Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7289 7290 [7291] 7292 7293 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9487194 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109350 on: November 30, 2016, 10:29:28 am »

*hugs ECrownofFire too*

For people experiencing severe anxiety from the US election, maybe this could be useful? http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/11/a-post-election-action-plan-for-anxious-people.html?mid=twitter_cut

Posting here instead of ameripol because iirc I was seeing anxious/depressed-about-election people posting here, but not in ameripol
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109351 on: November 30, 2016, 10:32:26 am »

Thank you.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #109352 on: November 30, 2016, 03:34:51 pm »

bluargh

I've had a good day today, but goddamn my body isn't making it easy to stay happy. I've had shit-tier sleep last night because of my bowels, so today i've been TIRED. Do you know what happens when i don't get enough sleep? Yep, my bowels act up. It's been a managable level of discomfort, but now i'm getting that thing where there's basically a burning lump of acid in my esophagus. Again. It BURNS. And just to compound the matters of being super tired and afflicted by acid burns and a looming headache, my left plum kinda hurts.

>_______________________>

Been to the doctor, he suspects nothing malignant. It's still not nice to have random pains in the future family, even if you know it's probably harmless. I also have to wait until the 19th for an ultrasound. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109353 on: November 30, 2016, 03:43:23 pm »

Left... Plum?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #109354 on: November 30, 2016, 03:50:35 pm »

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109355 on: November 30, 2016, 04:03:33 pm »

*pats Shook*

Hope you feel better soon.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #109356 on: November 30, 2016, 04:20:57 pm »

It really fucking pisses me off that my parents are still acting like they have the right to nag me about which college I should go to when they aren't going to be helping to pay for it at all. I can't wait to go to college so I can actually have a decent career and then not have it matter because I'm going to be in debt for the rest of my life.

This is insanely stressful, and it doesn't help that my parents are still acting like I have no reason to be stressed out because apparently they think that this is the easiest thing in the world. Maybe if either of them had even bothered to fucking apply to college when they were young they'd know that isn't the case.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109357 on: November 30, 2016, 04:42:11 pm »

*hugs IronTomato*

College applications suck :x

You using the Common App?
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109358 on: November 30, 2016, 04:58:57 pm »

Do you have to go to college? Because it might just flat out not be worth it career-wise.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #109359 on: November 30, 2016, 05:16:03 pm »

Talked to my councilor again, and this time the conversation somehow drifted towards my relationship with my brother, and with other people and my being single. I feel horrible now, I dont know why I even started talking to this woman about this stuff. Now I cant stop crying either. I dont know what the fuck i'm even doing now
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109360 on: November 30, 2016, 05:17:30 pm »

Probably wanted you to vent.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109361 on: November 30, 2016, 05:21:09 pm »

*hugs Eric Blank*

It's okay to cry.  Crying helps you feel better.  Talking about things helps you let go of them.

You're being human, that's what you're doing.  *hugs* *a lot*
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109362 on: November 30, 2016, 05:35:47 pm »

IronTomato: You have options for getting at least a chunk of the money you need. Apply for scholarships, apply for financial aid (depending on the college and your family situation, you could get a lot out of this), etc. Every college will have an office to answer questions regarding paying, but (most) colleges aren't trying to make you go broke. I know from personal experience that it's really annoying to figure out financial stuff with all the hoops to jump through, but it's possible to avoid large amounts of debt if you're persistent about looking for other sources of money.

And get a job, of course, but you should be able to only work part-time.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109363 on: November 30, 2016, 05:37:45 pm »

My reaction to today:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
ugh
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109364 on: November 30, 2016, 05:42:12 pm »

*hugs Sirus*

I know the feel.

Maybe get some rest if you can?  Or some tea...
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7289 7290 [7291] 7292 7293 ... 8167