Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7305 7306 [7307] 7308 7309 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476035 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109590 on: December 16, 2016, 06:59:09 am »

I didn't say anything for Kot to try - you probably meant Martinuzz?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109591 on: December 16, 2016, 08:30:37 am »

Around ten minutes ago, I encountered a homeless man on my way home. It was in the middle of the train station Iuse to commute every day. I went past him and approached a vending machine in order to buy somethibg to eat (I have eaten last time  yesterday), when he came over to me. He asked for me to buy him hot tea on the machine, because he was homeless, cold, he had this packet of this bread and you know, it's nearing christmas. I felt bad for him, and decided to fund him his tea. To make sure he didnt use iy to buy liquor I directly bought him that tea. That is, I tried to. The machine swallowed the coin, paying back the amount minus tea price (i opted for the more expensive raspberry tra for him -  he seemed a solid enough chap.

Sadly, no tea was given. We tried a few things to get the man his tea, but to no avail. I apologized and tried to walk away, but the homeless man asked about his tea. A different man approached (I think he was employed by the station) and staryed helping us without a word. The hobo was getting angry and started hitting the machine. I again tried to leave. This time the hobo shoutef "What about that tea, you promised, buy me my tea!" I didn't want anything to do with this and simply shoved twice the amount the tea cost in his hand and walked to my train. I am writing this whilst riding the train home and the incident happened 18 or so minutes ago.

I was left wondering whats the point of charity if the charitable are taken advantage of by conniving gits?
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #109592 on: December 16, 2016, 09:15:29 am »

O boy, my feels are taking a pounding today, but thankfully it's positive in nature; we're leaving folk high school tomorrow, and saying goodbye to friends is never easy (i'm apparently not the only one who was on the verge of tears). At least we can stay in contact via the wonders of modern technology. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #109593 on: December 16, 2016, 01:17:09 pm »

Got enticed by friends into buying a console for some team based fps and I think I'm going to have to stop to avoid the stress. After all their talk none of them are team players and I don't enjoy this kind of game without. Fed up with listening to them moan about enemy tanks while unwilling to swap classes and help me take them out. There are some decent players I met through the game, but I don't want to abandon real friends just to get a few decent matches.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109594 on: December 16, 2016, 01:32:42 pm »

Take control. RP. Loudly call them maggots and order them to follow your orders.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109595 on: December 16, 2016, 01:34:02 pm »

Take control. RP. Loudly call them maggots and order them to follow your orders.
Ha!

That might even actually work.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109596 on: December 16, 2016, 01:52:30 pm »

Ugh, head is buzzing, cant comprehend code at all, not to even talk about understanding arrays for those dialogues , not a single line written, nothing achieved in free time this day.  :-\

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #109597 on: December 16, 2016, 01:59:11 pm »

Confidently taking command actually works surprisingly well to forge a team out of a bunch of randoms. Unless they're really belligerent, most people are quite happy to do what's suggested.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109598 on: December 16, 2016, 02:12:40 pm »

had a terrible day at work, which was one-upped by getting told as I was leaving that my grandmother had kicked the bucket  >:(

(I get angry rather than sad by default)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #109599 on: December 16, 2016, 02:15:37 pm »

Man, that's horrible. You have my condolences, for what they're worth. :-\

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109600 on: December 16, 2016, 02:28:36 pm »

thanks man
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109601 on: December 16, 2016, 02:28:54 pm »

My condoleances. I hope she gave you fond memories to cherish.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109602 on: December 16, 2016, 04:37:43 pm »

You have my condolences too, ChairmanPoo.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #109603 on: December 16, 2016, 11:50:47 pm »

I've almost used the entire first bottle of tylenol, of the two-pack store-brand shit I got. I honestly can't tell if my back is getting better. Fucking worthless insurance people. I just want to sleep in my bed again. Muscle spasms are the worst and I would take back whatever it is I did that caused this.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #109604 on: December 16, 2016, 11:56:33 pm »

Switch to ibuprofen immediately. If you've gone through an entire bottle in a very short period of time, you are almost certainly on the edge of a potentially fatal acetaminophen overdose.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 7305 7306 [7307] 7308 7309 ... 8167