Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7273 7274 [7275] 7276 7277 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9494462 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109110 on: November 15, 2016, 10:35:57 pm »

*hugpats Sirus*

Get well soon.

@Kot:Who knows, maybe you'll find some.  Don't just dismiss the potential for happiness, because you'll never find any if you do.

*hugs, for good measure*

@DeKaFu:You need better doctors :x

@Cinder:I have a question for you.  Would being noteworthy really make you happy?  Think about it a little.

Not to mention, you're actually noteworthy anyway, at least on this little corner of the Interwebs called Bay12.  You art well, you're a nice person, and you should stop denying that you're getting recognition for your awesomeness to yourself.  :v
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #109111 on: November 15, 2016, 11:33:05 pm »

Ciiiin, methinks those thoughts of social comparison can be better done in speaking with folks over there where you are :3
The message in what you're posting seems to be in the theme of comparison anyway, and its...vague with what exacts are really being compared .-.

The thing is that everything I love boils down to the pursuit knowledge and observation,[...]
Seeker of Knowledge much? :3 That's me too! \o/
Beware of oversaturating your focus though :O Concerns like noteworthiness are something to bring up with discussion and furthering understanding. Maybe make a thread about it somewhere or talk with people over it?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #109112 on: November 16, 2016, 12:59:39 am »

I think I'm falling into depression again. I can still cry, but being happy or even content is getting harder and harder. Ennui and apathy are also knocking at the door.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109113 on: November 16, 2016, 01:03:15 am »

*hugs IcyTea*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #109114 on: November 16, 2016, 01:08:08 am »

made art today :V
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109115 on: November 16, 2016, 12:47:55 pm »

I'm wondering why it's like this.
It's not that I'm a special unique snowflake and that there are no other people alone or sad but I just want for someone to care. To like me actually. Love, I don't even hope for at this point.
I'm just that kind of person that people talk with when there is nothing better happening around, being nice to me and so on, but other than that I am... invisible. People don't think about me outside of what's necessary. I'd love to blame my lack of friends on actually not trying, but everyone I meet just... kinda accepts my existence and moves on. I would have to constantly bother people to get any kind of recognition.
I am just this completly uninteresting extra.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #109116 on: November 16, 2016, 12:49:12 pm »

Same here, brother. :v
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #109117 on: November 16, 2016, 01:00:03 pm »

There's nothing wrong with desiring to be loved and liked, you deserve that, everybody deserves that.  And all the evidence you've compiled in your head about people not caring about you, while it may have some validity as only you can really judge your own situation, please remember that the minds of other people are by nature difficult to access. There is always a good possibility that the people around you care for you, and it's always better to hope than to despair.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #109118 on: November 16, 2016, 02:24:06 pm »

I recommend hot-wiring your brain to allow yourself the ability to think things that are not based on evidence. It has proven useful in the last few months.

...wait, I just realized that's another way of saying "faith". Heh. Heheheh. So that's how people do it. I never thought I'd figure it out this way.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109119 on: November 16, 2016, 02:34:55 pm »

I recommend hot-wiring your brain to allow yourself the ability to think things that are not based on evidence. It has proven useful in the last few months.

...wait, I just realized that's another way of saying "faith". Heh. Heheheh. So that's how people do it. I never thought I'd figure it out this way.

That's... the normal state of human minds... It's probably why you can think you're unattractive when you're actually sexy*, for instance.

* standards vary, obviously, but if even one person thinks you're sexy then you're sexy to them and that is pretty sexy I sure am saying sexy a lot aren't I
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109120 on: November 16, 2016, 02:36:35 pm »

I'm not saying I'm unattractive, but I am not attractive either.
I'm that weird middle ground that nobody wants.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109121 on: November 16, 2016, 02:45:47 pm »

There is more to life than being happy, I would say.  Emotions are too fickle.

The property that I think people often see in people that they say "man, that person is always happy" is really probably contentedness, which is a different thing entirely, as it isn't based on emotion.  You can be content and sad at the same time, you can be in pain and be content, and you can be happy or even elated and content.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109122 on: November 16, 2016, 02:49:04 pm »

I should have been miserable but content with my life all the time! This solves everything! Oh, how blind I were! That's the way to do it, from now on I will accept all the shit in my life as okay! You opened my eyes, man. The whole time I was asking for too much, family, friends, reasonable health, and maybe, just maybe, someone to give a single shit about me, but this is clearly out of my reach so I could settle for slowly dying alone. This is the way my life was meant to be, obviously.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 02:52:22 pm by Kot »

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109123 on: November 16, 2016, 02:52:43 pm »

I should have been miserable but content with my life all the time! This solves everything! Oh, how blind I were! That's the way to do it, from now on I will accept all the shit in my life as okay! You opened my eyes, man.
That... totally wasn't my point.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109124 on: November 16, 2016, 02:57:13 pm »

:/

Let me tell you something Kot: I'm not very successful in my romantic life, but if I am convinced of one thing in that regard, is that attractiveness is far less dependent on physical atractiveness than one would think.
In fact, I daresay that the most important factors are being at the right time in the right place (AKA: luck), and not being oblivious to the situation when it comes.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 7273 7274 [7275] 7276 7277 ... 8167