Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7234 7235 [7236] 7237 7238 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9504466 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108525 on: October 25, 2016, 12:44:54 pm »

All these people showing up here again recently has left me wondering if people here would remember me if I went away. I have been here for a long while now, have I left a mark at all?

That's a silly thing to beat yourself up about, even if I've thought the same thing a few times over the years.

You can't genuinely please people when you're just trying to please people. Focus on being someone that You like, and strive to be more of that person every day. You'll inevitably make an impact in the lives of people who see you for who you are, and who appreciate that. And you'll better yourself in the process! Win win.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108526 on: October 25, 2016, 12:57:44 pm »

In a rare tempsads, argued with my mom yesterday about a certain (rather trivial and expected) judicial issue of my brother's. Look woman, I'm sorry I was kinda rude, but I tried to explain the nuances of the whole situation to you thrice and you still insisted in asserting your own thoughts on the matter. This isn't a feels issue, its a little more technical than that.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #108527 on: October 25, 2016, 01:31:59 pm »

*hugs*
If only I could transfer some of my unreasonably huge reservoir of happiness towards all of you... sadly, the day when we can send emotions over Internet has not arrived yet.
We clearly can transmit emotions over internet : 01100010 00101101 01100010 00101101 01100010 01100001 01101011 01100001
Okay this was a pretty bad day that I was considering positing about before sticking this post into a binary->ascii translator, but you just made it so much better after some actual laughing aloud. Thanks. :)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108528 on: October 25, 2016, 03:09:56 pm »

All these people showing up here again recently has left me wondering if people here would remember me if I went away. I have been here for a long while now, have I left a mark at all?
I sure would - you've been a pain in me arse sufficiently often.

That's how I know my absence would be noticed: scriver would get pissed less often :D
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #108529 on: October 25, 2016, 04:18:18 pm »

Your absence would definitely be noticed. Of all of us, you're most certainly the one who's left the biggest marx.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108530 on: October 25, 2016, 05:03:12 pm »

@Caroline:I know I would.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108531 on: October 25, 2016, 05:19:05 pm »

I don't know whether people would remember me well if I left. I never really do much of anything outside the emotion threads.
Uh, I think it was you who said stuff about Honduras having the highest murder rate of all countries in the world and every house having to have a 3m high electrified fence just to keep the murderers out, right? Don't know whenever that's "well", but that's, uh, something?
._.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #108532 on: October 25, 2016, 05:20:57 pm »

Given how nice you tend to be to others, it'd be hard to forget ya tbf.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #108533 on: October 25, 2016, 06:09:09 pm »

We don't really ever correspond, even in passing, but I don't think I would forget you. Mostly because I want to see you succeed and blossom into an even greater human being. You're an extraordinary individual and the forums would be cheaper in your absence.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108534 on: October 25, 2016, 06:13:28 pm »

I don't think I would forget you. Mostly because I want to see you succeed and blossom into an even greater human being. You're an extraordinary individual and the forums would be cheaper in your absence.
Seriously.  This, all of this.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #108535 on: October 25, 2016, 06:59:32 pm »

welp it's been a good 3 years and death honestly still seems like a more appealing option than attempting to get my life to go even remotely in the direction I want it to. I've been applying to college hoping to get a degree in engineering but my GPA is like 2.3 and it just keeps reminding me how pointless it is to even try.

Naturally my parents have done absolutely nothing to help me apply or make any remote attempt to help me not feel like shit, as usual, which doesn't help.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108536 on: October 25, 2016, 07:03:00 pm »

It's absolutely not right that your parents treat you like this. From what you've shared, it's easy to see that they're abusers and dysfunctional people; I'm positive they'd get a Borderline Personality diagnosis from a professional at this point too. In any case, they're the ones who are sick, but you're suffering for it anyway. I'm really sorry that they hurt you like this, and sorry that I can't do more to help other than offer support and advice.

Hang in there, hon. You'll get out of there, and things will get better.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108537 on: October 25, 2016, 07:07:02 pm »

@IronTomato:I can't promise I'll be very helpful, but if you want what help I can give, I'll offer.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #108538 on: October 25, 2016, 08:22:43 pm »

I've been applying to college hoping to get a degree in engineering but my GPA is like 2.3 and it just keeps reminding me how pointless it is to even try.

Not pointless, you may just need to try a different track to get there. My ex-wife didn't have good scores in high school and went into the marine corps right afterwords. There she became a mechanic, and after years of hands-on experience working on engines she was able to go to college and get an engineering degree.

Not saying you need to join the military to do that, but maybe try a vocational school or the like. Learn welding, car mechanics, electrical, or whatever. It may take longer to get where you want to go but you'll learn a lot of very practical skills in the meantime, have a trade that makes good money, and puts you on a solid track to engineering if that is where you ultimately want to go.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108539 on: October 25, 2016, 10:45:50 pm »

CPS is always an option, though it's rarely an appealing one. No one should be forced to go through this kind of emotional, nearing physical abuse. My suggestion is to find the fastest way out of that house. Maybe you have a friend that's willing to help?

Anyway, I hope you find yourself a good solution, because it sounds like it can only get worse by staying there. *hugs* all around.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.
Pages: 1 ... 7234 7235 [7236] 7237 7238 ... 8168