Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7218 7219 [7220] 7221 7222 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500816 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108285 on: October 14, 2016, 08:50:14 pm »

*hugs Kansa*

I wish I had advice.

Good luck, okay?

Stay safe.

@iinl:*hugs*  What happened?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108286 on: October 15, 2016, 05:05:54 am »

Aw man, the wound where I skinned my knee appears to be is most definitely infected.
This is painful, gross and embarrassing. I don't think putting ointment on it helped. ...Although, that was when it started oozing pus, so maybe it accelerated the healing process? I dunno, I can't remember ever having an infection larger than a tiny cut on a hand or something. My whole experience with this stuff comes from games like DF and Rimworld, which doesn't exactly make me optimistic about my survival chances. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #108287 on: October 15, 2016, 05:38:53 am »

Drain pus (carefully clean the wound with warm water and a soft thing to remove the scabbing, use a sterile pin or similar to lance if necessary), apply a disinfectant (the brand I know is Savlon) with a soft swab, then put on ointment and cover it with probably a gauze pad if it's a skinned knee. Anything big enough to cover it. You want to keep it protected for a little while while it gets some healing done. The pad can probably come off after a day or so.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108288 on: October 15, 2016, 05:50:01 am »

Thanks for the advice. I already cleaned and disinfected it with a swab (that was rather unpleasant), although there wasn't any scabbing as far as I could see and unfortunately I don't have any pads/bandages.
I'll have to get some of those. Although if it isn't any better in the morning I suppose I'll just go to the hospital. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #108289 on: October 15, 2016, 07:30:45 am »

I'd only come out of the closet if you can afford to cut off people who won't accept you.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #108290 on: October 15, 2016, 07:48:39 am »

If one of my friends told me "I'm gay" just out of the blue, that would probably lead to an awkward silence/conversation. If a friend said "I've got a boyfriend coming over" then less so.

Maybe it's just me, but I think there's a bit too much emphasis on coming out for the sake of it. I'd just wait until there was a valid reason for bringing it up.

Of course, if you really, really want to get it off your chest that's different. A true friend will get over it, heh.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #108291 on: October 15, 2016, 08:13:28 am »

Thanks for the advice. I already cleaned and disinfected it with a swab (that was rather unpleasant), although there wasn't any scabbing as far as I could see and unfortunately I don't have any pads/bandages.
I'll have to get some of those. Although if it isn't any better in the morning I suppose I'll just go to the hospital. :-\

Eh, as long as you apply a mild disinfectant every now and then for the next day or so it'll heal up just fine. Being able to cover it for a while is just, IME, helpful. Give it a little while before going to hospital- if it's still swollen, hot and inflamed (there is probably redundancy there...) in a day or two, you might need to, but it should clear up just fine if you keep it clean and sanitary.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108292 on: October 15, 2016, 08:22:47 am »

I'm glad to hearread that, reinforces what I've been told already.
Maybe I'm not gonna die after all! :D Still gross, though.  

Seeing as laughter is supposedly the best medicine, I guess I'll just continue watching funny Youtube videos and disinfecting it every so often.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #108293 on: October 15, 2016, 08:25:48 am »

Eh, as long as you apply a mild disinfectant every now and then for the next day or so it'll heal up just fine. Being able to cover it for a while is just, IME, helpful. Give it a little while before going to hospital- if it's still swollen, hot and inflamed (there is probably redundancy there...) in a day or two, you might need to, but it should clear up just fine if you keep it clean and sanitary.
Does alcohol work as a disinfectant? I feel like I've heard that it can be but I'm not sure.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108294 on: October 15, 2016, 08:29:43 am »

Just 'cause I'm an alcoholic doesn't mean I have a supply of high proof, cleaning-grade liquor on hand.
I doubt pouring this cheap swill I'm drinking into the sea of pus that is my knee would help matters much...  :P 
Booze is Life for Yoink

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #108295 on: October 15, 2016, 08:35:24 am »

Does alcohol work as a disinfectant? I feel like I've heard that it can be but I'm not sure.

It does. Most disinfectants work by slaughtering the bacteria that cause infection, which alcohol manages quite handily. Off-hand, I think it potentially causes more cell damage (that's the stinging, by the way) than some other disinfectants.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #108296 on: October 15, 2016, 10:51:02 am »

Better than peroxide for most things. Having rubbing alcohol (85-95% ethanol) around is usually a good idea, as near as I can recall. Beer could work... if it was around 180 proof.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108297 on: October 15, 2016, 11:07:17 am »

You know what sucks? Having several of your fields of interest, that you want to talk about and share with someone else, be not interesting to anyone around you, like, at all.

It's the main reason why I still don't have anyone I can really call a friend. Well, that and the general extreme social awkwardness due to me missing the school almost entirely.
._.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #108298 on: October 15, 2016, 11:56:14 am »

You know what sucks? Having several of your fields of interest, that you want to talk about and share with someone else, be not interesting to anyone around you, like, at all.

It's the main reason why I still don't have anyone I can really call a friend. Well, that and the general extreme social awkwardness due to me missing the school almost entirely.

Right?

In my case, I've managed to find a few people, but nevertheless, this sort of thing really sucks.

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #108299 on: October 15, 2016, 12:12:22 pm »

The first thing I discovered on waking up this morning was that most recently acquired cat died outside, in the road  :(

Farewell, Luke. You were sweet tempered and had funny habits, and played fetch. No cat I've met enjoyed anything that crinkled or rustled as much as you. Or jam, or grapes, or red straws

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 7218 7219 [7220] 7221 7222 ... 8168