Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7225 7226 [7227] 7228 7229 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9507747 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108390 on: October 19, 2016, 11:56:41 am »

Fuck, man. Try to survive and... fuck, I dunno, join the goddamn Foreign Legion or whatever one does when they want to do something with their life. You can't let it end on this fucking depressive shitty goth romance novel note. There's always a chance to get shit done if you aren't dead.

Hell, this is really shallow, but I don't know how else to say it. Try not to die. I mean, I know you already are. This probably doesn't mean much, but I really wish you wouldn't die.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108391 on: October 19, 2016, 11:59:15 am »

No dying, Kot.  That is an order.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108392 on: October 19, 2016, 12:05:03 pm »

don't die Kot. Look at it this way, surviving liver failure is pretty damn impressive.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #108393 on: October 19, 2016, 12:13:25 pm »

Fuck, man. Try to survive and... fuck, I dunno, join the goddamn Foreign Legion or whatever one does when they want to do something with their life.
Ha!
I totally thought of that before. Not that Foreign Legion is what it was anymore, but I totally consider just vanishing one day.

Thanks all of you, I guess.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108394 on: October 19, 2016, 12:20:29 pm »

*hugs again*

Remember, no dying.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108395 on: October 19, 2016, 12:23:50 pm »

May your replacement liver come swiftly and from reputable sources, Kot.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108396 on: October 19, 2016, 12:35:02 pm »

Dang, that's harsh. So what I understand is that medication for a non-lethal affliction managed to give you a lethal liver failure?.

*hugs*.

I can only add to the hope for a replacement liver. You being young should give you some priority on the waiting lists though.
When a matching liver is found for either a 70 year old or a 18 year old patient, doctors tend to choose for the young patient, unless you live in a country that has hospitals where private economic incentives are allowed to cloud medical ethics, and the 70 year old has more money than you.

On that topic, the Dutch government just recently changed the law in regards to donorship.
It used to be that everyone is not a donor, except when volontarily registered. It's changed to everyone is automatically a donor, unless specifically registered not to want to be one.
Not sure if the law will stay though. There's quite a bit of commotion about it. Hardcore liberals ('the state does not own you body'), and religious parties object strongly.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #108397 on: October 19, 2016, 12:45:00 pm »

My father was slightly over 30 when he died, didin't help him much.
As for the private economic incentives... theoretically not. Theoretically. I am very much biased but... Polish public healthcare is a shitshow and private one is balant money grab, as everywhere else.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108398 on: October 19, 2016, 12:47:06 pm »

Dang, that's harsh. So what I understand is that medication for a non-lethal affliction managed to give you a lethal liver failure?.
There are surprisingly many medical complications which turn non-lethal things very, very lethal. My mother has a pretty rare one which could make a common type of anaesthetic kill her outright. And she had a fair share of operations which required anaesthesia.
._.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108399 on: October 19, 2016, 01:06:50 pm »

*hugs Kot more*

That really sucks.
Sigtext

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108400 on: October 19, 2016, 01:11:08 pm »

*hugs Kot more*

That really sucks.
Can 100% agree.

*adds a hug to the hug-pile*
._.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #108401 on: October 19, 2016, 02:14:36 pm »

Two security officers hospitalised after protest violence. There's some decently horrifying video on the web. That's not the worst of it.

Part of me wants to find every person involved in the violence. With a machete.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108402 on: October 19, 2016, 02:16:48 pm »

*hugs Arx*

Stay safe.
Sigtext

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #108403 on: October 19, 2016, 02:18:16 pm »

I haven't been on campus in weeks. My bodily safety isn't at risk, fortunately.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108404 on: October 19, 2016, 02:21:13 pm »

Oh thank goodness.

That's bad, though...
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7225 7226 [7227] 7228 7229 ... 8168