Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7276 7277 [7278] 7279 7280 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9494030 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109155 on: November 18, 2016, 11:00:58 am »

I read that list in the article. I am now incredibly worried and sad and depressed (in the layman's sense). By the four hells, LGBTQ are effectively second-class citizens if this bill goes through. That's fucking awful on its own, but it will also affect me. I will be a second-class citizen. It's hard to stop freaking out and think rationally, because this is an actual attack on me.

I really fucking hate you, Trump.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109156 on: November 18, 2016, 12:24:23 pm »

Can we sue him?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109157 on: November 18, 2016, 01:09:51 pm »

procrastinated 2 much and did not write a single line of code today  :-\

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #109158 on: November 18, 2016, 01:27:52 pm »

make it stop
How many businesses, hospitals, pharmacies, etc will actually refuse services though? How many businesses will actually fire employees for being gay?

If I'm understanding the article correctly, it's not like the bill is forcing all businesses to deny services or fire employees. It just gives them the freedom to do so.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109159 on: November 18, 2016, 01:30:41 pm »

make it stop
How many businesses, hospitals, pharmacies, etc will actually refuse services though? How many businesses will actually fire employees for being gay?

If I'm understanding the article correctly, it's not like the bill is forcing all businesses to deny services or fire employees. It just gives them the freedom to do so.
The entire Deep South/Bible Belt?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #109160 on: November 18, 2016, 01:35:07 pm »

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109161 on: November 18, 2016, 01:46:23 pm »

make it stop

Wow, that is not ok at all.
...I wonder if the Supreme Court can do a declaratory judgement.
Sigtext

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #109162 on: November 18, 2016, 01:48:24 pm »

I live in the middle of Texas and I find that generalization hard to believe. Do you actually think every single business, hospital, pharmacy, and everything else talked about in that article in a wide span of area will completely deny services to lgbt and women?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 01:53:15 pm by Spehss _ »
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #109163 on: November 18, 2016, 01:52:06 pm »

make it stop

If all laws forbidding murder were repealed, how many people would go on murder-rampages? Only a few? Then it's not like repealing the murderlaws is that bad, right? /s
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109164 on: November 18, 2016, 02:06:56 pm »

This sounds truly horrible if it is true.

Shit, if pretty much any of the fear-mongering is right, then the riots are going to be never-ending the next 4 years, are they?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #109165 on: November 18, 2016, 02:07:49 pm »

Shit, if pretty much any of the fear-mongering is right, then the riots are going to be never-ending the next 4 years, are they?
No. When the DETHSQUADS are implemented, the riots will end. :P
Sigtext!

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109166 on: November 18, 2016, 02:35:26 pm »

No. When the DETHSQUADS are implemented, the riots will end. :P
Then we'll just need a real LIBERAL CRIME SQUAD to save us!
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109167 on: November 18, 2016, 02:39:53 pm »

I live in the middle of Texas and I find that generalization hard to believe. Do you actually think every single business, hospital, pharmacy, and everything else talked about in that article in a wide span of area will completely deny services to lgbt and women?
No, but a not insignificant number will, and that is is too many.
Sigtext

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #109168 on: November 18, 2016, 02:45:18 pm »

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109169 on: November 18, 2016, 04:12:31 pm »

And if they also move to pass something like this?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 7276 7277 [7278] 7279 7280 ... 8167