 on: December 24, 2016, 04:42:24 pm »

My family is apparently broke again. Some surprise bill/loan payment went through and depleted the bank account. So we get to wait until January to do anything.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109675 on: December 24, 2016, 04:58:14 pm »

No no no, there's usually a variety of community events going on in most places. Food-eating-gathering things, barbecues, the like.
It's not going to "bother other people", they want people to attend. I mean, obviously googling this sort of thing in your area would probably be helpful, but even just wandering you'd possibly find something. As long as it's not truly freaking apocalyptically cold where you are, I guess.
That seems a bit too late for this. I mean, I suppose that there are community organized events for homeless people, but even then the homeless people are on the list and you're not really going to get in there without being registered.
As far as food-gathering-helping stuff, that happens a lot before and the gathered food and stuff is delivered to homes of people in need.
Barbecues? In winter? During Christmas? I'm not even sure what you mean, like, outdoor gatherings of people who eat food? Who the fuck exits their home at Christmas to go anywhere other than their family?

See? Right now you're being part of the problem. If more of us sad and lonely types would get off our arses and go for a stroll on Christmas Day we'd have far more chance of finding someone to talk to, y'know? Hell, there are probably droves of them out there right now, having deep-'n'-meaningfuls, forming life-long friendships and generally having a grand old time.
Sure.
Also, walks are nice, how can you not like walks?
I can understand not having to walk outside with people around and the constant threat of interacting with them, but the walk itself? Jeez.
The fuck am I walking for? I mean, I'm not getting anything by it and I'm getting away from home in case something happens, and whatnot. Walks themselves aren't something to enjoy, I mean, sure, if it's a walk with someone to talk to and stuff, but other than that that's just waste of time, energy and everything.
Also it's cold.
Honestly, I just don't think sitting around at home looking for ways to cheer yourself up is going to help much. At the very least going for a decent walk will be a bit of nice, endorphin-releasing exercise to tire you out a bit. Also, the drug shop never closes, mang.
It does.
It's Christmas. The only places I can think of that are (albeit severly understaffed) open are emergency services.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109676 on: December 24, 2016, 05:05:27 pm »

Wasn't talking about pharmacies, you ratbag. :P

That seems a bit too late for this. I mean, I suppose that there are community organized events for homeless people, but even then the homeless people are on the list and you're not really going to get in there without being registered.
As far as food-gathering-helping stuff, that happens a lot before and the gathered food and stuff is delivered to homes of people in need.
Barbecues? In winter? During Christmas? I'm not even sure what you mean, like, outdoor gatherings of people who eat food? Who the fuck exits their home at Christmas to go anywhere other than their family?
Are you sure? Most places I've been tend to have at least one open-entry Christmas event-type thing with free food.
Yeah, outdoor/indoor gatherings of people who eat food. And presumably talk. I'm operating off secondhand information here, never been to one of those things myself but apparently they're off chop. It's a shame you don't like walking. I guess that kinda makes convincing you to go out in search of adventure even more difficult than it would be normally.

Believe me, if there was some sort of pizza-style booze-'n-drugs delivery service I would spend some of my precious money to cheer you up.
Probably a good idea to do some googling and see if there is anything open despite it being Christmas. Maybe a liquor store run by filthy heathen immigrants who don't celebrate our glorious Christian holiday?
Booze is Life for Yoink

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109677 on: December 24, 2016, 05:09:18 pm »

If you want something to do, maybe there's a church service or something going on?

I mean, it would be torture for me, but if I were bored enough I'd probably go.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109678 on: December 24, 2016, 05:09:34 pm »

Spent the day with most of our family together, and I got to see my brother I haven't seen in a while. That's a happy.

Our plans to go see dad this christmas got cancelled.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109679 on: December 24, 2016, 05:17:55 pm »

Wasn't talking about pharmacies, you ratbag. :P
I don't do that, don't have contact and even if, it's... still fucking christmas. People spend it at home.

Are you sure? Most places I've been tend to have at least one open-entry Christmas event-type thing with free food.
Yeah, outdoor/indoor gatherings of people who eat food. And presumably talk. I'm operating off secondhand information here, never been to one of those things myself but apparently they're off chop. It's a shame you don't like walking. I guess that kinda makes convincing you to go out in search of adventure even more difficult than it would be normally.
I actually started to look for such stuff on internet. It's... not really. I've found that such things apparently happen today in like three cities in Poland, none of them close to me, and the rest usually happens few days before.

Believe me, if there was some sort of pizza-style booze-'n-drugs delivery service I would spend some of my precious money to cheer you up.
Probably a good idea to do some googling and see if there is anything open despite it being Christmas. Maybe a liquor store run by filthy heathen immigrants who don't celebrate our glorious Christian holiday?
It would be closed. And there's a law that forbids people from having shops open on holidays (usually the country ones, but Christmas is one of those that is on the list, IIRC) for whatever reason.

Eh, yeah, I suppose I just like to be miserable. I would maybe walk to someplace where they run such event but then... that's... the lowest I would get. I have some pieces of dignity left, I wouldn't just go like a fucking homeless beggar loser to get free food or... I mean, God Emperor, that's low.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 05:19:57 pm by Kot »
Pages: 1 ... 7310 7311 [7312] 7313 7314 ... 8167