Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7299 7300 [7301] 7302 7303 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9477971 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109500 on: December 08, 2016, 12:59:02 am »

I just found out what a "closed FB group" is and I don't like it.
Ugh :V
Just remember here when Facebook became our unofficial official bulletin board. Closed groups are 'groups you can't search for on facebook' but can be added to by any member (depending on the admin setting)--you can easily leave by checking the notifications area [the button on its left, forgot the name]; it's one of the options under the scrolldown (which isn't obvious, unless you're generally checking that section in the top right). Depending on your FB settings, you'll also have automatic notifications which can be toggled on and off in said bar. (ie Possible spam in your email/phone, depending on what you connect with and have in your notification settings, about every tiny notification :v)

Back to that unofficial official annoyance--I was invited to a group that I SHOULD HAVE BEEN INVITED TO A YEAR AGO and is a big area where I was hearing about 'updates' and posts, but nobody bothered to invite me or stuff until I directly expressed my confusion other than all the indirect times before. And it was research. >____>
Proof:
[Tiruin] -> Invited 2 minutes ago.
[Literally mostly everyone else + instructors] -> Invited a year ago.
And then I was all :o

That said, I've been very good at actually stopping facebook from grabbing my anything figuratively, so if anyone has queries, just poke me. OR poke your settings in depth, because it's more in there, but the UI is...not helpful and ever-changing without your consent. As far as I know anyway. :^
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 01:12:09 am by Tiruin »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109501 on: December 08, 2016, 01:10:39 am »

So its like one of those secret societies, right?
Makes me wonder if an Illuminati-like spoof group exists on FB, or something. Most likely does.

edit: On a related subject, I wonder if there is a "Fight Club" FB group. But we don't talk about that.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 01:13:52 am by Ultimuh »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109502 on: December 08, 2016, 08:27:47 am »

The only local tiki bar that I know of, and the only tiki bar/luau that I've been to (unless you count the backyard here I guess), is apparently closing down. :(
I shall have to iron my Hawaiian shirts ready to go to their closing-down party.

You're sadly mistaken. Bruce Willis died.
Whaaaat?  *checks*
Oh good it was just a hoax.
That scared the shit out of me for a moment, too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109503 on: December 08, 2016, 09:37:49 am »

Really, I was aiming for a sixth sense joke, but something came up and forgot about it.

I'm kind of surprised on the emotional response about Willis (of all people) though. The guy is about par with Russel Crowe as far as Hollywood douchebags are concerned.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109504 on: December 08, 2016, 09:42:29 am »

CBT?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109505 on: December 08, 2016, 09:54:31 am »

Cognitive behavioral therapy I believe.  Not anything else.

*pats greatorder*

« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 09:56:44 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109506 on: December 08, 2016, 09:56:05 am »

Awh, I made a random guess at "Car Basic Training"

Ah well. There will be other medals to win.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109507 on: December 08, 2016, 10:57:30 am »

*shrug* from what I remember from psychiatry class (in my ever-more-distant student days), cognitive behavioral therapy is among the most successful psychotherapy approaches. Hope it helps.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #109508 on: December 08, 2016, 11:54:37 am »

*shrug* from what I remember from psychiatry class (in my ever-more-distant student days), cognitive behavioral therapy is among the most successful psychotherapy approaches. Hope it helps.
Yes to this. In the least that's what I could agree with from my instructors of 10-20+ years as psychologists from the field, bringing a ton of applied experience and stories for us to prepare and familiarize with.
Also what I recall seems to be a general therapy for many disorders that may interfere with one's daily living.
Cognitive behavioral therapy I believe.  Not anything else.

*pats greatorder*

Yeah. Not like it particularly matters, it's not actually been that useful.
Probably drop a text or any concise message to them about being absent now or next time you meet? :) Communication helps; you could mention that last part to them because there's also follow-up to that in avoiding or preventing it. [Though specifics to 'it' is really difficult to pinpoint :v]

As with all therapies, it's not a one-shot/handful thing :O [Or that's how I read that from my still-very-tired-comprehension despite two days of rest]. It's structured along a continuous design to teach or broaden knowledge for additional techniques in facing things in a place and time where we as individuals are the first to experience either what we've heard or pretty much new things: In our minds. Or at least any feelings and ideas that come to mind from what we sense. Could be summed up in the tiny quote of: "You may meet similar experiences in the future and what you know now can prepare you a lot for that, even if it's not the same." which...could also cover situational occurrences by supporting another mental aspect: thoughts coming to you seemingly randomly to the occasion.
Personally loved reading from Aaron Beck and Albert Ellis x3 But yeah...as someone facing depression which pretty much is intermixed with the ugly anxiety I face weekly...ish (very different between people, even if the categories sound like 'biological/psychological'), wishing you well there greatorder! :D

PPE: Communicate with her .-. Moods affect people by the theme of them. Either communicate or let her cool down then approach her, or ask her why she's :I'y and let her speak out her thoughts.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109509 on: December 08, 2016, 03:12:26 pm »

Don't you get charged for missing appointments without cancelling them?

Awh, I made a random guess at "Car Basic Training"

Ah well. There will be other medals to win.

Cooking Baked Tarts
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109510 on: December 08, 2016, 04:47:46 pm »

fucked twice in one day by broken bullshit in eu4

more angry about it than anything else but alas

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109511 on: December 08, 2016, 05:01:20 pm »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109512 on: December 08, 2016, 05:05:32 pm »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #109513 on: December 08, 2016, 07:15:16 pm »

My neck's feeling better, I only get occasional spasms.

Now it's my right hip. I have trouble putting weight on it i.e. to walk, and if my leg is unsupported it'll twist outwards on its own. I think it's from sleeping in the reclining chair while my neck was fucked. My insurance is lapsed so I'm super nervous about paying for my last hospital visit, let alone another one.

All I wanted was to eat some cheap food and go to bed. I hate literally everything right now.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109514 on: December 08, 2016, 08:38:22 pm »

It's been 8 years and 3 polite but stern reminders (plus one furious WTF)...  I wish my dad would stop opening my mail.  It's only been spam for years, and still.
Also a couple nights ago we had a nice (mutually drunk) chat about classic rock, and I agreed to come for Christmas and also in a few days for Gma's birthday.

I'll do the birthday, sure, but Christmas??  Old Gods NO!  I was under influence of Meat Loaf and Devo nostalgia, that's not fair!
Also he just guilted me over only staying 7 days instead of 9 for thanksgiving, thanks for that.

And my SO doesn't remember how we met, or why that might be a big deal, but I know I've gone way too far talking about my mockery of a relationship.
At least it's bitterly cold, heh...  I honestly like that.  Comforting, bracing.  33F (almost freezing) but why should I run the heat?  Only blankets and sweaters really love me :P  And my friends~

Family and romance are disappointing, what else is new :P
Please don't reply, I'm just venting...  You've all been super supportive already, and I'm alright.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 7299 7300 [7301] 7302 7303 ... 8167