Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7279 7280 [7281] 7282 7283 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9492384 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109200 on: November 19, 2016, 11:25:17 pm »

Nothing I'm comfortable talking about. Just authority demonstrating how useless it is again. Maybe vigilantes have a point.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109201 on: November 19, 2016, 11:29:14 pm »

*hugs*

If you do decide you want to vent, I'm around.

Hope things get better.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109202 on: November 20, 2016, 01:08:19 am »

Let's see what my family thinks of me tomorrow.
I've made a bet.  And while my brother cancelled it, I don't care.
I'll come out to all of them tomorrow.
Let's see what they think of me then.
What do I care?  I have nothing left to lose.

I'll probably keep in contact with my brother but he was a right shit about it
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109203 on: November 20, 2016, 01:14:21 am »

Pfft, what's the point of CPS, DSS, or whatever those services are? They're just decorations so people can feel good about having a useless organization to take care of a horrific problem. Completely worthless.

Working with those organizations can be difficult on several fronts. I have personal experience with 'em, though, and they do very important and very difficult work.

Given the vaguebooking, I can't really weigh in. But I'm hoping whatever's going on in your life finds a good resolution, however folks go about it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #109204 on: November 20, 2016, 01:59:35 am »

Let's see what my family thinks of me tomorrow.
I've made a bet.  And while my brother cancelled it, I don't care.
I'll come out to all of them tomorrow.
Let's see what they think of me then.
What do I care?  I have nothing left to lose.

I'll probably keep in contact with my brother but he was a right shit about it

Good luck.  Be well.  It'll all work out.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109205 on: November 20, 2016, 02:08:22 am »

Edit:  Wow haha that was a lot of oversharing
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 12:00:57 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109206 on: November 20, 2016, 04:37:50 am »

Good luck. I'm cheering you on. :)

I found out that some of my relatives (the most religious/evangelical ones) voted for Trump. There's also a no-politics rule for Thanksgiving so I can't even try to convince them that Trump, Pence, and the GOP in general are the opposite of Jesus, despite their claims to be the party of faith (meaning christianity). I probably wouldn't be very good at convincing them anyways, though, since every time I try to look at the bible I'm horrified and stop. I tried looking at just the new testament two days ago, figuring that maybe all the horrifying shit was only in the old testament, but no:

3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 6 And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.

:(
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109207 on: November 20, 2016, 11:18:10 am »

I know it must be frustrating, but let's be honest: a no-politics rule at family holiday gatherings is probably a good idea.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109208 on: November 20, 2016, 11:22:30 am »

I fucking wish I could get a no-politics rule, alongside a no-personal inquiries rule and a no-advice rule. Extended family is like 12 years behind on trying to condescendingly "explain" what I'm supposed to believe.

Strongly considering just not visiting anymore, especially since I'm now the only one who does.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109209 on: November 20, 2016, 12:01:44 pm »

oh gods my head
But yeah, my dad's side of the family is relatively gay friendly, and (while drunk as FUCK) I pissed off my brother by defending them.  He's supposedly okay with me, but I'm sick of him defending mom's side.

And like I said, it won't actually ruin things between us, it was just an argument.
My fucking head, though, FUCK I'm hungover, this never happens
And yeah I'll probably go through with the coming-out business.  Not because I made a dumb bet while drunk, but because I should get it over with.
She/they

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109210 on: November 20, 2016, 12:05:26 pm »

*hugs Rolan*
Good luck.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109211 on: November 20, 2016, 01:55:48 pm »

Jeez.  The things I posted were pretty bad, but they're nothing compared to various things I started to post then left open in a tab.
There's one thing in particular I thought I had gotten over years ago, but apparently I still care an awful lot.  Just... jeez.  This is kinda scaring me.

I'm not actually going to ruin Thanksgiving with this drama, that would be spiteful of me.  Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, anyway.  I'll still tell them, but a little while afterward.

I'm not doing Christmas though, just no.  I broke down last year, who knows what I'd do this year.
She/they

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109212 on: November 20, 2016, 02:12:08 pm »

*hugs Rolan again*
Sigtext

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109213 on: November 20, 2016, 02:21:50 pm »

*hugs Rolan again*

Sir, you are causing hug market collapse  with all this massive hug release.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109214 on: November 20, 2016, 02:39:46 pm »

Good!  People will be able to afford as many hugs as they need!
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7279 7280 [7281] 7282 7283 ... 8167