Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7243 7244 [7245] 7246 7247 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500008 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108660 on: October 29, 2016, 09:10:37 pm »

You really want working to be the only significant thing you did all week?

I've grown used to this...  not happy with it, but increasingly resigned.

I used to force myself, but in the past year or so, I've reached a point of worn down where I genuinely never get around to enjoying it.

But you are still right, and I'll try to join on their next game.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 09:15:34 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108661 on: October 29, 2016, 09:18:29 pm »

Excellent. Life's too short to fall into complacency.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #108662 on: October 29, 2016, 09:42:42 pm »

Got kinda down for a while earlier today because my SO was gone, and I was potentially looking at the prospect of not seeing her all weekend.
That's kind of pathetic, in that a 41-year old can't hack a weekend by himself without becoming a lonely shut-in. :-/

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108663 on: October 29, 2016, 09:45:09 pm »

*hugs*

Everybody gets lonely, especially when people we care about are gone.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #108664 on: October 30, 2016, 01:45:58 am »

I just love having no friends and nothing to do. Every weekend. Fuck, it's every day and every night.

Why the fuck do I have to crave social interaction so much and never get any of it. I like talking to people, doing things with people, just interacting and learning about others and having actual goddamn fun for once. I'm sick of being by myself 24/7. It's fucking exhausting to be alone.

Every time I try to think of something that could interest me that could lead to social interaction, I basically come up blank. I don't have any hobbies.

It's been a while since I've cried this much.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 01:45:35 pm by ECrownofFire »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108665 on: October 30, 2016, 01:51:39 am »

*hugs ECrown*

Not having anybody to talk to sucks :(

How are they 'for women'?  Is it like, 'all the people are women', or 'group name is gendered', or...?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #108666 on: October 30, 2016, 02:02:32 am »

*hugs ECrown*

Not having anybody to talk to sucks :(

How are they 'for women'?  Is it like, 'all the people are women', or 'group name is gendered', or...?
Specifically made for women.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 01:45:52 pm by ECrownofFire »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108667 on: October 30, 2016, 02:04:44 am »

Ah.

What kind of groups, anyway?
Sigtext

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #108668 on: October 30, 2016, 02:24:54 am »

Ah.

What kind of groups, anyway?
Just random social groups, really. A few groups for lesbians/bi women, couple "girls' night out" type things, various others.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108669 on: October 30, 2016, 02:25:45 am »

Ahhh.

...Try one?  Just one, see how it goes.
Sigtext

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #108670 on: October 30, 2016, 03:30:22 am »

and nobody gives a fuck about me, again

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #108671 on: October 30, 2016, 04:06:42 am »

It really is easy to miss your posts miauw, they're all one line sentences that are rhetorical questions, hardly anything for anybody to go on, even for just expressing sympathy. And this might just be me, but I find it physically difficult to read sentences that aren't capitalised.  My mind actually seems to skip over them.

Hope things aren't too bad with you, whatever's going on.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108672 on: October 30, 2016, 05:23:06 am »

It's not like anybody ever replied when i did write about private stuff that i might not want to be out in the open for everyone to see, or that might be hard to write about. So why even put in the effort?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #108673 on: October 30, 2016, 05:30:23 am »

*shrugs* if ya never try, you'll never have a chance at getting what you want.  Hope is a survival skill.  It may be insane to ignore past failures, misfortunes and cruel whims of chance, and just keep on forging ahead, but insane does not necessarily equal wrong. As long as you want something, keep on trying.

The only other choice is to get yourself to not desire attention.  Nobody has control over what other people do, and the only concrete satisfaction possible in this life is in accepting that on an intellectual and emotional level.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108674 on: October 30, 2016, 05:39:39 am »

i tried and it never worked and just hurt

but this isn't even whats really fucking bothering me!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 05:41:29 am by miauw62 »

Pages: 1 ... 7243 7244 [7245] 7246 7247 ... 8168