Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7257 7258 [7259] 7260 7261 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9496390 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108870 on: November 07, 2016, 11:09:21 pm »

I'm running on about three hours of sleep after seeing a comedy show last night.

Totally worth it.
About half an hour or so after I posted that? No longer worth it.

I don't think I'm losing my job, but my stupid runaway mind is insisting on conjuring up all the worst possible outcomes. Add in a 14-hour shift and a now three hour-long headache and I can't believe I was in such a good mood this morning.
*hugs Sirus*

Hope you're carrying pillows.  ;P

I hope everything goes well.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #108871 on: November 08, 2016, 05:32:00 am »

Well, you know how the saying goes: If thy head be hurting and thy be at thy wits end, cram your face full of analgesics. Non-lethal amounts of them, of course. :v

also i feel like my sickness is flaring up for a third time what is even going on
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108872 on: November 08, 2016, 08:54:36 am »

Currently reading about the Romanovs and their fate for the first time. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #108873 on: November 08, 2016, 09:20:03 am »

I know, it's heartbreaking.

Have you read the Tsar's diary? Reading that really drove it in for me.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108874 on: November 08, 2016, 09:33:43 am »

There were one or two excerpts included in the articles I read. Those were sad enough, I don't think I'll be seeking out the rest of it any time soon.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #108875 on: November 08, 2016, 12:44:07 pm »

One of my fish gave birth to about 3 dozen fry, one of which was a stillbirth. They're all rather strong and so I am hopeful that a great deal many of them will avoid being eaten by the other fish upon introduction to the wider tank. With some sadness I noticed the mother had died and had begun to rot, her once golden complexion having turned to a motley red, green and white. I motioned to take her out of the tank and throw her away, when I noticed against all odds she still lived. She was upside down in the tank, rotting away, and still breathed. I'm on the phone with one of my friends detailing all of this as it occurs, and it just so happens he studied the ethics of euthanasia as a med student, naturally I ask him for his opinion. He told me that if I was certain this fish was terminally ill and had no chance of survival (given that rot had settled in and it was having trouble doing more than flip flop, I was certain), I should kill it (for those concerned if he applied those arguments to humans, he did not). After setting out to choke it to death on air, after 4 minutes I found it took far too long and seemed to have no end, and at once resolved to kill it with a knife. It took some effort to line up this fish I had cared for for so long, decapitating it with one quick motion. I picked up its head and staring into its brain, I was confident that it was destroyed. I set about brewing some tea and washing the knife, then washing my hands all thoroughly. I then turned to feed the fish, conscious of the fishes whose mother I had just killed, feeling guilty as I fed them fish flakes. Evidently I do not waste time on the death of lesser or smaller creatures or else I would not eat meat or keep carnivorous plants, but to have to kill something you cared for for so long is needless to say, stressful. As I do not eat seafood or practice fishing, I am not skilled at killing fish, thus I am glad at least I could give my fish a quick death in spite of all that.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108876 on: November 08, 2016, 12:54:21 pm »

That's sad indeed, LW ):
When my father took me fishing last month, I actually had no problem cleaning the fish.  It was letting them air-drown that disturbed me. 
Also... one case where the hook got stuck, and it took me a while to extract it.  The fish swam away healthy (it was a little small), it just took me a while because I didn't want to tear it up.

Drowning and fishhooks...  I told myself they were lesser creatures, predators even, but it still made me uncomfortable.  I can't imagine how much worse it'd be with a pet.  My Luki-cat received a painless injection when her time came, and I actually cried as I held her...

I'm sorry...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #108877 on: November 08, 2016, 01:04:01 pm »

Yeah not much you can do but grieve, learn and remember ):

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108878 on: November 08, 2016, 01:32:16 pm »

*hugs LW*

I used to keep fish.  It was always sad when one died.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #108879 on: November 08, 2016, 01:34:30 pm »

I'm stable 40C now the whole day. Feel like I'm already dead. When I was coming back I could barely stand because I was so dizzy. Somehow made it back and then went to sleep. I'm proably still going to get up in morning and go to school.
It could be worse, I guess.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108880 on: November 08, 2016, 01:35:19 pm »

That is VERY BAD.

Call your doctor, and really, really, really don't do anything strenuous.  ...Like going to school, honestly.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 01:39:24 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108881 on: November 08, 2016, 02:11:51 pm »

I'm stable 40C now the whole day.
I'm proably still going to get up in morning and go to school.
Dude. Listen. Hey. Hey. Listen. Do you want to collapse at school and get carted away on an ambulance? Because that's what's gonna happen. You have about a degree and a half to go before your brain starts dying. What you should do instead (provided you have taken fever pills if your doctor allows them and your fever has not gone down) is get carted away on an ambulance from home. In the other case you should call your doctor and arrange a housecall ASAP and I mean ASAP. 40C is not a joke, especially when you are already seriously ill.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #108882 on: November 08, 2016, 02:14:50 pm »

One of my fish gave birth to about 3 dozen fry, one of which was a stillbirth. They're all rather strong and so I am hopeful that a great deal many of them will avoid being eaten by the other fish upon introduction to the wider tank. With some sadness I noticed the mother had died and had begun to rot, her once golden complexion having turned to a motley red, green and white. I motioned to take her out of the tank and throw her away, when I noticed against all odds she still lived. She was upside down in the tank, rotting away, and still breathed. I'm on the phone with one of my friends detailing all of this as it occurs, and it just so happens he studied the ethics of euthanasia as a med student, naturally I ask him for his opinion. He told me that if I was certain this fish was terminally ill and had no chance of survival (given that rot had settled in and it was having trouble doing more than flip flop, I was certain), I should kill it (for those concerned if he applied those arguments to humans, he did not). After setting out to choke it to death on air, after 4 minutes I found it took far too long and seemed to have no end, and at once resolved to kill it with a knife. It took some effort to line up this fish I had cared for for so long, decapitating it with one quick motion. I picked up its head and staring into its brain, I was confident that it was destroyed. I set about brewing some tea and washing the knife, then washing my hands all thoroughly. I then turned to feed the fish, conscious of the fishes whose mother I had just killed, feeling guilty as I fed them fish flakes. Evidently I do not waste time on the death of lesser or smaller creatures or else I would not eat meat or keep carnivorous plants, but to have to kill something you cared for for so long is needless to say, stressful. As I do not eat seafood or practice fishing, I am not skilled at killing fish, thus I am glad at least I could give my fish a quick death in spite of all that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xakqMyQu5dc
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108883 on: November 08, 2016, 03:06:56 pm »

Not sad, just mildly upsetting. And there is no rage thread to post in.

I spilled a glass of water on my home computer desk. Luckily, nothing too important got wet.
But I am still upset about this.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108884 on: November 08, 2016, 03:14:26 pm »

I'm stable 40C now the whole day.
I'm proably still going to get up in morning and go to school.
Dude. Listen. Hey. Hey. Listen. Do you want to collapse at school and get carted away on an ambulance? Because that's what's gonna happen. You have about a degree and a half to go before your brain starts dying. What you should do instead (provided you have taken fever pills if your doctor allows them and your fever has not gone down) is get carted away on an ambulance from home. In the other case you should call your doctor and arrange a housecall ASAP and I mean ASAP. 40C is not a joke, especially when you are already seriously ill.
HEAVILY SECONDED.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7257 7258 [7259] 7260 7261 ... 8168