Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7220 7221 [7222] 7223 7224 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9507672 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108315 on: October 16, 2016, 12:52:15 am »

The first thing I discovered on waking up this morning was that most recently acquired cat died outside, in the road  :(

Farewell, Luke. You were sweet tempered and had funny habits, and played fetch. No cat I've met enjoyed anything that crinkled or rustled as much as you. Or jam, or grapes, or red straws
Oh no, that's awful. :(
Sorry for your loss. Sounds like an adorable fella. I imagine kitty heaven is filled with crinkly and chaseable objects.

I live in fear that one of my mother's cats is going to wind up being hit by a car one of these days, since in the past he's made a habit of crossing the multi-lane road nearby. Don't know how he manages to do it, or how many of his nine lives he has left. Apparently the other outside cat has been spotted at least once on the other side, too. For a while I wishfully believed that he was traversing the road via storm drain or something, but then one night I'm pretty sure I saw him sprinting across the road in the distance. Scary.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #108316 on: October 16, 2016, 01:10:07 am »

Just 'cause I'm an alcoholic doesn't mean I have a supply of high proof, cleaning-grade liquor on hand.
I doubt pouring this cheap swill I'm drinking into the sea of pus that is my knee would help matters much...  :P
Oh shit, sorry didn't mean it that way.  :-[ It was just curiosity as to whether alcohol was actually effective as a disinfectant.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108317 on: October 16, 2016, 01:29:24 am »

Would applying lemon juice help?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108318 on: October 16, 2016, 01:48:22 am »

Good god Bork, just because something stings doesn't mean it's a valid disinfectant.

N-no, do not put lemon juice in wounds.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #108319 on: October 16, 2016, 02:09:32 am »

The first thing I discovered on waking up this morning was that most recently acquired cat died outside, in the road  :(

Farewell, Luke. You were sweet tempered and had funny habits, and played fetch. No cat I've met enjoyed anything that crinkled or rustled as much as you. Or jam, or grapes, or red straws
Oh no, that's awful. :(
Sorry for your loss. Sounds like an adorable fella. I imagine kitty heaven is filled with crinkly and chaseable objects.

I live in fear that one of my mother's cats is going to wind up being hit by a car one of these days, since in the past he's made a habit of crossing the multi-lane road nearby. Don't know how he manages to do it, or how many of his nine lives he has left. Apparently the other outside cat has been spotted at least once on the other side, too. For a while I wishfully believed that he was traversing the road via storm drain or something, but then one night I'm pretty sure I saw him sprinting across the road in the distance. Scary.
It's just hard to believe he's gone, we only had him about a year but he made such a big impression on us. We couldn't really stop him from getting out since the dog keeps opening the door but I hadn't worried too much since he never seemed to leave the yard.

I very much hope this never happens to the cats you know. It pains me greatly to think of how he died alone outside, wounded. When we had our first kitty death in the family, it happened in my arms, and though it broke my heart, it's at least comforting to know I was there for him in the end. But this time...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108320 on: October 16, 2016, 08:25:33 am »

my dog has had 15-16 seizures (that we've witnessed, at least) over the span of two days and moms talking about her dying and im weeks behimd in school and its hard to see the point in doing anything anymore because iys never good enough i just wanna take a break for a bit
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #108321 on: October 16, 2016, 08:45:27 am »

~snip~
:<
Use whichever school services are at hand that are for helping students with their concerns--please do not judge yourself as 'not good enough' especially given the early age in life; how you judge yourself in this time is something that you'll carry on into the future. Just because low self-esteem presents an unideal picture of your own skills and capabilities, it doesn't define them however. :O You're worth a lot more than the meager credit you may give yourself in your low times. Just because performance is a bit down these days, doesn't mean you will never be good enough.

Cheers to you, tech :3 It's nice to hear from you again--despite this being in a sad thread post.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108322 on: October 16, 2016, 11:05:26 am »

Good god Bork, just because something stings doesn't mean it's a valid disinfectant.

N-no, do not put lemon juice in wounds.
I did not suggest using it as a disinfectant. And why did you think I thought pain=medical value anyway?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108323 on: October 16, 2016, 11:16:30 am »

...I sorta believed that, about the stinging...
Though I've never tried that, and lemons rot so it can't be true of course.  I guess the acid isn't enough to sterilize.  That would probably be way too much acid to eat :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108324 on: October 16, 2016, 11:18:44 am »

~snip~
Use whichever school services are at hand that are for helping students with their concerns--please do not judge yourself as 'not good enough' especially given the early age in life; how you judge yourself in this time is something that you'll carry on into the future. Just because low self-esteem presents an unideal picture of your own skills and capabilities, it doesn't define them however. :O You're worth a lot more than the meager credit you may give yourself in your low times. Just because performance is a bit down these days, doesn't mean you will never be good enough.

Cheers to you, tech :3 It's nice to hear from you again--despite this being in a sad thread post.
*seconds the above, with more hugs*

Anything I could help with?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108325 on: October 16, 2016, 11:19:06 am »

...I sorta believed that, about the stinging...
Though I've never tried that, and lemons rot so it can't be true of course.  I guess the acid isn't enough to sterilize.  That would probably be way too much acid to eat :P

There's different levels of sterilization, though. You might be able to kill off most of the nastier pathogens with the low pH, or at least inhibit their growth. They're a picky lot, pathogens. Can't even survive a few seconds of 70 degrees Celsius sometimes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #108326 on: October 16, 2016, 02:06:09 pm »

~snip~

*seconds the above, with more hugs*

Anything I could help with?
Thirded.

My PM box is always open.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108327 on: October 16, 2016, 02:29:58 pm »

my dog has had 15-16 seizures (that we've witnessed, at least) over the span of two days and moms talking about her dying and im weeks behimd in school and its hard to see the point in doing anything anymore because iys never good enough i just wanna take a break for a bit
my mother's dog died of cancer too and it sucks:( were here for you *hugs* but take a break if you need too. I'm doing the same thing here too, so don't feel down about requesting a break. And yes school services have helped me in the past and I highly recommend going to see them especially with a parent (if at all possible) sometimes people need a break and I can empathize because I'm in the same position

Speaking of which, what made me sad today is that I feel too far behind in my school and I'm only 19 but I beat myself up over not having done it and having messed up my life by doing stupid things but I'm on a path to recovery it just takes time and like my mother said it's baby steps and there's nothing wrong with that but I myself feel inadequate about my own self due to those things among others.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #108328 on: October 16, 2016, 05:06:26 pm »

« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 10:51:39 am by Calidovi »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108329 on: October 16, 2016, 05:53:11 pm »

Fuck em. They're just trying to fulfill their vicarious regrets in you without actually doing anything, and getting upset that you aren't the superstar doctor opera singer lawyer who graduated sumo come with me and read graduation speeches about dictionary definitions that they wanted to be.

You're in high school. You don't have anything going on because you aren't supposed to have anything going on, aside from being in high school.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 7220 7221 [7222] 7223 7224 ... 8168