Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7306 7307 [7308] 7309 7310 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473883 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109605 on: December 17, 2016, 12:14:43 am »

It wasn't in just one day or anything, this has been over about a month plus some. I've been taking one to three a day. Also, I'm allergic to ibuprofen.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #109606 on: December 17, 2016, 12:19:25 am »

Ah. The way you said it (plus personal experience on how little back pain responds to OTC painkillers) made it sound like you were going through it much faster, and a lot of people aren't aware of the potential dangers of acetaminophen.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #109607 on: December 17, 2016, 12:22:45 am »

I was raised on "You can have half a tablet if you really need it" so it's been drilled into my head that even little painkillers are dangerous. :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109608 on: December 17, 2016, 02:03:04 am »

Paracetamol has little antiinflammatory effect, which means less pain relief. Are there other nsaids that you aren't allergic to?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109609 on: December 17, 2016, 02:50:39 am »

*hugs ChairmanPoo*

I'm sorry for your loss.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #109610 on: December 17, 2016, 11:52:51 am »

« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 02:32:28 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109611 on: December 17, 2016, 12:08:26 pm »

Trump has been far more moderate on LGBT rights than many Republicans ― perhaps a reflection of his cosmopolitan, socially liberal upbringing. And it would be an abrupt about-face for him to take this advice after repeatedly criticizing Hillary Clinton for not standing up further to countries that didn’t have strong records on LGBT rights.

Indeed, after this article was published, Trump’s transition team released a statement expressing strong opposition to the Family Research Council’s appeal.

“President-elect Trump campaigned on a message of unity in order to bring all Americans together. To think that discrimination of any kind will be condoned or tolerated in a Trump Administration is simply absurd,” Trump spokesman Jason Miller said.

It pretty much says there won't be.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109612 on: December 17, 2016, 12:13:36 pm »

Sadly, his actions (cabinet/VP picks) speak louder than his words.  He contradicts himself too much on various issues for the above to give me any hope at all.
(Specifically, my guess would be that he doesn't care about LGBT.  But his picks do.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109613 on: December 17, 2016, 01:08:36 pm »

Whatever. The point is, it's unlikely. All that article says is what "Family First," or whatever it was called, wants.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109614 on: December 17, 2016, 01:24:34 pm »

Speak as if they read that far.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109615 on: December 17, 2016, 01:33:28 pm »

Okay yeah, to be fair, the article is really about some un-notable "research council".  It's not like Trump is actually promising anything, here.

Except that his pick for State Department is Rex Tillerson.  Who seems to agree with this "research council" about... ugh... the LGBT agenda:
http://www.advocate.com/politics/2016/12/17/will-rex-tillerson-fire-all-lgbt-employees-state-department

There's some sensationalism going on, but Trump's picks are actually really scary.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109616 on: December 17, 2016, 02:39:45 pm »

“I certainly don’t see Tillerson cut from the same cloth as [Hillary] Clinton or [John] Kerry, but he doesn’t have to be for these anti-life, liberal social policies to continue,” said a statement that appears to be written by the group’s president, Tony Perkins. “He must have the courage to stop the promotion of this anti-family, anti-life agenda...”

I did not know that Barack Obama was Darkseid.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109617 on: December 17, 2016, 04:10:09 pm »

Around ten minutes ago, I encountered a homeless man on my way home. It was in the middle of the train station Iuse to commute every day. I went past him and approached a vending machine in order to buy somethibg to eat (I have eaten last time  yesterday), when he came over to me. He asked for me to buy him hot tea on the machine, because he was homeless, cold, he had this packet of this bread and you know, it's nearing christmas. I felt bad for him, and decided to fund him his tea. To make sure he didnt use iy to buy liquor I directly bought him that tea. That is, I tried to. The machine swallowed the coin, paying back the amount minus tea price (i opted for the more expensive raspberry tra for him -  he seemed a solid enough chap.

Sadly, no tea was given. We tried a few things to get the man his tea, but to no avail. I apologized and tried to walk away, but the homeless man asked about his tea. A different man approached (I think he was employed by the station) and staryed helping us without a word. The hobo was getting angry and started hitting the machine. I again tried to leave. This time the hobo shoutef "What about that tea, you promised, buy me my tea!" I didn't want anything to do with this and simply shoved twice the amount the tea cost in his hand and walked to my train. I am writing this whilst riding the train home and the incident happened 18 or so minutes ago.

I was left wondering whats the point of charity if the charitable are taken advantage of by conniving gits?

Are you sure that this specific incident wasn't a prank?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109618 on: December 17, 2016, 06:58:23 pm »

So a couple years back, the family dog moved over to a different state with my parents, who were moving due to employment shenanigans. I stayed here to finish my degree. Over the years, being there wasn't exactly good for him; I'll spare you the details, but he was getting old, and ended up developing bone cancer. I was hoping he'd hang on until I got a chance to visit, but.... well, got the call this morning. He didn't. I'm supposed to fly out tomorrow. One fucking day. I missed him by one fucking day.

And I was already still trying to get past my best friend's death back in September. I guess... at least the little guy's in good company. She really liked that dog, hopefully they're having fun together now.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109619 on: December 17, 2016, 07:02:14 pm »

:-[
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 7306 7307 [7308] 7309 7310 ... 8167